1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan is about to show the world he's on Joakim Noah's level...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kwame, Nov 3, 2013.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

not surprised at all hes doing this under rivers

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

**** OFF

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOLwut? If you think De Andre Jordan is a better deal than Dwight, than Omer Asik at 8M is the best deal in the entire NBA. Is De Andre Jordan 27% better than Omer? No? Than obv Asik is the best in the league.

You see, the problem here is Dwight is mostly left to his own devices, our pgs are scorers like Lin/Bev, and our best playmaker is actually an SG as well. OTH, DJ is playing with one of the best pgs in the new era of the NBA, CP3's playmaking abilities can stand shoulder to shoulder with the best of the NBA. This masks DJ's ineptitude on offense, kinda' like when the Big 3 masked Rondo's horrible J. Bacause CP3 makes offense easy for him, DJ can stay ont he floor longer because his team isn't playing 4 on 5 on offense, and so he can do what he does best which is defend, reb etc. If CP3 goes down then DJ reverts to being an 11M overpaid offensive liability. On the flip side, if DH had been the one playing with CP3 he'd probably record 20-20's a night like he did in Orlando.

4. slestack11

slestack11 Member

You are judging deandre by his offense and, like I said earlier, rivers told deandre that they will not be running any plays to him all year. Any point he gets is if he's open for an alley pop dunk or via an offensive rebound put back. Deandre should be judged by his defense because that is what he was asked to do for the clippers. Leading the league in rebounds and third in blocks should not be overlooked and I really don't see how cp3 helps deandre get boards or blocks. Like I said before, the rockets would also be better off if they tell Dwight that they won't run any plays to him and he should focus on defense. Harden, parsons, and jones should be option 1,2,and 3 for rockets on offense.

5. slestack11

slestack11 Member

If Omer asik was a good deal, then someone would have traded for him. But instead, all Morey could get was a second round pick for him. And yes, deandre is more than 27% better than asik.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Deandre Jordan potential and what he is getting paid for is mainly on his defense and rebounding so not sure why folks continue bringing up CP3. Whatever he adds offensively is just a plus that game.

With that said he proved me wrong this year but it helps that he isn't getting benched in the 4th quarter this year. So long Del Negro

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

You don't understand the CBA.

Omer at 8mil a year is great. Omer on 1 year at $15mil out of pocket isn't, hence why he wasn't traded. That plus the demand for omer was 2 first rounders.

8. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Who was offering two first rounders? Was that one of those Morey pipe dreams? What don't I understand about the cba? I'm simply saying the rockets were trying to move him and couldn't.

9. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I don't know if Deandre Jordan is the defensive player of the year, but I think he's the best defensive player right now. He is so much better than he was in the beginning of the year. He's going to lead the league in rebounding and now Doc Rivers defensive scheme of chasing players off the three point line is really working because the team runs them into a Deandre Jordan block. The center position is essentially dead in the modern NBA, but I really think DeAndre is a top 3 center right now along with Joakim Noah and Anthony Davis.

10. clippy

clippy Member

DJ is most definitely not the best defensive player in the league right now. Those players are rarely measured by individual stats. They are measured by how much the opposition has to change their offense to account for them. At the moment, DJ's defense doesn't scare anyone. Now his rebounding has been phenomenal and overall he's a huge asset, but only Clipper homers and people who don't watch the games would put him as a DPOY candidate.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

So, when did Dwight, Demarcus, and Jefferson die?

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Asks contract results in an out of pocket cost of 15M, which is why the offers were so low.Its not because Asik himself is only one 2ndrounder, rather the 8M extra lowered his value.

And lol at De Andre better than Ask,you realize Asik had more rebs last year as a starter? And he doesn't have cp3 feeding him dunks all day?

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

From tonight's Rockets-Lakers game:

[​IMG]

14. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I don't think he put an entire season together as the top defensive player, but if you watch the last 10 games, he has been a force on the defense. I really think he's turned the corner in confidence and defensive intelligence in the last month. I used to complain that Deandre was overpaid, now I'm worried the Clippers won't be able to afford him when his contract is up. Like I said before, Doc Rivers really changed his life.

15. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Dwight died after he had back surgery two years ago. Look at his numbers the last two years...they are down. Of course, maybe he was always overrated because he used to play in Orlando. Demarcus and Jefferson are not very good on defense. You forgot to mention Hibbert. Here's how I rank the centers in the NBA. Of course centers are rather extinct in their usefulness in the modern NBA.

1. Anthony Davis
    2. Joakim Noah
    3. Deandre Jordan
    4. Marc Gasol
    5. Dwight Howard
    6. Roy Hibbert
    7. Andre Drummond

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

There are definitely not 7 Centers better than Demarcus Cousins.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You're having Davis, who plays most of his minutes at PF, as best center in the NBA? What?

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Gerald Green is most improved.

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

It's official now that the season is over. DeAndre Jordan becomes only the 2nd player in NBA history to lead the league in rebounding and fg%. He was also 3rd in blocks. When this thread was created at the beginning of the season, many ridiculed the premise, but the last laugh now belongs to me. What a tremendous season for DJ!

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on your back, lol.

1 person likes this.