1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon [Probationary Watching Edition]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

like....EWWWW

omg....kale chips contain...

O...me...gblah.....tres......fat..tieya....aci...d....eww

2. VanityHalfBlack

Looks like Fallon is in the late night lead with this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-YCeIgt7hMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Props given when props due. That was funny. Also, the barbershop quartet remix to ignition was good.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think he's just not your cup of tea, which doesn't mean he's not doing a good job or has a long way to go.

The hashtag skit with Hill is just short of a million views already. The Eww skit with Obama is almost at half a million.

Seems like a lot of people like his stuff, even though he's done it before.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Why would he mess with what works? Sure, there will be people who don't find it funny, but there hasn't been an artist or entertainer in the world that everyone loved. This show will be, hell, already is a success.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's a shame that it's not HIM doing that, someone else is editing it and it's on HIS show, only.

:eek: It doesn't show Jimmy's talent or his ability to host a show, just shows him as the "new gadget/gimmick discoverer" guy.

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

A lot of this skits are funny, and anything musical with him is always great - but he himself, isn't funny in my opinion. As I said, he's an entertainer, not a comedian.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

You do know that every talk show has a huge team of writers, yes?

Monologues, bits, anything you see on there outside of off-the-cuff, witty retorts have a much better chance of having come from the minds of the writers than the host.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/0bWfuENnxjI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/0bWfuENnxjI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

10. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I feel like the whole thing is one big promotion for SNL.

11. Major

Major Member

Well, it's certainly not Jay Leno.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0NO0rArJRR4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I've always liked him on Late Night. Good thing he took the Roots with him to The Tonight Show because it wouldn't be the same without them.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Fallon is not funny off the cuff like Craig Ferguson.

His show is mostly pre-scripted, but he executes it well enough

14. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

To be fair, anything Justin Timberlake touches is gold.

I agree, I do dig the Roots.

Until he breaks character.

I watched the episode, and he just continued the "aw shucks" moments which nearly made me gag. He was basically on Timberlake's jock the entire night.

Look, you're the king of late night now - start acting like it. Own it, have confidence and move on. I gave him a week, and was unimpressed with anything other than the pre-scripted stuff.

Oh, and the "Thank You Notes" gag was the worst bit I've seen on late night talk TV in some time.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Very entertaining stuff, good chemistry the both of them. That's 5outof5 they've managed to knock it out of the park, let's see if the streak continues.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

FWIW, Fallon's premiere night had better numbers than Conan's and Leno's (when he returned).

Late night with Meyers debuts tonight.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I can't imagine disagreeing with anyone on anything pop culture related that I do Svpernaut. I'm sure Jimmy Fallon is losing sleep until he impresses you though!

18. SwoLy-D

He or his writers wrote "Rapper's Delight"? :confused:

I didn't know.

Initially, someone on YouTube put together a bunch of news clips to make it seem like the person was singing. It wasn't original from Jimmy Fallon's writers and you know it. They stole that idea and made a good video of Brian Williams and his reporter doing Rapper's Delight. :eek:

Those types of videos have been around for years now: http://youtu.be/b_QkJgjXhdc .

19. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

I find your position on Fallon absurd. It's like you actually think any of the talk shows hosts write their own content.

Leno certainly was not the first to mock misprints or funny headlines. Letterman was not the first person to create a funny "Top 10" list.....in fact, you may want to sit down for this one, Dave does not write the Top 10 list, he just reads them.

If you don't like Fallon, fine. But expecting him to write, direct, and create the show is simply idiotic and is not how these productions operate.

20. SwoLy-D

Whoa. Relax, ChumpCity. I simply said that I wished we saw more original stuff posted instead of this copying. I have not in one of my posts stated I dislike Fallon. I like the guy, I know he's got talent. I just wished he wouldn't take other people's ideas. If anything, I disagree with what VanityHalfBlack said in regards of being in the lead because of some video.

:eek: Relax.