1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here comes our signature late season collapse...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Mar 13, 2013.

1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Looks like Morey made one move too many.

Sending PPat away hurts Rox. Not saying he is a rebounding beast, but 2Pat obvioulsy is a better player offensively than DMo (at least for now) and he has a way better 3pt shooter. Sometimes he could play a little D in the box, not like DMo who is completely useless defensively.

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Although I don't feel Patterson was the answer, I'm starting to feel it was a mistake to to trade him. Dmo and Trob are not ready to give us anything consistently. I was fine with them trading Morris and predicted he would be gone. Dmo should be backing up Ppat at this point.

1 person likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the 14th pick is too appealing. Only reason.

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

An honest bump tbh.

Toronto isn't a team to be taken lightly and no Bev/Howard leads to little anchorage in my predictions for the next couple of games. The usual competition we beat down on can go off on us. Lets just hope that it isn't the signature collapse.

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You just have to bump this don't you?

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The CHI game is what had me tripping.

Rockets are still in good position to maintain the 4th seed.

Stay tuned

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I take it you didn't read my post. With the injuries don't you think its more than possible?

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

So the good news is that Portland will always need one more game to gain HCA over us because we own the tiebreaker. With the injuries though, I can see it happening tbh. The end of season memory from 09' still haunts me. 2nd seed locked up and then...

9. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I did read your post.

But I don't think it's possible.

If we win half of the remaining games we will still be in the playoffs and probably still have the fourth seed.

Smile, laugh, and enjoy the game.

We'll be fine --- a pessimistic thread is not needed on a time like this.

;p

10. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Honestly I can't remember the last time we won AT Toronto. Even when they were crappy they always beat us in Toronto. Now they're actually good and it's the 2nd night of a back-to-back for us. Proceed with caution...

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Clutchfans proving to be ridiculous after a loss yet again

12. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

How many teams would not feel an effect losing their starting PG and Center? I wouldn't consider this a "signature." This team would not struggle like this fully healthy. Lame bump.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I've been saying since Saturday that the Rockets and Blazers' respective schedules scared the crap out of me. Portland is playing great ball right when they need to while the Rockets have been bit by the injury bug at the worst possible time.

For those of you who keep rooting for Portland to win their games so they don't fall out of the 5th spot, you better start considering the possibility they actually move UP into the 4th seed if the Rockets don't get at least some of their players healthy quickly.

If we lose tomorrow night in Toronto and then drop Friday night's home game against the Thunder(and the odds are pretty good that we lose both), and if Portland wins tonight at the Lakers and at home Friday against the Suns(and the odds are pretty good that they win both), the Rockets will be 49-26 and the Blazers will be 49-27. That's a mere ONE GAME LEAD including the tiebreaker with games still left at Denver(on a B2B), at home against San Antonio, and at New Orleans.

14. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

We just came off a 5 game winning streak and lost the past 2 games to good teams without our starting center, power forward(only one game but still), and P
    point Guard

We are fine

15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Bingo. Someone else that isn't being short sighted. Its a realistic possibility.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wait for it
    March 16, 2007

But Toronto hasn't won in Houston since February 28, 2007.

17. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Chicken, stop the pessimistic thoughts.

Relax...breath...we'll be fine.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Tomorrow and the next game vs. OKC are going to be tough.

The Toronto game tomorrow is a big one.

However after the OKC game they have a very favorable schedule where they should be favored to win 6 out of 7.

if they can pull 5 of the next 9 games out they should be in good shape, and might even hold onto that 4 seed.

-Also maybe they get lucky and the SAS game Pop rests his main guys.

I think the Rockets, if healthy, should finish the season on a much more positive note that the past few years because in years prior, they were fighting for their playoff lives against teams that were fighting with them for those spots in key games. If the Rockets collapse with the schedule they have, and can't win at least 4 or 5 games, they don't really even need to be in the playoffs to begin with.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't intend my posts to imply that the Rockets are playing like crap. They just dropped games to the Clippers and Nets who have two of the best records in the league(along with us incidentally) since the new year and they did it short-handed. I'm not panicking about the Rockets not playing well.

What worries me is the undeniable reality that home court in Round 1 is anything but a certainty right now. Our remaining schedule isn't horrible, but it's also not a cakewalk. The magic number remains at 6 and it's not gonna be easy reaching that given how light Portland's schedule is the rest of the way.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

^Thats the problem with being such an emotionally invested sports fan, but this time its actually reason that is telling me that the rockets could very well be in trouble.