1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYPost] Rockets could make push for Carmelo (UPDATE: Blog post)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 13, 2014.

1. basketballholic

We'd all do that if we were Phil Jackson. But most of us wouldn't do that if we were Daryl Morey.

2. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

I think Melo or Harden wouldn't have problems, because Harden can be unselfish enough to make Melo feel like he'd have to give up some shots aswell. You underestimate the desire that Melo has to win. The dude gave everything he had this year on a terrible Knicks team this year. I really gained some respect for how he didn't say anything negatively about his team or complained at all.

3. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

If I were Daryl Morey I'd "LoL" and hang up after I heard that offer.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well Phil Jackson doesn't smoke crack rocks

5. torocan

torocan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Melo said if the plan is to build for 2015 he can't be a part of another losing season.</p>&mdash; Steve Popper (@StevePopper) <a href="https://twitter.com/StevePopper/statuses/456848849596727297">April 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ok, this isn't good for the Knicks.

If Melo wants the Morey plan (rebuild WHILE contending) it's going to be a very tough spot for the Knicks. The Knicks have virtually no assets and NO cap space, and just the mini-MLE to available.

Amare, Felton and Bargnani are essentially dead weight contracts. Chandler is tradeable. JR Smith might be tradeable. Outside of that assuming they want to keep Shumpert and THJr they really don't have much in the cupboard.

No idea how Phil pulls this off... or even IF he can pull this off. =x

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This would be the worst trade in Rockets history.

7. Classic

Classic Member

Welcome to Houston Carmelo.

8. bongman

bongman Member

If we get past the first round, we will look even more attractive to Melo. Getting to WCF, book it!! He will definitely sign with us.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Carmelo has improved his efficiency and rebounding while reducing turnovers the past couple years.

I'm intrigued with him at PF.

His defense is still horrid though.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Melo would fit perfectly around Harden/Dwight

11. HTM

HTM Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SHoNWwhzh3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Then he should fit right in :p

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Carmelo fit in just fine on the USA Olympics team which was littered with star players. In fact many say some of Carmelo's best play was when he was mixed in with great talent.

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

http://nypost.com/2014/04/17/carmelo-says-he-wants-to-stay-but-doesnt-want-to-rebuild/

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think we would ultimately be the best choice, but I think Chicago is the likely landing spot.

Alot of chatter about each other from both side. If we could snag Gibson in the process, as a means for them to clear cap, that would be a huge win. If we can walk away this summer by turning Asik/Lin/Dmo/pick into cap space and that cap space into a combo of say Lowry + Gibson, that is a monster win for the Rockets and we are set for the next 3-4 years.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yes, I take direct quotes from Wade about why he took less money, and other quotes from Haslem about who took less for him to get paid, at face value.

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How is the lottery pick going to help them contend immediately, and Gasol's bird rights don't matter very much anymore. No one is giving anything of value for him.

18. Classic

Classic Member

Where is Slim Thug with the courtship tweets?

Darkhorse marketing ploy...

19. basketballholic

Options, options, options. Lakers have them. Knicks don't.