1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/8/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Exel

Exel Member

Only if Portland loses tomorrow.

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

It is the losses that matter and we own the tie breaker.

3. Clarinetmonster

I can see this is going nowhere fast - congrats on being the very first on my ignore list - You Win!!!!

4. Exel

Exel Member

Umm, ok. Portland can finish with 28 losses. If Houston wins tomorrow and loses the rest if the games, we would finish with 29 losses. Does that make sense to you?

5. davidio840

Aww I am so sad!! I will never ever get over being ignored by a troll!! :rolleyes:

6. davidio840

So you actually believe we will lose the rest of our games? We won't. Why even bother with that garbage. We have the 4th seed. Deal with it jackass.

7. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Comments like this.... Smh.

I remember the Scott Machado talks....

I like both canaan and lin and hope they both stay in the nba for long. It's just comments like these makes me .... Wtf!

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Lakers... Bahahahaha.

9. Exel

Exel Member

:rolleyes: Oh man, you can't be that dense? Someone asked if we clinch the fourth seed tomorrow, if we win against Denver. The answer is we do only if Portland loses. And I explained how Portland can still get the fourth seed.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

other poster is wrong. LIN will be out of nba after his contract is up next year
    LIN Is trash just like dmo parsons harden McHale the Astros papa johns. uberx
    24 hour fitness on Richmond McHale in and out burger bugle boy jeans
    if LIN didn't miss those shots we could have had 150
    what's his problem

11. torocan

torocan Member

That was entertaining to watch.

The knee jerk in the thread during the 1st half was hilarious. The Lakers are a glorified D-team right now. I kind of figured the Rockets would come out coasting.

I figure McHale tore them a new one at half time, and to humor him they came out and put the game away. 49 points in a quarter, 115 by the end of the 3rd. 145 points to win is Just nuts.

And I'm okay with our guys not killing themselves playing defense as long as they had the game put away by the end of the 3rd. I honestly don't expect them to go too crazy this close to the play offs, especially against a terrible team like the Lakers. Young teams are notorious for not maintaining focus against teams they know are trash, the difference is that unlike early in the season they're making sure to put the game away.

As long as they came out of half time and took care of business I'm willing to chalk it up to screwing around. I think they all know that all they want is to avoid injury and get the deep bench players time on the court. They've pretty much got the 4th seed locked up and they know it.

Definitely not their finest performance, but how much can you really complain when they set a season record 145 points on the Lakers... in LA. On national television.

Glorified exhibition game. :)

12. davidio840

We clinch the 4th seed with a win tomorrow dude. You can't be that stupid with your linning the Harden way can you? :rolleyes:

13. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Still upset over something he did last year? Dude had a hand in us playing well. His absence may or may not be a net neutral, but you want consistency heading into the playoffs. Objectivity, friend.

14. Exel

Exel Member

Ok, after seeing your exchange with Clarinetmonster, you must be trolling me right? Seriously, tell me please that you're trolling and aren't serious about this?

15. reliableman

reliableman Member

You have to be drunk. Have another one and go to bed. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  16. WestendMassive

Adande always finds a way to stick the boot in. F that guy.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets can't be cool with letting this Laker lineup score 130, including 90 through 3Q.</p>&mdash; J.A. Adande (@jadande) <a href="https://twitter.com/jadande/statuses/453762113236762626">April 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. The Jabberwock

No he's not (In general).

He makes more assists (per minute)
    than any front court player (C/PF/SF)
    except Parsons.

Actually, Omri's number of assists per 36 minutes
    not only exceeds that of TJ, D-Mo, Ham, Garcia & DH12 -
    It's higher than Canaan's!... :eek:

If you take his role into account
    (Catch-n-shooter off the bench)
    I'd say he even has a tendency to over-pass! :grin:

18. davidio840

Of course dude. I know it's not mathematically impossible to lose the 4th seed but you have a better chance of winning the lottery than us losing out while Portland wins out. And clarinetmonster is a compete troll btw. He's almost as bad as that honeybager dip****.

19. ManOnfire

ManOnfire Member

How about focusing on the fact that the lakers gave up 145 pts. What a clueless d-bag.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's just trying to find a silver lining for his Washington Generals.