1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think will happen when PBev is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jan 11, 2014.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I like this angle a lot. I'd like to see Brooks play with Harden some though. I like seeing Harden play with guys who can really be counted on to hit that open three ball.

I definitely prefer staggering Lin and Harden's minutes.

When Beverley is making a respectable percentage of his open 3 point looks, I'm for him starting. If he's not, I'm going to be one of the few who says I prefer Brooks. Yeah, I said it. The dude can shoot! Still concerned about defense - depends some on matchups.

2. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Unless Lin plays like an all-star every game, he will go back to the bench.

3. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Patrick will start once he's good to go.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ideally, Pat should be coming off the bench backing up a consistent PG who brings stability to the team and the offense.

However, our bench is weak and Lin is inconsistent. Until we address our bench, it makes sense to bring Lin off the bench and stagger Harden and Lin's minutes to have someone drive the lane and create for others on the floor at all times.

Lin's outside shooting and his decision making especially when under pressure has been a question mark. To his credit he has been improving his outside shot. His decision making is still not there and I beginning to wonder if its ever going to get there.

In any case, the one that will be playing in the closing minutes will be the one that has been having a good game.

5. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

There's a big difference between the way Lin is playing now and playing like an all star.

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Stop whining so much.

7. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

I'd say he would come off the bench until he got his wind/legs back and then be put back in the Starting lineup where he belongs.

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

It really wouldn't surprise me if we did trade him. The only thing i've had with lin is that we're paying him too much. If we were paying him only 4 mil i would be all for without a doubt keeping lin. But for 8 mil and 16 mil hitting us next season, i'd rather use that to packing with asik and get a good backup center and a quality PG, maybe a strong backup thats versitile at SG or SF

9. waisoserious

waisoserious Member

his salary isnt 8 and 16. that would mean he was getting 32 million over 3 years. hes getting 25million

5 5 and 15. 5 this year 15 next year

your 8 comes from them averaging the 25 million over 3 years cause the rockets arent over the cap. to the rockets its as good as 8 8 8, if they traded him to somebody who was approaching the cap it would count as 5 5 15.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think Lins too good to a bench player.

He's a 15 and 6 guy when given starting mins, his FG% is great, he's got great size.

Bev is a ideal backup, energy guy who's tough. He could play the role Lowry used to when he backed up brooks.

The tricky thing part is, Brooks. Brooks has been playing very well lately and has shown flashes of the old 09-10 him. He's more then deserving of a backup Role.

Imo, we should trade either Bev or Brooks.

1 person likes this.
  11. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Bev is better than Brooks. Defense, obviously Bev is much better, but even offense, Brooks is super inconsistent. When his shots aren't falling, he gives you nothing at all, no defense or playmaking. Plus, Brooks isn't a young player anymore, Bev is.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Lin goes back to the bench where he belongs. He will be a valuable bench player and spell Harden and Beverly for 30 minutes a night.

Lin has not played well with Becerly out, nor have the Rockets played well. His defense and steady hand have been missed. Lin gets to be the 6th-7th man and bring offense to the second unit where he helps the Rockets most. He is a real quality bench player.

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

They're both quality bench player IMO.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Well he has played like an all star only a handful of games so there are no worries.

The idea that Lin has to play at an all star level to start is absurd. The Rockets concern is winning games and they will do whatever that takes.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you. However one of them has to start. I suspect we will have a vastly different PG rotation by 2016.

16. pippsux

pippsux Member

I think the answer is clear......I don't see Mchale not playing bev ahead of Lin.......warranted or not.

17. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Lin should start, and we should play more combos of Lin/Bev/Brooks at the 1/2 (or playing Garcia way less as he obviously doesn't have what it takes to play 20 mins).

18. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Apparently you don't come here often. It is a crime again humanity if Lin doesn't start regardless of the results.

19. Fighton

Fighton Member

when are people going to understand that you're not getting hit with 16mil next year. les is getting hit with 16mil and it's his money, not yours. against the cap, which is the only thing we should care about, it's 8. name me another quality PG available at 8mil right now that's even remotely on the market.

20. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

lol double standards.