1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Short Term 12 - 9.5/10

Anybody else seen this? I loved it. Insanely good.

2. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I read something about the story a while back. Will have to check it out.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Do I run the risk of having my "man card" revoked for publicly admitting that the last movie I watched was Frozen? lol...don't judge me, I have a 7 year old daughter ok!

Now that said, if I still get to conditionally keep my "man card" on a technicality for being a good father, but forced to lay low for a probationary period until this blows over, do I still run the risk of having it revoked by admitting that I actually thought it was a good movie?

Well I've seen all the Disney movies for the most part (unfortunately) and this was by far one of the best ones I've ever had to sit through. I didn't want to stuff popcorn in my ears and gouge my eyes out with my Icee straw for a change. It was a pleasant surprise since I didn't even know what the movie was about because they don't play commercials for this on the channels I watch. As far as Disney movies go...10/10.

This message will self destruct. Move along, nothing to see here.

#4563 vator, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

I found it surprisingly good too and I liked the movie's soundtrack. Still doesn't beat Lion King though.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - 4/10

I think that's the title... typical B movie aimed for teens. I don't know why I watched it, but I got about halfway through and then decided to just forward to the end. Percy saves the day, bad guys dies, a small (but boring) twist in the end, credits.

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I'm 40 and still love watching cartoons, with or without my son. I don't think man card comes into play. Trailers looked lame so I wasn't going to bother but I will now.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Savages - 4/10. Some decent scenes and it starts out pretty well but falls apart later and just becomes flat out bad.

8. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Dude, since Toy Story came out in the mid-90s it is "cool" to watch animated movies regardless of age. Disney and Dreamworks have made it an art of making movies great for kids and parents. They have a lot of jokes that go over kids heads, and parents find hilarious.

The only good part of that movie Blake Lively.

Dallas Buyer's Club, 5/5 - Matthew McConaughey could win an Oscar. Who woulda thunk it?

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

50/50- 9.9999/10. the only word to describe this movie is "BEAUTIFUL"

Eastern Promises- 8.5/10. really really good movie. Viggo is just a badass. probably his best acting gig.

10. TheresTheDagger

He is great in that, but if you have a chance, check out "A History of Violence" with Viggo and also Ed Harris. If you like his acting, I predict you'll like that one too.

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

gravity...10/10.- most suspenseful movie i've seen in a while.

captain phillips...9/10. probably would have rated 10/10 if i hadn't watch gravity right before it.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good job, I-rish!

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

will do. thanks.

14. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Just now seeing your response, dan.

Yeah, I only gave it that rating in context of the bolded part in your post. All of the innovation the entire movie generated then has since been so thinned out and utilized to the point it's "normal" to see in any and many modern films. Any 90's babies and up seeing it now wouldn't get what was so "innovative" just because they've been submersed with these techniques during their life's viewing experiences growing up.

If the editing of Requiem For a Dream REALLY took off as a movie making trend since its release to the point 50-75% of all films are cut the same way, I imagine initially seeing Requiem the first time wouldn't be as much of a roller coaster experience.

Knamsayin???

15. TdashDUB

Oh and...

Her - 10/10
    Other than shoehorning Scar Jo's tittay's somewhere, I can't imagine one thing I'd do different with this film to make it any better. To me: If I was thoroughly impressed, enjoyed my experience and I can't think of ONE way to elevate the movie itself for my liking?? That's as close to a perfect film as you can get.

At the same time, anyone walking in with a skewed mindset of what to expect may be the unfortunate souls think the movie is boring. But if you have any attention span, love invigorating dialogue, outstanding acting across the board, surreally charming direction, style/cinematography and a story/theme that screams relevant to anyone and everyone's lives whether it be the harsh reality of love itself, having an internet fling or technology taking over and slowly crippling our social norms - there's much for someone to connect to and really FEEL.

Loved it.

16. TdashDUB

Well, he will at least have his first golden globe for it if an Oscar isn't in his cards.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

"The Paperboy" 8/10

really surprised me, i watched it on Netflix two days ago and I'm still thinking about it.

18. htown1984

htown1984 Member

what is it? Action Drama, Thriller?

19. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Yep, perfect example of how to take a good book and turn it into a steaming pile of a movie.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

50/50 is one of my favorite movies in a long time. Good call, sir.