1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think will happen when PBev is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jan 11, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Read it again... 18 + 12 = 30.

And you accusing everyone who doesn't share your opinions of Lin of being a "hater" is equally annoying.

2. jms99

jms99 Member

he doesn't understand that nobody "hates" him, we are just objective about his ability. The guy should play in Europe. He would be AWESOME with other fragile players. He's pretty good at times.

1 person likes this.
  3. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Lin hasn't done much to distance himself as the definitive starter. His offense is okay, but he's been sub-par at best. The one thing that I do know is with Wolverine back, we're gonna have more depth and stability. Whether or not he should start, I'd let the numbers and coach to decide on that.

4. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

And dont judge fans defending Lin as LOFs:grin:

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yep, this is what worries me. Garcia has just fallen off a cliff in terms of production.

Beverley will start, Lin will come off the bench and back up the 2 as well, bench will get much stronger, need Parsons and Asik back when his injury heals.

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Need Lin to light it up off the bench. Bev cant score like Lin

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

The argument to bench Lin is that the starters don't need much offense from the PG position. Does the same hold true if Parsons is still out?

Plus Lin has been impressive checking the vast majority of these point guards since Bev went down.

8. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

McHale will choose mediocrity...I mean Beverley

McHale will choose Beverley because he wants to give his worldview a chance to work and also because he seems unwilling to accept Lin into the exclusive club of key rotation players.

As compared to Beverley, I think Lin has demonstrated that he is a superior offensive player, a better defensive player, and the player that is most likely to unlock the potential of an offense with Harden and Howard on the floor.

Lin has been the team's most versatile player so far this season. He has been asked to be the spark plug off the bench, to be the primary ball handler, to be a spot up shooter, to be a shooting guard who makes plays in the final seconds of the shot clock, an on the ball defender against PGs and SGs and a help defender.

He has handled all of those roles very well, though his assist/TO ratio has suffered this year because of having to juggle so many things. Beverley simply allows Harden to dominate the ball. It is comfortable. It will get them to 50 wins, but likely a first round exit.

Lin alongside Harden, gives the Rockets the potential to be dominant. There have been flashes, in the win against SA, the comeback effort against Memphis, the win against Washington, and other games, where one can see the potential. The team is not guardable when Harden and Lin are shooting 40% or better from the floor and are getting to the line. Yes, Lin helps the second unit play better, but in November, Lin was the guy on the floor with Howard and Harden at the end of games more often than not, so he was effectively given a starter's weight.

Going to the bench will help Lin's numbers but will put a ceiling on the Rockets' potential.

9. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

With this team any player on the court can be a PG when Harden is not on the court or that he doesn't want the ball. PB is actually the shortest starting SG in the NBA.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like how you take a jab at pat Bev with you're second sentence.

Really? I didn't see Lin improved at all, I think he sucks more now.

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Lin goes to the bench, Beverly moves back into his starting role and irrational Lin fans lose their ****.

Not sure why this is a new thread when there is already one suggesting Lin should be starting over Beverly.

12. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Let me make this clear dip****.

Lin and Beverly are different players but are equal when looking at overall talent.

NO WING PLAYER ON THE BENCH IS AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN PARSONS!

Parsons is a glue guy, he isn't a player who dominates the offense as the #1 option.

1 person likes this.
  13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I wish and think Bev will go back to being a starter and Lin will go back to the bench. Not so much Bev vs. Lin as I think everyone can agree Lin is the better player, albeit less consistent at times and prone to more mistakes. Our bench is just so bad that having a playmaker/primary scorer is essential and Lin in a Super Sub role fits that calling pretty well.

Bottom, I just want this team to be healthy and working towards getting better together. This team looked to be so special during preseason and the rare moments of having more or less everyone in the rotation. Injuries and trying to make due with whatever is left has really overshadowed what this team might be capable to do.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Once again, learn how to read. You are so blinded by your love for Lin and hatred for Bev that you lose all semblance of credibility.

18 mins at PG and 12 mins at SG = 30 total mins for LIN not 18!!!

SMH

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Probably one game off the bench with limited minutes to get his groove back, then back in the starting lineup where he belongs.

We have seen about 7-8 games with him alongside the starters, which produced worse defense and worse offense.

16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Back to the starting line up.
    Lin is better coming off. Gives him confidence. And he is loose. Plus he helps the second unit a lot.

Imagine if Asik does plays. And gives some effort when he returns.

The said McHale stated that he will be back when the road trip is over.

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Bev comes back as the starter as he is better fit with harden.

Lin comes off the bench as he can create his own shot, and be a spark.

And hopefully Asik comes back healthy and happy and ready to play. We need this chemistry to develop in the worst way.

18. FTW

FTW Member

Bev should be sent to D-league. Happy now?

Seriously, he should be a backup or role player at best. He has done nothing to take lin's job as starting pg of this team. Offense, Lin by miles, playmaking, Lin light year ahead. Defense, Lin just better. Don't give me 'better fit' nonsense.

In the reality though, with McFail, anything is possible. So bev will start again. Harden plays plenty of mins, doing two jobs at the same time, starting pg, our best scorer until he can't play any more. Bev will the best he can, bring the ball up, pass to harden, be his pet and doing ' better fit' thing. Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  19. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Bev is not good enough to be a starter.

The last few games Lin has been playing like Beverly (except last night). Sub par shooting/scoring but decent defense.

Lin's average offence is Bev's ceiling.

Their defense is on par. Tony Parker scores 27 points on 27 shoots and Bev is a defensive genius. John wall scores 23 points on 22 shots and Lin got schooled.

Got to love the consistency of opinion.

20. FTW

FTW Member

Have check the stats of bev as a starter? If Lin has been very below average. How was bev doing back then? One more thing, what does PG do? No scoring, no playmaking, of course no turnover.