1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen expects Rockets to make a trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Such a Morey move to trade for a recent high draft pick that many think is a bust. I'm getting visions of Thomas Robinson.

Let's put it this way...if the Wiz are ready to cut ties with Porter, I don't want him. I'm gonna learn from Jordan Hill, the busted center we got from Memphis, TWill, and Thomas Robinson. Oh...and Johnny Flynn.

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Jordan Hill isn't a bust. He's actually one of the better rebounders in the league. True, we had a lot of draft busts because if they had played well we wouldn't have gotten them. None of them has panned out but remember we didn't give up a lot for them as well (except T-Will). If we can get Potter at a reasonable price, why not take a gamble?

3. FeaR

FeaR Member

From TRob trade, we took Papanikolaou - Todorovic and 2 second roung picks. We gave 2Pat(expiring) ... so it wasn't too bad.

You obviously mean that now the team must take players who can only contribute immediately , i partially agree with you.

4. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Where you at, King Drew?

I watched Rondo vs Dallas the other night. He looked fine offensively, but he's a long way from being 100% defensively. He was blown by time and time again by Calderon (among others).

I'd be a little surprised if Morey would give up Asik/Lin (AND TJ) for a Rondo package at this time.

What's the latest you're hearing?

5. Raven

Raven Member

Only eights days until the deadline, tick, tick, tick, tick.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I see no reason to pull a trigger this deadline. The team is pretty complete if Garcia returns to last year's form as the back-up wing. The chemistry seems terrific, they are beginning to gel as a unit, Asik will be very important in the play-offs, Dmo and Jones
    are becoming a two headed monster at the 4.

Sure we could use better wing defense and who couldn't use a dead-eye 3 point shooter or a stretch 4 shooter, but I wouldn't want to break this team up radically for 2014. I think they are just going to keep getting better and can weather the inevitable injuries with depth.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

No, i get it. i'm a huge Morey fan. I'm not bashing those moves. I'm just saying that in recent memory it seems like (with the exception of Jordan Hill, who was a late bloomer), when teams give up on high draft picks, the odds of reclamation are not good. Those teams know what they have and that's why they are trading.

8. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

If we can get Dion Waiters for pennies to the dollar then that's the only move I see Morey really making. There just isn't enough real impact players available right now.

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I don't agree with u, I think Morey will never want players like Dion Waiters who can't do anything special
    I would rather have CJ Miles or Wesly Johnson

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Garcia is the only problem I see on this team, if there cheap upgrades that can be made with teams that are tanking obviously you do them. I'm hoping Asik is really buying in, he is already getting paid great money and could possibly win a ring this or next year, he should be happy.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If we can get Dunleavy for a non rotation player, I would do that. Otherwise, I would stay where we are.

I would take Lowry for Lin, but I don't think that is realistic.

12. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Waiters could give very good and consistent scoring off the bench. We dont have that on our team right now.

13. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Isnt Dunleavy on a 2 or 3 year deal? Dont need to commit to cap space beyond this season.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

The greatest incentive is to place the Rockets in a situation where they can make Parsons a restricted free agent this year but it would have to be the right trade not just address Parsons.

I don't think the Rockets are too carried away by the Rockets current run since this strength of schedule chart was tweeted by a guy who consults for the Rockets:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=249628

If they do commit to this group do they spend this summer or keep 2015 free agency hopes alive? It's going to be interesting.

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i think dunleavy will be a rocket and thats it

small trade

16. conquistador#11

i'd be ok if we could get durant. he'd have to be ok to being option 3# though.

17. SeabrookMiglla

somebody random as hell.

18. Play07

Play07 Member

Wish smith was healthy, If he would’ve been playing backup center this season behind howard he could’ve helped facilitate a 3&d guy deadline. Smith contract is very friendly to other teams. A lot of teams are in need of a backup C/pf, shumperts back on the block knicks are looking for a big I think smith could’ve got that done just to mention one team.

On the flip side of smith not being healthy is, his value will be low during free agency, so morey could easily sign him back here for a cheap 2-3 deal. That would be great to have him as a serviceable big on the bench if he’s backup 1 or 2 for injury purposes. Something similar to having brooks around whenever you need him.

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

depends

if were giving up anything more than G.Smith i think OKC would have to add a pick.

1 person likes this.
  20. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Get real. Obviously we'd have to throw in Jeremy Lin + D-Mo. Then again, Daryl doesn't make a sideways trade... Thunder would have to throw in a couple 2nd rounders to make the deal fair.