1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think will happen when PBev is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jan 11, 2014.

1. DreamEarlNolan

I'm sure Beverley will go back to his starting role. Like others have said that might actually be a good thing to help bolster the second unit. Lin may actually not mind coming off the bench because it allows him to have the ball in his hands while he's on the floor unlike when he and Harden are on the court together.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't think he needs 20 minutes a game -- but I think he should be part of the rotation, yes. I wouldn't mind taking a few minutes from Garcia and/or a few from Bev if it meant we could bring him in for short bursts.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Funny but true.

4. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Well i thought we need a good defensive pg? jlin did a descent job against top tier pg's didnt he? Apart from giving offense when needed,
    Why disturb the lineup? james and lin in some moments shown some chemistry in there...i love when james set an screen for lins easy drive to the rim...

5. rocketblood713

yea everyone on our team wants to play PG even Dwight the other night he was running the break and dished it to Harden

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Team is better with him starting.

He should start.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

When Bev is back, he WILL start, No doubt about that. He is a better fit alongside Harden and much less turnover prone than Lin

Lin is a good bench player at best and will be needed to spark our non existent bench.

PG - Bev (30 minutes), Lin (18 minutes)
    SG - Harden (36 minutes), Lin (12 minutes)

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Our bench is so bad that it'll be good to have Lin who can create a bit.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Lin has been playing good defense, almost as good defense as Beverley in Bev's absence, and still noticeably better on offense with the starters. Lin is the better fit with the starters. Lin can stay on the court when Harden goes out and play with the bench, sparking the 2nd unit as well as getting the ball to move on the 1st unit as a starter.

10. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

in whichever role he gets when coming back I see more energy/urgency in the team when he is on the court, so I he he keeps his positive impact up and hope his injury doesnt hinder him for to long. We will really see what kind of player he will be when he comes back form this injury.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Lin plays with more energy off the bench, suits both players better

12. dantian

dantian Member

Given the offense has been so ugly, Beverly is needed on the starters, to make the offense simpler around Harden isos.

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Hes less turnover prone because his one passing skill is the dump off pass to harden and then getting out of his way. I think lin will come off the bench also but please lets not kid ourselves about bevs play on the offensive end.

1 person likes this.
  14. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Starting lineup needs Bev's headiness/energy

Bench needs Lin's scoring/creating

Simple

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

I think harden ,AB & patrick will be coming of the bench , and Lin will be our starter by him self...he can be PG,SG , SF,PF..and watch out Haword ,Lin might jump high enough to be a center too......that will make Lin's fans very happy

1 person likes this.
  16. quatin

quatin Member

When AB is making shots he should get 40 minutes. It would be crazy not to put him in the rotation given that he can drop 30 points any given night.

I think lin needs to slide over to backup 2 and take some of Garcias' minutes. Then have AB come in as backup pg. If either lin or AB gets hot, they stay in the game for Beverly the rest of the night. Can't be worse of an experiment than TT.

1 person likes this.
  17. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

No one thinks Jeremy will be traded when Bev is back?

18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Not really even a debate, lin is better for the team off the bench. Our second unit needs scorers badly. Bev is not a scorer, so he fits well playing with 4 other scorers. We need beverly for his defense and ability to make it harder for the other player to score.

Lin CAN be a scorer and the second unit needs someone like lin to lead them.

19. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Better not play Lin if he is going to play 18 mins only...lols give it to pbev the defensive artist...lols can u show me that statistically that pbev is better than jlin on defense?

Your hate toward Lin is so annoying...even if Lin is doing good defensively, he still not good enough, i guess the bar of your standards is really high which needs Him to defend opposing pg to shoot 0/15??? Cmmon man, the kid is dying in the court fighting for that defense...

20. jms99

jms99 Member

GREAT post. One of the greatest posts i've ever read in terms of TRUTH.

Lin should not even be in the league, and often i've heard about how he should be the SF or PF