1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/4/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 3, 2014.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Howard wouldn't have made a difference anyway. He hasn't come close to making a difference against the Thunder. For some reason I felt better about Rox going into last week's game against the Clippers than I do going into tonight's game. Partly because Durant is only behind Lebron in being able to beat a team all by himself. Have no real expectations for the Rox to win tonight, especially the way they have been playing. Harden will have to have a game like he did last year scoring 46 for Rox to have a chance. Would be disappointing going 0-8 against OKC and LAC.

2. Yellow

Yellow Member

Joe Crawford is actually not that bad when it comes to Houston home games, as far as I can recall. Everybody better step up, Asik is actually a better option than Dwight against OKC.

3. torocan

torocan Member

Joe Crawford and co? Really?

Great... we're screwed.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I have to say that is very clever.............:eek:

5. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

This game loses half of its excitements when both Beverley and Westbrook are on the bench

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Joey Crawford reffing + no Bev or Dwight

We're so screwed.

[​IMG]

7. bmd

bmd Member

8. amak316

amak316 Member

The Rockets will win because the rig will be on from the refs. I mean we are on a 3 game losing streak, 0-3 vs the thunder so far this year, without our second best player, and we're somehow still 2.5pt favorites? I bet we'll just get every single call tonight.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Didn't Joey Crawford ref last night's Spurs vs Thunder game?

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN announcers tonight--
    Den/Mem (7 ET): Mark Jones, Jon Barry
    Okc/Hou (930): Mike Tirico, Jeff Van Gundy, Lisa Salters</p>&mdash; NBA Guru (@NBAGuru) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAGuru/statuses/452139935261536256">April 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. yummyhawtsauce

this is terrific news, JVG is the best commentator in all of sports

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Excellent. Thank the Lord we don't have Jon Barry for our game!

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

A guy like Greg Smith at full strength is a perfect counter to Ibaka and all the physical PFs the Rockets have faced. This guy has yet to play a significant game and been injured all this season. Imagine the net loss games alone just from not having Greg Smith available this season. He's the perfect bulk at 6'8.5 along with huge hands that definitely alters shots visually and physcially. He has the leverage to defend like a Chuck Hayes.

14. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Oh man. I don't think there's any way we win this game.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Morey needs to look elsewhere next season. Greg Smith is very young with little mileage on those legs. For him to be this injury prone at this stage of his career is not a good sign.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Hard to be optimistic about this one after those last two games. If the Rockets play hard, the have a chance to win. Problem is, they haven't played hard the last 2 1/2 games.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The whole Greg Smith thing makes me sad. Feel bad for him.

18. Play07

Play07 Member

Small ball – this is the key to this game, we have to pull ibaka out the paint, this will make it easier for harden, parson, lin to drive… if not we will have to hope for an elite 3 point shooting night & play good defense.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

What exactly happened to Greg Smith after his knee exploded? Microfracture?

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think there was a meniscus tear and possibly some ligament damage. It just sucks to think that a (seemingly) good kid w/ promise will probably be out of the league after this season for reasons he can't control.