1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

If you not want to be generalized into one of the haters, do not generalize Lin fans all into lunatics. If you have not learnt how to ignore people on the internet, learn it.

2. Little General

Don't pay any attention to that guy. His conspiracy is just ridiculous.
    I might be a bit bias about Lin but I disagree that Lin can't be a star on a team. But that is just my opinion though.

3. linwantsout

linwantsout Member

Yeah pretty much I could care less about the Rockets. Hey atleast I'm honest right?

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

How is Lin getting frozen out? Per minute played, Lin actually possesses the slightly ball MORE than Harden. That's being frozen out?

Who passed the ball to Lin for the potential game tying shot at the end of the Atlanta game? Does that sound like a freeze out to you?

5. Little General

Don't pay that guy any attention. He doesn't know what he is saying and is just an instigator. I have already proved him wrong.

6. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

There are a few extreme people who think like this. To say this is the view of the majority is simply not true.

7. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

This is idiotic. Posts like this are the reason we see people witch hunting anyone who says anything positive about Lin on here.

8. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

This is where the moderators need to do their work.

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yep...

These guys make it very hard to root for Lin..

I like him as a player, but the crap on the board is just ridicules... They make him out to be a God. If you say anything negative about him then it's a war around this place. If he has a good game, they make it seem as if he was the sole reason the team won..

T_Man

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Same goes the other way around. I don't like Lin , I hate him but yet I get called a LOF because I diss Harden and Mchale here and there. The Linphobia is pathetic.

11. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I am not responding to the argument that Lin is frozen out by Harden. I just wanted to state something about Harden's pass to Lin that you are talking about. Harden was obviously the first to get the ball because the play drawn up during the time out was obviously one that gave the ball to Harden to shoot. That's logical as Harden is undoubtedly the best shooter on the team. He couldn't get a good look at a three shoot so he drove, possibly looking to hit a two and get a foul. I was shocked to see he was driveing unto the paint as that effort had a poor chance of helping. Dominique Wilkens said he thought Harden made a bad move to doi it. Harden then saw he was in trouble so he passed the ball to Lin with 6 seconds left. The play had broken down and, as I see it,Harden's pass was a desperation move. That's why Lin did not expect the pass. I am only mentioning that because Harden will frequently pass the ball to Brooks, Cassspi, Parson's, Lin and others with seconds left . This was one example.
    I don't want to be in the conversation about Harden freezing Lin out. Just wanted to make a point, as Drexler Worrel, and Bullard also noticed this patten by Harden and wondered why he did it.

12. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Honest question: Why do you post here, then?

1 person likes this.
  13. rlivz

This is an example of a completely idiotic, biased perspective on a play. Harden made a great play there, he couldn't get a good look initially so he collapsed the defense with a drive and kicked it out to an open shooter in Lin. It was literally the best possible play in that situation. The alternative was to take a contested 3, which you would have tried to crucify him for.

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Dominique Wilkens thought it was a bad move. However, I am addressing an important issue about his late passes. Please lets drop it here as this board is to emotional and nasty. I would appreciate it if you had the common courtesy to not use the word idiodic.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Even if this is 100% true, what's wrong with it? A coach designs a play, you try to carry it out, but it might break down. If so, you adjust. If your options are (1) take a shot at the rim swarmed by defenders that won't tie the game even if you make it, (2) try and draw contact to get a foul that probably won't get called so late in the game, or (3) pass out to a wide-open shooter who appears to be behind the line for a tying bucket -- which one would you choose?

16. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I don't think "Lin wants out" at all.

If I recall correctly, there was a thread a couple of years back about which players bleed Rockets red. If that thread were active today, I think many people would say that Lin is one of those players. And every so often, it seems that he proves it in a literal sense.

It's too bad that you don't care about the Rockets. I think you're missing out on a lot of the joy that other CF members are experiencing by cheering on this exciting team, challenges and all.

Here's a crazy question for you... if Lin was in your shoes, what would he do?

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't think a pass with 6 seconds on the clock is ridiculously late, esp in that circumstance. Jeremy clearly had plenty of time to get a good shot off before the defense could adjust. And this is coming from someone who regularly crucifies Harden for those passes when 2-3 seconds are left on the clock after ISO'ing for nearly 20.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

seriously find a new forum, this site is for rabid ROCKETS fans

1 person likes this.
  19. rlivz

If we're posting what we would appreciate, I would appreciate if you would for once think from an unbiased perspective in regards to Jeremy Lin, James Harden, and the Rockets before you post about them. Because not a single post in your entire Clutchfans history has accomplished a removal of bias, and you find yourself in the thick of these "emotional and nasty" conversations because you are one of the most biased posters on the forum, and you just have to make your point known every time Lin is so much as mentioned.

If we need a three to tie the game, and James Harden creates a wide open three-point opportunity for Jeremy Lin, and you then go and discredit Harden because Lin screwed it up, I'm going to continue to use the word idiotic to describe your discrediting. Because blaming Harden for that play is, indeed, completely idiotic.

20. linwantsout

linwantsout Member

Because I can. Is there a problem?