1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 1/24/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Neped

Neped Member

Anyways chandler looked like a stud. To bad we still lost:(

2. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

Well-said. I think Lin can play very well if the coaches believe in him. As long as Harden continues the dominant PG, Lin can't play his style of games like we saw during Linsanity. I prefer that they trade him and Asik so that they can excel and fit with another system.

3. errpac

errpac Member

I blame mchale

I don't have a problem with Beverly in this game. I think he was needed and helped us on perimeter d. What I do have a problem is with the last play I feel bev should not have been in. 8 seconds and down by one, we should have had casspi or jones over Beverly in that last play. Jones didn't play well in this game but he did hit a rainbow three not too long ago when we needed it. The last play should had started with harden and then with him driving to the rim to get a foul or pass to parsons, Lin, or casspi at the three. Preferably harden taking the last shot though and drawing a foul. It shouldn't had started with parsons just trying to create on the go and definitely shouldn't have ended with bev with a contested three. I rather take our chances with dwight go to the foul line on the last play then a very little chance three shot. I know parsons on fire but harden should had still been the one that drew defenders and then try to get parsons a look. Damn mchale I really wonder if you drew any play on that last play. Pathetic. We need to win the next game against them.

4. errpac

errpac Member

I was thinking of the same thing

I thought about this too. Eric Gordon would be a awesome three point weapon to have beside dwight. What I do question is with Gordon we will have pretty much two sg in harden and Gordon. I assume then harden plays pg which doesn't sound too great. Though harden does carry the ball up,quite a bit I still feel we need a true pg to set our plays. Also the perimeter defense sounds pretty weak with Gordon and harden in the lineup. Lastly I think Gordon is a little to expensive for us. If we get Gordon he is our third star and we won't be able to afford anything else after that. He might improve the rockets but might not be enough considering his contract.

5. mag

mag Contributing Member

You are absolutely correct. I can feel our coaching and even commentators are hoping Lin to fail and seems like Lin is feeling it now. He looks very demoralized.

I think that if our coaches are not going to use him, it is better we trade him for another player that gets the respect from our coaches.

I also noticed the chemistry of the team being affected by this.

6. Foxbur

Foxbur Member

I 100% agree... They need to get another consistent scoring threat that can create his own shot. As much as I love Lin/Asik, they need to be traded then we might have a chance in playoff. I say Dwill will probably fit better than Rondo though. I wouldn't even mind if we have to give in CP if we can get another star. However if we want to get some good value back, we need to increase lin's value too... sending him to bench is not going to help with the trade.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Harden struggles under good defenses, nothing new. None of his shots look like they were in rhythm. Dwight got into foul trouble and he was getting frustrated by Grizzlies crowding interior D. McHale couldn't figure the out the whole game. Only reason Rockets were in it is because of Chandler going off in the 2nd half.

8. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

lol your godsend Beverly was clutch in the end. For a team complaining about Beverely not taking shots and just being sefensive minded, a 1-11 and 1-8 record while giving him the last shot over Lin is what easily lost the game. I dont mind seeing how great you guys think Beverly he is i still think hes about as good as Toney Douglas in D and worse than AB on O, no where near the level of Lin on Linsanity level but whatever the short lease on Lin will be untied when Beverely continues these 1-11 games, maybe AB or IC will be the next savior. For Lin having a 6 man role, i dont think 6 shots is nearly enough i mean imagine Ginoboli or JR taking 6 in 30mpg, the forums would be outraged.
    Anyway, the bench D is attrocious you got DMo and Jones guarding the likes of Gasol? lol Asik doesnt want to play trade him and Lin to upgrade the bench with better D and shooters.

9. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

I lol'd when I saw Beverly took the last shot and air balled. For a team thats so reliant on Harden iso, the one time you should give him the ball you give it to the worst shooter on the team tonight. A real coach wouldve rode the hot hand or given it to your most clutch players not your defensive pg. its l

10. wind30

wind30 Member

yes. Why is the last play a DH/Parson's pick and roll?

Parson's was not that good handling the ball right? He was shooting the lights out and someone else (harden or lin) should be handling the ball and breaking down the defence.

It is so fustrating.... Houston really deserves to lose today.... Parson's kept them in the game with out of the world shooting.

I really think the Coach totally lost the game for us during the last minute.

Mchale should not have told Harden off from playing ISO during the final minutes. I am a Lin fan and do not really like Harden playing ISO, but that is Harden's game. You can tell after that time out, Harden's heart was no longer in it or he does not really know how to play his game...

I am wondering why is Beverly in the final play? His shooting was terrible throughout the game....

11. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Ok so many things wrong with this. Not enough time to break it down

12. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Mchale has succeeded in breaking his spirit so he can prove he was right all along, that Linsanity was a fluke and Lin is a bench player and he was right to let him go in the first place.

All it takes is one egomaniac bully with power. A sad world we live in. He could have been great for the Rockets if he was given half the trust that Beverly is.

13. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

man. parsons was fouled on that 3. we lost by 1. not that we lost...but when ur up late thinkign about the game...well u think bout stuff like that.

14. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

sorry. *not the main reason we lost, was what i meant to say.

15. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

First of all, WOW Parsons had an incredible shooting night!!!

Go with the hot hand?!!!

Why was Beverley and Harden playing in the 4th? They certainly didn't have the hot hand. Harden is the star so I guess I can understand.

Beverley was in for the last play???

And why do I have absolutely no confidence in McHale's plays out of a time out?!!
    The last two plays he went with Parson's off the pick. The dude has been jacking up shots from downtown all night and you expect him to start driving to the basket??!!! WTF!!!

McHale has no idea about calling plays or maximising player's strengths... and yes, I think Lin is the unfortunate victim of McHale's inept coaching.

Its one thing giving Beverley the start because of "better fit" but I think McHale seriously thinks Beverley is the better player (even on offense). Lin should be averaging 10minutes more playing time than Beverley, especially when Beverley is stinking up the joint.

I don't care about the record. Our coach is a joke and we aint EVER going to win anything with him.

LMFAO!!!

1 person likes this.
  16. Normalus

Normalus Member

Blame Donuts, he missed 2 free-throws. Trade him or sit on the bench till the end of the season!

:rolleyes:

17. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Dmo played good. They need to keep playing him so he can get in game shape, he was really worn down tonight.

18. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Blame D-Mo when harden and Bev shot donkey balls? If you give credit to those guys when they play well, you gotta pin it on them when we lose. Bev had no business taking that last shot.

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

You need to blame someone, but it was sarcasm tho.

20. calcium

calcium Member

Eric Gordon would be really good, when healthy.
    Sadly, he's not the most robust specimen around.

Paul George would be a better acquisition.