1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/26/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also last post...T.Jones has been a problem. Dude was almost solely responsible for a 8 point run by the Clippers. He needs to step up and quick. He's been flat out terrible recently. Loafing around the court and what not...

2. New

Lin does not play exciting games, even in his time during linsanity... If you watched his whole game during Linsanity, you will realize that he is boring.
    He is never the aggressive player we imagine him to be... Unlike Harden, he is not good at iso and relies on his teammates to win.

3. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

The reason could be simple.

He is physically hurting.

He is mentally frustrated.

He knows he is a goner after next season. Would you play aggressively and risk injuries?

Just my speculation.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Can you read? Where did I say I'm tired of you? I'm calling you out for acting like a little girl over something that's not major.

Point me to a rule that says opposing fans aren't allowed to discuss the Rockets on this message board.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

That's not a good excuse. If you know you're a goner you would at least try to play good for other teams who may need a point guard which isn't a lot of teams anyway.

Or he could play good to earn the trust of the team he is already playing for.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Understood... no worries. :)

7. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

How many points would you say the starters' 16 turnovers had cost us? Starting with Harden's 6, Beverley's 4 and Howard's 3.

Our bench with Lin leading actually have outscored the Clippers' 36-32. The entire bench only had 4 TOs. Lin had only two.

Everything else is about even between the two teams tonight except for the 20 TOs that had cost us the game, and the starters had contributed 16 of them.

If you have to nitpick Lin on his scoring tonight, were Harden's 6/16 and 1/6, and Parsons' 3/13 and 1/6 any better? How many points have these 20 missed shots cost us?

The Clippers had 12 steals and 8 blocks on the Rox. How many of these were on Lin in the 18 minutes he played?

You are blowing things out of proportion. Most Rox fans know well what really happened in tonght's game. They just don't want to participate in this non-sense name blaming game.

8. TheresTheDagger

And I'm calling you out for defending a fan of the CLIPPERS who talks trash about OUR PLAYERS after a bitter loss.

THIS IS A ROCKETS FAN SITE.

Who's side are you on man?

9. New

I am not used to the kind of language used here... None of my friends say dirty words or describe some one as crap, scrub, joke... It's an insult, no matter whether it is based on performance or not... BTW: 12 pts and 6 ast per 36 minutes is actually not bad... Although I do think we do not need Lin...

10. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

Lets face it Lin needs to go back to playing 30 mins a game

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

No excuse. You gotta make that Lin

12. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

you are completely right. during linsanity, that is what he did using PnR to be an effective player but McHale does not understand that. oh well. :(

13. reliableman

reliableman Member

Hahahaha! No time for being funny--we're supposed to mad!

14. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

YES, Lin Haters! YOU GOTTA TO MAKE THAT, LIN!!! :grin:

15. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

a tough loss, we got chances, did not grasp it.

16. Clarinetmonster

Not only this, but Lin set up 2 or 3 more easy easy buckets that people botched - that was maddening (DMo and TJones I'm looking at you.)

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm actually not all that down about this particular loss. More concerned about the stretch ahead, I think. Would have been nice to have positive momentum going into it.

18. New

Answer me, when did Lin has his triple double again??? What is the last time he dropped more than 30 points when Harden is out?

We do not need him... The earlier we trade him, the better we will be. We will at least have a longer time to mesh the team with our new PG...

19. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

crazy how competitve the west is. in one night, we went from the 3rd seed, to the 5th seed.

i still have great concern over what we're going to do at PF, Terrence Jones is just too young and far from a sure thing.

20. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

tough loss, waiting for the next win.