1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He should be fired. Phil Jackson, you're up.

2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

He should be fired, you're right.

We have players injured, Lin didn't have the best night on offense, but the real reason the Rockets are doing bad is because Mchale sucks as a coach.

3. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Did anyone else get the feeling that this game was gonna turn out bad when Atlanta shot like 2% for the first 8 minutes of the game and yet the Rockets were still stuck at 11 points? That's all coaching for not calling a TO sooner instead of waiting until it was 11-8. At the end of Mchale's coaching era, it's gonna be known as "Mchale, the coach who didn't know how to manage lineups/substitutions, when to call effective TO's, his inability to draw up a play if needed and most of his wins coming from the ability of the players instead of his coaching."

4. SirKen

SirKen Member

Oh, I agree with you on "he should not be fired right now." Actually, I agree with everything you said. All my rants towards McHale this year were me just ranting out of frustration or arguing with the people who were defending him for silly reasons.

I wanted him fired last year when we had a young team full of talent. It is already too late to develop them properly now because we are in "win now" mode.

Moreover, The chemistry from last year seems lost and everyone is playing for themselves. Perhaps Morey's reputation of flipping assets doesn't really help either. In any case, the team has stopped sharing. All the players, the commentators stress the word "unselfish" quite frequently even when they have played well. What does that tell you?

Expect the ugly games to continue for the rest of the season unless there is a major trade which brings another star. I would be seriously worried if they keep McHale after this year though (my personal opinion).

Disclaimer: I haven't seen tonight's game, so it is not a knee-jerk reaction.

5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

McHale is not the worst coach, but he is one of the worst coaches

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Mchale is subpar. There is no way I'd bring him back to coach this team next year. He's borderline garbage.

7. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

All you guys blaming McHale are just LOFs!!!

I wish you'd all just quit.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

You haven't been paying attention.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

shut up rookie.

10. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

For Lin's sake, for McHale's sake, for the Rockets' sake, and especially for the fans' sake... The sooner Lin gets traded, the better.

11. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

i wish you'd quit posting.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Do you have anything of value to say? Please quit posting....

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Obvious trolling is obvious.

14. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

You're in the wrong thread. The trade Lin thread is not this. ;)

Not sure how Lin getting traded helps McHale out, but for the Rockets' sake, trade Lin and please DO NOT bring back McHale.

I cannot stand McHale's rotations. Not sure why we played Brewer and Garcia so many minutes when we needed offense. And then to practically bench Casspi. I mean, what did Casspi do to earn time in the dog house? On a night when we couldn't get Dwight the ball, Casspi would've been a passing option, but he only saw 6 minutes of the floor? WTH?

I've thought this all last year and I still do, we are winning because of talent. If Morey watched the game last night, I hope he's just as frustrated and came up with a list of replacement coaches for next season. And if he didn't watch the game, I hope he was busy working the phone to find takers for Lin and Asik's contracts and to bring in some new pieces.

This roster as it stands and with this coach, is another 1st round exit. Nobody is scared of us. Everybody knows we can't play defense. They know we have no offensive options when our 3s don't fall. It's a shame in close games like this, we don't go to Dwight more. This was a terrible loss and McHale did nothing to prepare the team or guide them out of the "mud" as he likes to describe it.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Almost..... the Front Office is ultimately responsible for the Coach's failures as the Coach is responsible for the overall performance of the team.

7 years of Morey and 1 Second round trip isn't going to do it.

16. Yellow

Yellow Member

McHale is the biggest problem here, he doesn't even own up to anything ever! Any loss and he seems cool with everything, saying things like " ah we just didn't run enough, didn't work hard enough" and then doesn't know the reason..Harden is learning from the master, not to take responsibility.

17. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

Only positive after duds like tonight is it helps Morey realize a change will be necessary if this team is serious about winning something.

18. roksoer

roksoer Member

So what's the money situation with the staff thing, do we have money to hire another coach, does it count against the cap?

I mean, if it's really necessary for us to keep McHale, for the sake of Dwight being happy, why don't we just hire another coach to take care of the actual gameplan and have a twin towers coach lineup, obviously one of them would have to be relegated to assistant coach for bureaucratic reasons, but their actual functions wouldn't necessarily have to reflect that...

19. roksoer

roksoer Member

I think having a competent coach is the only hurdle for this team, same as it was for the Clippers the last few years, now that they've got Doc, they're a completely different team.

20. baki

baki Member

McHale's style is just too laid back for the NBA, I think he would do well in the WNBA.