1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley has a torn meniscus (UPDATE: Will not require surgery, expected to return)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by loveofthegame44, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

But even among NBA stars, there seems to be little consensus. As a freshman at Oklahoma, Blake Griffin – one of the most athletic players in the league — had his torn right meniscus trimmed and actually played just six days later.

Four years later, Griffin tore a portion of his left meniscus in July 2012 while preparing for the Olympics. Griffin’s meniscus was again trimmed rather than repaired, and he returned quickly and has shown no ill effects since.

“It’s different for every athlete, but it’s something we’re learning more and more about,” said Carroll. “Everyone has to measure the consequences and make an informed decision.”

2. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Get well soon Bev!

McHale must be squirming right now.

Hope Canaan and the second unit can step up.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Don't want to pile on, but this is disastrous. He's a starter, and Lin can't duplicate what Feisty brings to the starting lineup. Even worse, fourth seed isn't locked up, and sliding to 6th could see the Rockets playing one of the big three in the first round.

:(

4. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

ok... if we lost harden maybe i could see us slipping to 6th.. but come on now.. we are 5 up in the lost column on the warriors and the blazers.. and we both own the tie breaker for either.. im not worried about that! im just worried on how we look to finish the season without beverly and the clippers game, and OKC game are gonna give us a better look on how we would look against them without beverly.. at least cannan gets some playing time

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Things happen. Players get injured. While devastating, this doesn't destroy our season. I'm guessing Lin will start to play 35mpg and Canaan plays 13 as backup. We are probably still going to be a 4 seed and likely lose in the 2nd round.

Here's hoping Canaan grows up REALLY fast.

6. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Wow. Some of you guys really have no faith in the team. While losing Bev sucks like crazy, this ain't the end of the season. We still have Howard, Parsons, Lin, and I don't know.... James freaking Harden. This team won't fall apart because Bev got hurt. Does it hurt us? Sure. But that just means it's time for everyone else to step up and show us what they are made of.

I love how so many people are saying well Lin needs to step up now that Bev went down. But come on. The Rockets are a TEAM. When u play a man down, everyone needs to up their game. Not just Jeremy. And I for one think they will.

Anyways, I just hopes Bev recovers fully. We will really need him in the later rounds of the playoffs, but if he needs the time. I hope he takes it. I wouldn't want him to jeopardize his career because he tried to rush back to early.

1 person likes this.
  7. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

An oasis of reason in a desert of chicken littles.

8. Apollo-D12

Apollo-D12 Member

Hey! Whats this lyin around ****!!!. Over? Nothings over until we decide it is! Was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor? Hell no! And it aint over now! Wheres the clutchfans i use to know? Wheres the spirit, the guts! Oh pat bev might be out, were afraid to go on without you bluto. Well you can just kiss my ass from now on! Well im not gonna take this! Not me! Westbrook? Hes a deadman! Lillard? Deadman. Parker? A dead man!! Come playoffs lets doooo it!!!!

9. ish1973

ish1973 Member

Maybe this team will slide to 8th seed or missing the playoff. You think PB is such important? The schedule ahead is not easy, to win 6 out of 11 is still not that hard.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Adversity ...

everyone will have to step up. Let's see how much the team has grown.

11. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Totally agree. This is bad but no disaster. Harden out=disaster.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

LOFs rejoice?

As far as Bev is concerned, he needs to temper his reckless style of play. He's had multiple injuries this season and if he doesn't modify the way he plays, he won't last long in this league. I know this injury wasn't the result of that, but he's also getting a rep as a dirty player as well.

Also, see my sig. When you get a chance to acquire a player like Rondo, you do it.

13. gene18

gene18 Rookie

He had much better support from the fans when he was in New York.

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Germans bombed Perl Harbor?

15. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Lin was injured.

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Who gives a **** about his reputation? It is media driven to try and make him lighten up on the stars they want to promote.

17. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Take a look at Synergy's PPP data on defense and offense. You might be surprised.

18. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

I disagree with what you said. My eye balls say that lin brings alot more to the table than beverley at this point. Beverley is a decent bench player but not starter material.
    I think the bench will miss lin

19. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

You are lying about shooting. Lin is just as good as bev at shoiting. Lin penetrates better passes better. And lin makes the little plays lije tipping pasees and getting loose balls
    I think lin>bev at this point. Lin has shown that he can defend top guards not named paul

20. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

Passing is very important in this league. If you cant shoot pass or dribble what is the point of basketball?