1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans 2014 offseason to-do list

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Oct 20, 2013.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm a big fan of Oliver Luck...but they'd likely have to beat UT to the punch as he's (presumably) the leading candidate to replace DeLoss Dodds.

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Is it time to start a trade deadline thread?

I'd like to see how a Garrett Graham trade to Green Bay fares.
    Garrett is entering free agency and will likely get a starting spot elsewhere and likely more money than the Texans can offer. Is it time to get a 3-4 rd pick.
    Wisconsin native?, Wisconsin alum.

Obviously some cuts could happen in the offseason. Schaub, Daniels, Reed, Joseph, Manning are going to have to be strongly considered. That could make the money happen.

Wade Smith and Antonio Smith are gone in free agency

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Now that was funny, lmao. I think jimmy may be far less expensive and much more productive.

4. Poloshirtbandit

Assuming Keenum plays well the rest of the year, I still think you draft a QB and let him sit a year unless there's a franchise type of player at another position available. If Keenum plays well next season, trade the drafted QB for draft picks or a player of need.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I wonder what Keenum's contract situation is like. Don't think the NFL didn't take notice Sunday. If the Texans don't manage him well, he may bolt at first opportunity. There are several teams that are looking for a spark at QB. Imagine him coming off the practice squad to play last Sunday (if that is possible). He wouldn't be here today.

6. hendrixfan007

hendrixfan007 Member

Hell no

you mean just Schaub?

1 person likes this.
  7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Did you guys hear the Rams reportedly reached out the Favre? Man, if he's healthy, I'd offer them Schaub for practically nothing and see if they'd bite. Salary aside (which I don't know the ram(wink)ification of), I bet they'd bite. They very obviously fancy themselves contenders this year if they contacted Favre.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That's an idea so crazy it just might work.

If you can get *anything* for Schaub, do it.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was going to get off a HILARIOUS line about Schaub already having thrown a TD pass for the rams, but then I remembered it was Yates, not Schaub.

:(

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think going into next season we should have 2 potential QBs of the future

Some Tackles of the future would be nice too

Rocket River

12. MystikArkitect

Kubiak isn't going anywhere...less we go 2-14 or 4-12. It's getting painfully obvious to me that Bob Mcnair isn't an owner who cares about winning in this league. He's the type to hire "his guys" even though it's bad for this particular line of business. Does anyone here really expect him to go and chase a Pete Carroll/Jim Harbaugh/Mike Tomlin style of young, shoots from the hip type of trendy coach? No...we're gonna get Dom Capers or Gary Kubiak v2.0. Mcnair is determined to make this type of nice guy coach work.

The only way this team, with Mcnair as an owner, wins a Superbowl is if we luck into a QB that turns into Brees, Manning or Brady (Mariota, Manziel, Keenum, Boyd). One that makes bad coaches look average, and average coaches look great (Manning/Dungy). So here's to hoping Keenum has something in him, or we draft a stud at the top of the 1st round next year. If neither happens then lets find a nice place to live in Mediocrityville, Texans fans. We're gonna be here a while.

13. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

What if I was to tell you the Astros would win a championship before the Texans?

14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Care to change your stance?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why? Things do change in a hurry in the NFL, with the right moves in the draft the Texans could win their weak division.

16. ubigred

So you think the Texans will beat the Colts? Jags?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's too early to say for sure because we don't even know what any of those teams will look like, but it could happen, sure. Give the Texans a second dominant pass rusher last year so that they could get pressure on the QB without blitzing and keep Foster and Cushing healthy and they probably make the playoffs last year. The AFC South is really weak, it wouldn't take much.

18. ubigred

I like your optimism bud.

Hey , I have a job for you . It will take five years to complete ,but I'll pay you $66.15 million. Deal?

Sigh...

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd change my stance if that was my stance, lulz.

But it's true, coaching changes can have guys like Reed and Mercilus playing at a new level. It can help Joseph and Jackson play more consistently. Guys can improve all across the board in modified roles. Maybe Graham and Posey or Hopkins turn into major studs in a new scheme. We saw it happen when Phillips arrived. So there's some hope.

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I was wondering where you have been Eeyore!