1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Neped

Neped Member

It's because of his turnovers and timid ness .

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

how Jeremy got his groove back

3. Penetrate&Creat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apparently Lin hurt his ankle in a collision against David Lee on Feb. 20? Didn't know this.

Stolen from RealGM btw:p

4. Doktor Mndbndr

Well, I'll be moving on to the "Jeremy is Lebron" thread now. Bye y'all.

5. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Member

Have you ever competed athletically with an injury? In pressure situation, physical problem can cause distraction and lose of focus. It can affect many many things psychologically, especially if one was already in a slump. Some people just play with injury better than the others. I don't know how much experience Lin has at playing with injury but I do believe body can affect the mind just like mind can affect the body.

By the way, it's just one game, in a non-pressurized situation, who knows if he will suck again next game. Too early to say if he is out of the funk or not.

6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Great to see Jlin back to his old self again. If he keeps this up, the league won't be ready"

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Linsanity is back!

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Very happy Lin had a good game, hope it's a sign of things to come. He is crucial to our success!

9. Dei

Dei Member

I still have an issue with that. In common law, there's a concept of diligence due from an average person in the performance of an obligation i.e. a person has to do an obligation on a certain level of performance. Likewise, Lin is a basketball player and basketball players get injuries they're expected to play through. Just because he can't cope with an injury an average player would've coped with is not an excuse. That said, I don't know how grave his injury is but I can't fathom the type of injury that debilitating to have induced the hideous level of play already described that we saw from him the past few weeks.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he's consistent

11. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

That Jeremy Lin step-back jumper looked EXACTLY like James Harden's game winner in New Orleans.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qge70eEDP6o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSGcFbQSYyc

This is one of VERY few "Linsanity" type plays Lin has had with the Rockets.... A classic Lin creating his own midrange shot, which is his game....

The only difference here was in contrast to Harden's shot, Lin's shot was with the game already decided.... The big question is would the coaches have given Lin such freedom had the game still been close?

12. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Here's to Lin playing well from here on out. When Lin is confident and has the freedom to create, he's one hell of a player. With all these reports about ankle and back problems, I can see why Lin has been making so many amateur mistakes - injuries can easily lead to being a second slow or second guessing what you want to do...and in the NBA a split second is the difference between a dunk and a turnover. Whether they were physical issues or mental issues causing him to be hesitant and passive, I hope Lin is finding his groove again.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

good game jeremy

14. tinman

Supporting Member

This is progress but I want to see his play when the pressure is higher, it was no pressure since it was a blowout.

But great to see him play well

15. Dementium

Dementium Member

He did well earlier in the season with plenty of clutch shots in the fourth quarter.

I think its clear he was playing injured.

16. Razsan

Razsan Member

Oddly as bad as his defense is supposed to be, his man never seems to score many points..

17. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Definitely tempering my expectations. He was playing with a 25+ pt cushion.

18. Razsan

Razsan Member

I'll save any specifics for the game thread, but other than Asik's free throws, the whole team seemed dialed in. A LOT of open looks.

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Really Tinman it's easy to see there is more hop in his game and he says it's the best he has felt. Can't we take the man at his word. he's not doing a Scottie Pippen or TMac on us. I say this to you because you are one of the only criticizers I respect. You represent the loyal Rockets of time past on here.

Lin has been nothing but loyal and apparently has kept silent about his injuries and tried to play through them. Shouldn't he get a little credit for that. Not saying he doesn't have flaws even 100% but he has helped the team in the past when healthy and if he stays healthy he will help us moving forward.

No one's taking on Lin's contract this summer unless he plays way better than he did last night going forward. So he is a Rocket for another year. Will you give him a fair shake in the history of the Rockets then.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin would NEVER pull a Pippen or Tmac, ever.

He HAS to produce in the playoffs, he gets paid way too much money not too.

To me, the test will be the playoffs. His chance to be a "Ginobli"