1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2014.

1. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

that's not true. fast-break 101: you don't pass the ball until the defender commits. his handles are a big plus, circa lamar odom.

2. nchan

nchan Member

Why is it in the last two games, Lin/Howard combo no longer a part of the offense? Jeremy feeding Dwight was excellent in the last couple of games before the Pelicans game. I thought the combo was very effective. For some reasons, they just stopped.

3. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

You are completely right about that. Do you think it is McHale's coaching? Sampson got back and it seemed like we are back to the norm. I think Finch favors Lin.

4. jocar

jocar Member

If he didn't, I'd have guessed he feels guilty for leaving OKC, to explain every crappy, uninspired game against them. But I'll just blame it on Mchale since it seems the trendy thing to do after every loss.

5. jocar

jocar Member

Because Mchale didn't LET them, of course! :cool:
    Any more questions?

6. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

Right on. ;)

7. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

fast break 102: u let a slow guy dribble it up, the fast break is no longer there

8. deedee82

deedee82 Member

This made me miss Asiks screens and a healthy Greg. :(

9. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Is it normal that I'm still depressed about last night's game :(? Is there a support group I can join? #rocketssuckanonymous

10. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

that slow guy has the ability to take the ball coast-to-coast for a bucket, which he has shown numerous times.

I wouldn't call someone with the aforementioned ability, "slow."

good try, though.

11. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

can i join too? i cant even watch the next game im so,sad.:grin:

12. jerrios

jerrios Member

sorry, he'll have one good game out of 4 games against the thunder. thanks for making my point.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I didn't get too down considering Durant got as much FTs as the Rockets whole team and Dwight gets into foul trouble early..you know the Rockets didn't have much of a shot with the forces working against them.

14. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

he can do it when the other team dont run back to defend. when they do, he is only stalling the pace allowing defense to set.
    when guys without the ball determine to run, big dribbling the ball is always slower, only guards with good handle could keep up or out run them, this is elementary bball knowledge, no matter how hard you try to twist it, it's still there. even not a good try, i'd say u tried poorly.

15. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Next game can't get here fast enough!

For me it's not so much about the loss, but how it was lost and how it was played.

16. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

yes you right, mchale dont trust Lin...at the same time include Mr.sampson in that list...look at Lowry now, all he can say how he love his coach in toronto for allowing him to play and able to show his skills...Gotta learn to trust your players Mchale!!!

17. fluors

fluors Member

True; at least the first part. TJones handle is good for a PF but still shaky. I have seen the ball bouncing off his chest and stomach while leading the fast break. But he usually converts so it hasn't hurt the team much. The only drawback is this. If you look closely over the last few games, TJones tends not to pass the ball on fast breaks even with two (sometimes three) Rockets running the wings and trailing the play. Next time round, you'll see just one or two players running with him, and even then they don't go hard because they do not expect to receive the ball.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

OKC doesn't look tired tonight in their back to back against Golden State. The Rockets may have a "conditioning" problem.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yup, something just dawned on me also. We are 0-2 against the Clips and Thunder. 1-1 against Portland, 2-0 against the Spurs. We better pray that the Spurs or Portland slide to the 3rd and 4th spots because if they don't we are getting beat in the first round.

20. YourSecretLover

considering that we won most games on the 2nd night of the back to back, I highly doubt it