1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A few interesting observations:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jtr, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

From morey's wiki

Morey graduated from Highland High School in Medina, Ohio[2] before receiving a bachelor’s degree in computer science with an emphasis on statistics from Northwestern University,[3] as well as an MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management.

2. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

You mean this guy with this signature?

3. Voice of Aus

I think your wrong, since the person who has a 2006 account refers to morey in the third person. Why would morey do that lol

Lance explicitly said after the interview that Daryl asked beforehand/off-air to talk about something besides the usual questions (Jeremy or Patrick? Who's the PF? Will you trade Omer?). I thought the interview was fun, and I'm sure we'll hear more pure b-ball talk later.
    Also that post by that dead spin commenter has repeatedly posted in a thread regarding morey lol

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I read through a few of his posts. Definitely not Morey, unless he likes talking about himself in 3rd person.

5. blunto

blunto Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8288492&postcount=194

Weird, bro.

1 person likes this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol this is entertaining

7. Voice of Aus

8. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I was not wrong of what jrt was referring to as Morey. He was definitely wrong on his assumption.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Please, it's clear Morey's Rodman23. He scans clutchfans, understand that the quickest way to get reps is posting funny pictures, and got his interns to do a whole bunch of gifs for him to post. Instant Hakeem status.

Morey doesn't have time to write out long posts to explain stuff to us mortals. He's way too efficient for that. :p

2 people like this.
  10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You are right. And in all likelihood I will be wrong again. Unless I die soon. Good catch. I did not understand which is of course my bad.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Can you add some of your other posts into your sig? It would be helpful going through all of the other statistical posts you've made.

12. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

Hmm do you think the amount of threes we take results in long rebounds, which makes it more difficult for the bigs, who have established positioning deep in the paint to get them, and actually benefits the opposing team?

13. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So, we know Morey reads the boards from time to time, since he's admitted this. If he did post, what kind of post would it be? I can't imagine him getting into a debate over statistical analysis with fans.

I think it would be stuff like posting promotional links for tickets, Rockets appearances, charity events, or stuff about the Sloan analytics conference.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

If you have a basic understanding of CF all posts are available for every member.

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

LOL I knew you would react like the douche-bag like you have been.

17. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

A good question. I would imagine it is a problem, but I don't know the scope of it yet. I guess that the Rockets stats could be compared to the Knicks stats to see if they have similar problems in that department.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

What?? Left click on anyone's name in their post. There you go. so simple a neanderthal could do it. Unless my contributing membership has something to do with it. In which case it is going to cost you a reasonable amount of money.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

I could see him making an appearance in a stat thread, but he wouldn't come across as an expert. He could promote posts he agrees with.

His name would be very generic. Nothing that would stick out.

Post count wouldn't be very high.