1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. allaroundplayer

The ref called it a 2, but he also immediately called for a replay so it still could have been a 3-pointer to tie the game.

2. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I don't see him having better assists than last year when Dwight demands post games, Harden is the primary ball handler, and Bev is the starting PG.

I think it is tough for him to be consistent when his role has been inconsistent.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL. Such an emotional crowd. Is this the Real Housewives of LOF's or something?

The shot was ruled a two AT THE TIME OF THE SHOT. So why would they be running over to hug him when they knew for a fact that they were losing the game for sure unless the call was overturned? At the time there was no reason to hug and kiss each other because they knew they just lost the game most likely.

Looking WAAAAYYYY too much into it folks.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Lord.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Gosh, truly pathetic. LOF's keep stooping lower and lower. Such a petty lot. Conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory, lie after lie.

6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The referee ruled it a 2 pointer, they didn't think it was a game winner. Watch Lin as he walks to the bench. He isn't too happy and he even gives a shrug (4:38) with a "I don't know" look. The Rocket players couldn't believe that it wasn't a tying shot.

Did you notice that nobody was high fiving Lin when he got to the bench? Do you believe that the entire team hates him as you seem to think Harden does?

7. TheJet

TheJet Member

I mean better overall players. Not just basketball skill and IQ. By your rating Shaq would have been a poor player. He couldn't shoot at all and relied heavily on his size and athleticism. DH is similar.

My point is that you don't make it in the NBA if you're a bad basketball player. The NBA is the best of the best from all over the world. I think you're just comparing the NBA's worst to their best. That makes the bottom tier guys look very, very bad.

Here's an example of what I mean:
    In college we had an intramural basketball team that was pretty good. We won the league once and had deep playoff runs. Mostly ex high school players, obviously no college players. One of our better players was a manager for the college women's team (who wasn't very good at the time). He arranged for a scrimmage with our squad. Those ladies cleaned our clocks. We may have had a slight physical advantage (not much mind you, they were impressive) but they were so much better in every other way we just couldn't compete.

As good as we were against intramural competition, it's not a fair comparison to a "real" league. It doesn't get any more real than the NBA.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Harden does not have "an attitude problem with Lin". They get a long fine. That is just Harden's personality. If Harden had an issue with Lin, it would be well known.... Harden would let it be known.

Harden and Lin are just very different personalities and run in different circles, but that doesn't mean they dislike each other.

9. Little General

Are you crazy? No one knows what they are thinking. Don't make such assumptions, it's just foolish.

10. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

McHale might actually be Thinking about Increasing Lin's role

McHale has had some unusually praiseworthy comments towards Lin lately. After the Washington game, he credited Lin with pushing the ball and suggested that his teammates needed to run harder to keep up so that Jeremy isn't left on an island. McHale never made such comments last year, and often went out of his way to ignore or downplay Lin's contributions to victories. If McHale is valuing pace setting as a way to unlock the 3 pt shooting, then Lin is a good choice for PG. If I had to bet, I'd still bet on Beverley taking the starting job back when he returns from injury, but I think Jeremy is making that decision a little tougher for McHale. It will shift in Lin's favor once McHale acknowledges that the alleged gap between Lin and Beverley defensively isn't that wide (I think Lin is better and now has the stats/performances to back it up). Having a winning record in January would help too.

11. allaroundplayer

In my original post, I stated that only Parsons, who wasn't in uniform, slapped hands with Lin when he got to the bench.

I don't think the fact that that shot may have not tied the game should have anything to do with whether or not his teammates slap hands with Lin because you will see that happen even if a player misses a last second shot.

As far as other players not high-fiving Lin (besides Parsons) it is probably Harden's bad attitude spreading to rest of the team. I noticed Howard had the chance a couple of times to help Lin up off the floor in the last game, but just walked past him.

I am not a L.O.F. by any means. These are just things I've noticed.

12. Little General

Oh please stop with the conspiracy man... You don't know anything about their chemistry. No one knows but themselves, you act as if you are living with them... And Howard might not have helped Lin up because he might be going back on defense. Our transition defense has alrdy been very bad. You don't want the opponent to attack while you are helping a teammate up...

So stop it with your assumptions of their chemistry.

13. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

I a Lin fan, and I think you are digging too much. I'm not sure if you are trying to help or hurt Lin, but by bring up something like this, you are not helping. Even if you are right, what is the point to bring something up like this? If you are a Lin fan, use your brain please. If you are pretending to be a Lin fan, get lost!

14. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

A three pointer would have tied the game and would not have won the game.

My thinking is that everyone assumed it was a three when it went in. Tie game means there is still work to be done especially after a mediocre team performance. I don't think anyone would celebrate until they had the victory (OT) in the bag, and even if they pulled the out a victory in OT, no one would celebrate an average team performance.

15. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

What is your point to bring this up? so that people can criticize Lin fan being too sensitive, or ridiculous?

16. allaroundplayer

Lin a very good player. To say that Harden does not have bad chemistry with Lin is totally idiotic because if Harden had good chemistry with Lin, he would have a lot more big games, but it is virtually impossible for Lin to have any big games because of Harden's perpetual freezing out of Lin.

Notice I do not say Lin has bad chemistry with Harden because the "bad chemistry" is only coming from Harden's direction.

The times I am talking about when Lin was on the floor & Howard did not help him up were when play had stopped.

17. Little General

That is not true at all. How is Harden freezing out Lin? Is it because Lin doesn't get the ball? If that is consistently true than that is not on Harden but that is how they have done it in practice.

And you mean this one at 4:05?
    <iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oSDHRCLdFsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well at 5:00 it was Dwight who was helping Lin up. And I alrdy told you that they went back on defense because the Wizards was gonna in-bound it so they had to go back on defense...
    And when Lin passed the ball to TJones for the clutch 2pts it was Harden who was very happy and give Lin a highfive.

So stop with your damn conspiracy. I have proved everything you said wrong!

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I told you this issue would popup as soon as Lin was the starter...

As soon as Lin was the started, the complaints would come in that Harden is freezing out Lin or Harden doesn't like Lin...

First, it was Lin should be starting and not bev
    Second, McHale doesn't like Lin..
    Third, Harden doesn't like Lin..

Next will be Morey doesn't like Lin...

I keep seeing a common factor in all of these scenario's.

It all boils down to the fact that Lin fans want him to be the star, but that is not going to happen on any team with stars on it...

T_Man

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah pretty much this

They will be happy if he ends up in a Lowry situation in Toronto, where his team is forever mediocre but Lin puts up good stats.

I don't think they give up a shet if Lin's team goes anywhere, as long as Lin gets the most touches gets the most points.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

do you have a visual graph or flow chart to represent the parallel change in energy allocation ?

good god this thread is tedious to read.