1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. arjun

arjun Member

eric gordon in new orleans...

who's heisenberg blue..hmm...bobcats colors?

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Just because your not giving up IT/. shaqemore/ 2 firsts doesn't give you the right to shoot our dreams down ;)

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

Screw that...they better be sending us a pick.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I think out of all the rumors surrounding interests in Rondo, he would only likely re-sign in Houston.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

In the end I will be right and anyone who believed this will be a fool

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'd do Millsap/Teague for Asik/Lin in a heartbeat, esp if we're not giving up anything else.

You have TJ and DMo to back up Millsap and Howard

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Beverley
    Gordon
    Harden
    Parsons/Jones
    Howard

Is a nice squad, wouldn't mind getting him for one or both of Lin and Asik.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He's talking about Meth...Some really strong meth...

As in, if you take Eric Gordon you must be high.

There is no riddle to any of that stuff.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Duke Blue Devils = Austin Rivers

seriously though... Doc Rockets tweets are fun but I wouldn't take them that serious.

However the Rockets have had interest in Eric Gordon before. I know Harden being here makes things a little tricky but I do know that Morey is a fan of his talent.... which I am as well.

Oh and Austin Rivers....pffftt.... no thank you. He's basically a poor mans Jeremy Lin... which isn't saying much (Sorry Jeremy).

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Jeff Teague is shooting 41.2% overall and 25.6% from downtown this season. Jeremy Lin is shooting 46.5% overall and 34% from downtown this season.

Yeah right.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Wow, didn't think of it that way. Now I say you do this all day, every day.

Sounds like Atlanta deal is a three way thing. Atlanta is not in the Midwest. No clue how any numbers involving the Gasol contract would work. He makes like 20 million I thought.

Yeah, I think he's saying that moving Eric Gordon is the hold up for other things happening, but that whoever is holding this up is smoking that meth amphetamine.

12. TheEarthBlues

TheEarthBlues Member

That's for sure.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

have you watched jeff teague play...hes not great but he has playoff experience thats something jeremy doesn't have...:rolleyes: you lin only fans are ridiculous...can't wait to get rid of you all

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Interesting Trade Deadline Week wrinkle: Hearing Pelicans poised to receive Disabled Player Exception in $4 mil range for Ryan Anderson</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/435847782075990017">February 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

is this the Blue?

15. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

maybe a 3 team deal with chicago(mid west city)..and the bulls get lin and the hawks get asik and dunleavy...we get teague and millsap..

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Who the hell said I was a Lin fan? I'm talking stats from the first 50+ games of the season(allowing for games missed). That's not something you just dismiss or look at in a vacuum. We need our guards to be able to knock down outside shots. Lin is streaky, but he's far more reliable than Teague.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Got this as a LOaFer response to my very simple mathematics routine I call subtraction of Offensive PER from Opponent PER:

"What I said was simply 16.2>14.4. I am not interested in what you wanted to say below."

Great material, right? I don't actually want to get rid of them. I want to educate them, watch them grow up into Houston Rockets fans, and get them thinking objectively about how to make the Rockets the best ever. They have the passion, but it's currently misguided. They'll come around.

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Rondo or nothing

19. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Midwest city is definitely Milwaukee, doc says can linsanity "Brew", Brew is capitalized and which MLB team plays in Milwaukee? The brewers. Then he talks about ilyasova whose contract is match for Lin's

1 person likes this.
  20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's a simple case of just looking at stats rather than watching games.

I have seen Teague ball and this guy can play and run a team from the PG position better than Lin. He may be having a down season but there are other factors that go into it when comparing Lin vs Teague

- Teague just lost his franchise player Horford so obviously defenses will tighten up on him.

- On the contrary, Lin Rockets 4th option on offense behind Dwight, James and Parsons and obviously opposition defenses will focus on the other 3 primarily while slacking off on Lin.

Shooting percentages are not the be all, end all. Lots of other things to consider when evaluating players