1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to split the GARM clutch?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by jtr, Mar 29, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you tried to argue against facts by saying your girlfriend is from kentucky

unless your girlfriend was Leslie Alexander in the year 2000, then you are wrong.

How are you going to be an arrogant ass poster and want more people loving your posts, when you can't even get this simple fact right?

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I honestly do not have a clue as to what that post means. The GF remark was an aside comment from this conversation. You did not answer my question. Are you somehow someway a bigger fan than I?

3. tinman

Supporting Member

You are trying to deflect that you never knew the rockets had plans to move if the city didn't have an arena deal.

You can split the GARM
    Into two alright

One for people who know about the rockets
    And one for people who know about the rockets because they know someone in Kentucky

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I moved to Houston 39 years ago. I saw my first Rockets game the following year. Probably well before most people on CF were born. I have probably witnessed in person 160 Rockets games. More so than most here by far. I realize you are inebriated. You never post such disjointed thoughts otherwise and I am good with that. More power to you. But you should step back and think about what you are posting. Is this something that you will wake up proud about tomorrow? And you still have not answered my question. Are you somehow someway a bigger fan than I?

5. tinman

Supporting Member

You posted your disbelief in the thread that got locked .

The Thread is still there.

Who the hell believes anything you say now? What long time fan didn't know that the rockets had a serious arena vote coming and it would determine if they would stay in town?

Every body is a better fan than you.

Your posts are just complaints that nobody likes your posts.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And I still do not believe it. You have never been to Louisville. I have. It is not an economically viable destination for a NBA franchise. There are not enough people there. There is not enough money there. It is southern Indiana sticks. Is it even one of the 100 largest metro areas in the US and Canada? Austin has a much bigger metro population than Louisville to give you some scale of the proportions. Like one million people bigger. They in many ways are similar cities however. If you had said that the Rockets might have moved to Vegas or Jacksonville or any of a dozen other places I might have believed it. There was no chance that the Rockets were moving to Louisville. Despite the chest beating and perceived self importance here. I will not fall for it. You are king of a very very small mole hill. Congratulations. And not a very knowledgeable king at that.

So you are saying that Louisville was a threat to capture a NBA franchise? Christ. That place is about like the Galleria area in Houston. It was never going to happen because NBA franchises do not move to minor cities in the sticks. Never going to happen. I really really do not understand what source you are drawing your information from. A crowd induced paranoia perhaps? Some induced sense of power fighting a non-existent threat? Whatever it is it has absolutely no basis in reality. Sorry.

#46 jtr, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  7. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Does it make you feel good to flaunt your "supposed" NBA knowledge over other people old man?

Let's get this straight. Your 30+ years of basketball watching doesn't make you more of a fan nor lend more credence to your opinions than any other poster on this board. Get off your high horse and accept that this is the internet.

1 person likes this.
  8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Ahh yes. The newbie. And the internet. And the insult. Nice. Predictable. And moronic. This is a discussion between two CF members and I do not know who invited you.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Go the garm and argue this topic.

Let me give you a hint, the guy who started this board, Clutch and Jeff who is also a commander in this army, were close to this situation and made a huge campaign to rally the city to save the rockets.

I know you didn't read those articles I posted. Those are articles were written by the creators. You can't gain any respect from Clutch if you deny his articles as false information .

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Whatever. I made a very very good living doing reality checks. You have not lived until you have told the CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation that she has just completely wasted $100M+. And in reality Louisville could never support a NBA franchise. If the franchise discussed moving there (and I am certainly not disputing that fact) then they were bluffing to gain a new arena. Nothing more. That move would certainly not be economically viable in any way. I was certainly not keeping up with the Rockets then as I do now. Anyway you are a great asset to CF. Take care.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm saying there were many articles written about this topic, which you have not read.

I'm also saying you obviously didn't follow the Rockets closely.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

deleted because I miss read the intention of tinman's post.

#52 jtr, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And I am in the business of questioning others staid views of reality. There may be many articles written about this topic. There have been many articles written about many topics on CF, most of which do not pass a simple sanity check. This is a BB. It has the lowest entry standards on the internet. Newbie? Just go up and start a thread about whatever crazy topic entered your head. The simple economics of Louisville dictate that it will never have a major league franchise in any sport. Even perhaps soccer. If there was a panic in Houston in 2000 about the Rockets moving to Louisville it certainly was unfounded. Quite probably media driven by the Rockets to gain a new arena. A simple economic analysis would have completely discredited that idea.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

You obviously weren't a rockets fan during that era.

Rockets2k, an admin, even told you that it was very real.

This topic was well documented.

You are showing why nobody likes your threads. You refuse to provide real facts.

You think Clutch would ever split the garm when you don't believe what he writes ?

Sorry trix are for kids

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Jtr
    Your obvious reasoning for this thread is to complain that nobody likes your threads

Never mind the Louisville topic which you know nothing about

It's that your posts have no heart. When you read someone's post like clutch or bima or dd, you can feel the heart that Rudy t was speaking about.

Until you show heart, nobody will click on your thread

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tinman talking about someone making sh!tty threads...oh the irony.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

do you brehs even bench doe?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

They gave Isaiah Canaan Scotty brooks old number.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh the irony of tinman telling someone they have no heart.

Yes, Tinman, you got heart - a lot of it. But you're more of the scarecrow in that regard. Brains is what you need sometime. So JTR is the real Tinman. Tinman and the Scarecrow. Now all you need is a cowardly Lion and a young girl with a tiny little dog and you're ready to go see Daryl Morey the Wizard to knock of sense into you two.

Tinman wants to split the fans. JTR wants to split the forum. Both of you are crazy.

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Only solution? Ban both.

1 person likes this.