1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Humbly asking for your help.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

That really is a great idea, but I don't have a clue what tweeting is all about. :(

2. JD88

JD88 Member

For sure, Dwight could meet your goal with a donation of one game's pay.

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

I am sure many people on Clutchfans here have twitters, and could help you out. I don't have one, unfortunately.

Exactly: lot to gain, nothing to lose.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Donation sent for a fellow Feb. 2002er. Best of luck to you and your family.

5. HookemHorns1250

Completely agree about the twitter idea. It's certainly worth a shot and it's worth the cost.

This truly shows why clutchfans is the best community around. Keep this thread up to the top.

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

Guess to ask, anybody willing to help start this with a twitter? It would probably be best if a lot of people helped out with retweets. I wish I could, but I do not have a twitter account.

7. Falcons Talon

That would be amazing if you could pull that off. Honest to God, I am so grateful for all the help we have already received. If you only knew how much you all are helping. ..

8. Falcons Talon

I wanted to let you guys know that I found a gps monitoring locking watch that I will be ordering. Since mom is beginning to wander, my dad needs to keep track of her. It really seems like a good device, and if she wanders outside a custom set range, and alarm will go off and go into tracking mode. The watch pings the cell towers and using any smartphone, she can be tracked to where she is.

My father is also looking into the advice about the VA benefits. I asked him what he needed for mom, and he said he really needs a home health caregiver. My sister is looking into that, but she said that it can but upwards of $100 dollars a day. I told him about your donations, I gave him the money that you guys donated and he took it with a tear in his eyes. He was so grateful, and I told him that you guys did that. He was speechless, gave me a hug, and simply said thank you.

Thanks again for all you advice, prayers, well wishes, and continued generosity.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

For a while, we used a company named Comfort Keepers. They would come out for X hours a day (3 hour minimum) as many days a week as you want. This was while my mom could still live by herself (within reason). They would cook meals, clean house, get mom dressed and cleaned if needed and even run errands such as grocery shop or take mom to the beauty shop. It seems they were $25/hour, but I am not at my house right now so I can't check to make sure. There are no contracts to sign and their days and times can be adjusted. They generally try and assign one person so there is continuity. We had good success with one of the ladies and adequate success with a couple of others that would come by.

I think I remember you posting that you were in South Texas? Not are what their reach is, but I suspect there are similar companies.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Services like this can be facilitated and supplemented through many of the state programs in the link I posted previously.

11. Falcons Talon

Thank you Bobrek and Rashmon. Bobrek, i will look for that name locally. Rashmon, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to look at your link yesterday, but I'm very glad you reposted it. I will study it and get the info to Dad. I am just swamped at work and with helping out dad.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Just sent a donation. Please keep us posted if there is anything you guys need. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I also think that going through Social Media and somehow contacting the Rockets might not be a bad idea. Being a Rockets fan (and an RGV fan), they might help with setting you up with something.

13. Falcons Talon

Thank you Fyreball. I am going to look into twitter if i ge.t a chance

14. jbasket

jbasket Member

Nobody volunteering to try the twitter thing?

Well, looks like my contribution was worthless :(

15. Falcons Talon

I think it's a great idea. Not worthless at all. I'm going to try to sign up tonight. Nothing i wouldn't do for my dad and mom. Thanks for the idea!

#55 Falcons Talon, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  16. jbasket

jbasket Member

No problem at all. It would be best if many CF members can help spread it around with retweets to gain steam. Maybe Clutch himself could throw a lending hand! :)

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

18. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

donation sent. Best of luck to you and your family.

19. Falcons Talon

Thank you you so much for bump and donation.

20. Falcons Talon

I gave my dad second amount of donations that came in. He is in shock. It is a God send, because my dad said mom required a new prescription that costs over $300 for 3 month supply. You all are the best.