1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Vince Carter,Grant Hill,Rasheed Wallace,Tracy Mcgrady and Allen Iverson deserve to be HOF

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think VC makes it. Every one in the top 30 on NBA scoring list is in and VC will break into the top 30.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

How can Iverson not make it? Good grief.

3. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

What about Shane Battier.

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

t-mac definitely deserves to be in the HOF

5. ryebread

ryebread Member

after marbury

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Iverson, no doubt about it. Beyond that..my homerism calls for T-Mac. Vince gets a nod for being the greatest dunker of all time. I was on the fence with Hill (his fame is inflated by college, rather unfair in my opinion because T-Mac would have excelled in college) but I would vote no if it came down to it. Rasheed....haha absolutely not!

7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Can you imagine the type of career T-Mac would have had in college? He would have put on a clinic on a nightly basis. The HOF should definitely not look at college years...any insight on why they do so?

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Because it is the "Basketball Hall of Fame", not the "NBA Hall of Fame". I think Grant Hill may make it in on the strength of his Duke team, his early superstardom and fame (as the "next Jordan") and for his longevity.

9. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'm a bit of a HOF elitist. If you hand out Hall passes to every 5-time All-Star it stops really being something that matters. Yes to Iverson, based on how huge his prime was and his MVP award. No to everyone else.

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

there is no NBA Hall of Fame.

it is the Hall of Fame for the sport of basketball

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Somehow TMac got worse as he entered his prime years. His best years were arguably when he was 21-23.

Grant Hill would have been an All-Time great if not for the injuries.

12. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Mcgrady and Iverson for sure. When you lead the league for multiple years in scoring, you are HOF, not to mention Iverson single handedly took 76ers to the finals.

VC and Grand Hill should be HOF due to his prime years and how effective they still are/were in the late stage of their career.

Only Rasheed Wallace is on the edge I think, he did win a championship, but outside of that, there isn't a lot in his career that is truly memorable, maybe the tech calls....and...ball dont lie

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

AI and Vince are HOFs, IMO. I don't think a lot of people realize how good Vince was and still is. Hill is a maybe when considering his college career as well. For every arguement I can think of to support Tracy getting in, I can also think of another to snub him, maybe history will look back on his career with rose colored glasses and he slides in.

As for Sheed. He's one of my all time favs, and had he have decided to just live in the post he'd no doubt have went down as a great. IMO, he had the best post game in the league behind Shaq and maybe Duncan. Arguably Yao for a few years. At any rate, Sheed is a no.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Zo and Mitch Richmond...

With that being the basis I'm pretty sure Iverson, McGrady, Carter, and Hill will all get in.

15. dragician

dragician Member

if only AI attended every practice...

16. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Grant Hill and Vince Carter being hall of famers are laughable. One got injured early, the other never did anything but rack up numbers.

T-Mac, not so much because he never did anything.

Rasheed, wtf?

Iverson, definite yes.

17. Yellow

Yellow Member

A Hall of Fame for individuals when it's a team sport is ridiculous anyways + Stern is voted in, what the hell?

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Grant Hill should because of college.

Rasheed Wallace I hope is a joke.

Vince and Tmac are borderline. As much as I love Tmac I would not vote him in.

Iverson should not because he is a dumb ass.

19. VBG

VBG Member

I would definitely have Vince Carter as a Hall of Famer. Greatest dunker of all time helps

20. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Yao Ming for sure. The HOF considers basketball played at all the different levels, of which international ball is one of them and Yao Ming was probably the most iconic player of all time on the international basketball scene. He probably almost single-handedly made basketball popular in China, and an argument could be made for the rest of Asia as well. He was seen as a national icon, Olympic flagbearer, etc. And hey you know what, he was quite the baller for our Rockets as well! Averaged 20+ points, 9+ rebounds per game, one of the top 2 centres of his era, and arguably the best centre in the NBA for a few years between Shaq's prime and the emergence of Dwight.

Surely a lock for HOF?