1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why James Harden is not in the MVP ladder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jan 10, 2014.

1. mockster

mockster Member

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/ James harden is no where to be found I mean for FFs Kyle Lowry is 10th. James harden is just coming out of 3 37 point straight games and 25 tonight in the loss to slants. I know for a fact he's top 5 in ppg and also holds a pretty high assist avg. it's like for some reason harden has got no recognition this season from the nba.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He shouldn't. That's right.

3. Omnipotence

Omnipotence Member

People outside of the Rockets find his play boring. Drive to the lane for calls, rinse and repeat.

4. Mr. Space City

trash defense, turns the ball over too much, and isn't a very likable player

5. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Because he doesn't really help even though he puts up great numbers. Lebron James makes everyone better and he makes the team better, most importantly they translate to wins.

James Harden mostly just drives to the lane and throws his hands up. Yeah.

6. chandlerbang21

Lowru putting in work leading his team while being consistent

7. mockster

mockster Member

Think hardens game is better then what y'all describe considering he had done dazzling dunks and layups. The reason he gets fouled is because people can't guard him nothing wrong with that. He also makes slot of 3"a when he's hot n avg like 5-6 assist a game. Your comparing him to lbj reigning MVP. James harden doesn't have a boring game to me he's contantly making highlight reel moves?

8. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

he was 25-7-7 tonight and he wasnt playing good...

i am not one to say he is a top mvp candidate, but he should be mentioned. dont tell me some hogwash about him not making others around him better, because he does. I have seen numerous players all of a sudden doing the euro to mild success. so he is obvously teaching, he is also a great facilatator and passer. There is so much hatred for him that it blinds everyone. The truth is he is a young all-star bordering superstardom.

He lacks defense and consistent effort, so he shouldnt be any higher than i would say 5 on the ladder, but he definately deserves recognition atleast in the top ten. As a side note, Love is one of the top contenders for the title of MVP, and he plays less or equal defense as harden and helps his team mates and makes his teammates better even less than harden.

So quik drinking the haterade and support your squad. so many damn pessimists on this board.

10. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Harden's stock has fallen this year because he's an embarrassment on defense and shows no consistent effort on defense. I truly feel many people don't take him as seriously, and to be honest, he shouldn't be taken too seriously as an upper echelon overall player until he gives a damn on the defensive end. Harden needs a real coach as well.

11. vvlzp

vvlzp Member

harden's D is much better

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Its still not good enough and not consistent enough.

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

I like Harden ..its ok if he is not on MVP ladder ..but no ok to be 2nd to Lin on all star game

Its a shame

14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

He doesn't need to be.

15. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Dude....... that's disgusting

16. NotChandlerParsons

Because the MVP ladder is garbage.

17. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

dudes got a soft D... if he had a tougher and faster D like Lebrons D then he would be a candidate.

18. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Lowry is on the MVP ladder 10

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If the Rockets had a bench that was capable of playing the game of basketball, therefore giving us a few extra wins and a higher spot in the standings, I betcha he'd be on there.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

How come Lin is not there :rolleyes: