1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joel Embiid. Would you take him over Wiggins and Parker?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by donatas, Nov 25, 2013.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm with you both!

The only thing Oden had going for him was his mobility. No real touch, so not going to be more than a 'hustle man' at NBA level.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think Embiid could become another Oden by just bulking up. So, yeah, i think he's a better prospect.

3. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Just thinking if the Bucks were able to get this kid, move Sanders to the 4 with Giannis at the 3...pretty long team.

4. omgTHEpotential

That's a defensive juggernaut team right there. Although they would have literally 0 offense for some years until Giannis/Embiid get more polished.

5. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Hope a few years from now, people won't be saying the same thing about Embiid over Parker or Wiggins. LOL.

6. Ron_E

Ron_E Member

no way after greg oden and thabeet mess. i'd take parker hes a proven scorer.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Joel Embiid "strongly" considers staying

Kansas 7-footer Joel Embiid told ESPN that he is far from a lock to leave college after this season, and is "strongly considering" returning for his sophomore campaign.

The Cameroon native said prior to Tuesday's win at Baylor that he didn't feel as though he was ready to make the jump to the NBA, but added after the game that it will depend largely on his development over the remainder of the season.

Embiid struggled in the 69-52 victory over the Bears, going 1-for-6 from the field and finishing with five points and seven rebounds.

However, Embiid -- who has only been playing organized basketball for three years -- has quickly become a lock to be taken in the top three picks in June's NBA Draft if he opts to leave college. Many NBA executives told ESPN.com that he is the frontrunner to be selected first.

Embiid entered the game averaging 11.2 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.7 blocks per game. He told ESPN.com that he has been shocked by his impact thus far this season, even saying that even thought about redshirting prior to the year.

"I'm not even thinking about it right now," Embiid said. "I'll make a decision after the season, but I'm definitely considering coming back to school."

"He's a bright young man and he's going to weigh his options," Kansas coach Bill Self said. "He's considering coming back and he's obviously also considering leaving. He can't make a bad decision."​

8. FeaR

FeaR Member

It will be funny if Embiid(KU) and Parker(Duke) stay ... and don't enter the draft ... all this tanking would have been futile(there are of course so many great prospects but ...)

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Indeed it would be funny, but nobody will be laughing. Right now, talk is cheap. He's saying what he should be saying during the course of the season and focusing on the task at hand.

But after these guys play their last game in the NCAA tournament next month, cool down for a day or two and reality weighs in, it's most likely bye bye.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He was entirely unimpressive last night vs. Baylor.

11. FeaR

FeaR Member

Unfortunately,You are right ... Money> education+basketball development.

12. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

As I've said before, he should stay.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Honestly, why should he stay? If he indeed gets drafted and makes 3-5 million and even doesnt make anything out of himself there after, He is already (if he doesnt blow all his money) in a better position than most college grads who will end up making 40-70 thousand a year if they're lucky. The risk of not leaving for the draft is greater than him staying, getting injured, graduating, etc.

14. Willard Decker

I agree and recall Kevin Durant making similar statements during his lone season at Texas. I'm sure there are numerous things about the college experience that Embiid and Parker like (as did anyone here who attended college), but neither is facing the decision of whether to stay to leave yet. That will come once the season is over.

It amazes me how much time the media spends analyzing the statements of eighteen- and nineteen-year-old young men. It's as though they've forgotten that most people in that age group have trouble deciding what to wear, let alone where they want to play basketball. I'm sure Embiid will change his mind several times before finally making a decision, so it's pointless to write articles like this when there's roughly two months of basketball still to be played.

--Captain Decker

1 person likes this.
  15. FeaR

FeaR Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Amazing night for the seniors...Can't wait to be a senior Too bad I didn't play but they took care of business <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WeAllFromAfrica&amp;src=hash">#WeAllFromAfrica</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23kubball&amp;src=hash">#kubball</a></p>&mdash; Joel-Hans Embiid (@jojo_embiid) <a href="https://twitter.com/jojo_embiid/statuses/441606942826307584">March 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Embiid has been suffering from back spasms throughout the years, has had some issues with sprained knee.

Now a stress fracture in his back. Red flags have to be going up at this point.

1 person likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think this raises the chance of him declaring for the draft. Top 3 pick and will get paid good money, if his back issues continue or get worse during an additional college year he's f...ed.

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Tremendous athlete but gets pushed around easily. Needs another year at Kansas.

Staying at Kansas would help push Myles Turner to Texas too...

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Yahoo Sources: Kansas freshman Joel Embiid -- a possible No. 1 overall pick -- will enter the NBA Draft. <a href="http://t.co/YKDz8fUuXV" title="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kansas-center-joel-embiid-to-enter-nba-draft-070907289.html">yhoo.it/1o3FexZ</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/449142480026365952" data-datetime="2014-03-27T11:14:46+00:00">March 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>