1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans have secured the #1 pick!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Dec 29, 2013.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

So you didn't hear anything basically.

Thanks for the disinformation.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

and thanks for your worthless posts cluttering the thread , people like you are a big reason we don't get much inside info around here .

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Sorry if I came off rude, it might have just hit me how bad the Texans were this year.

I honestly am not a scout, but I see one negative about Teddy(lack of size). But have you seen Brady's combine picture, or look at someone like Russel Wilson who is 5'11 on a good day. Either you have it or you don't, and Bridgewater looks like a guy who as sure of a thing as you can get.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Just curious is this the first time you come out with inside info for the Texans on this Rockets message board?

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He's just making stuff up, we don't even have a coach yet so there is no way we have a draft strategy yet!

6. J Hard

J Hard Member

It would be idiotic to trade down 'because the team needs alot of help'

lamest reasoning ever.

For those who don't understand, the NFL is a HC/QB league, and when you have that, ie NE, NO, DEN, GB, Peyton/Dungy when in Indy, SEA, San Fran etc you will be perennial successive franchise.

Trading down to fill holes will be the worse decision this team can make.

You have a really good QB ( Teddy B if he declares) available, and hopefully O'Brien joins the band and we have one heck of a start.

You can trade down the 2nd round pick if teams are desperate, maybe, but not pick 1-1.

A great HC/QB duo is everything in the NFL.

7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

This is horrendously simplistic. I have watched Seattle all year. As good as Wilsin is, the team would not be where they are without Lynch and the OL. If you don't have a good OL and the threat of a running game. You will get obliterated in this league regardless of who your QB is.

8. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

manziel >birdwater

birdwater will be a bust..

mark it

9. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

you make one compelling argument..

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I never claimed to have any "inside" info .. just something I heard second hand from someone that works near the texans .. it's a long time till draft day , no need for you pro bridgewater guys to get your panties all bunched up every time something non bridgewater is brought up ..

11. Major

Major Member

Your inside info is that (a) the Texans are looking to trade down and (b) the Texans have no idea what they will do yet.

:confused:

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

terrible post.

seattle has one of the worst OL's per PFF

if you have "watched Seattle all year", you would realize what a real franchise qb can do for a team.

13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Any chance we can flip picks with St. Louis and take back Bradford? I think O'Brien could help Bradford realize his full potential.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

clown-post-bro

15. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Just thinking outside the box, bro. I'd prefer Bradford over any QB in this draft except maybe Teddy. He has been in a terrible situation in St. Louis from day 1.

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

do your homework.

bradford makes big time money.

texans have a schaub cap hit of 10.5mil spread out over the next two years.

Bradford money + Schaub cap hit = adding to the cap problem.

texans have to get low cost production from the qb position over the next 2 seasons. (i.e. rookie qb)

and it's not "just thinking outside the box". you are posting the first thing that comes to your mind. think before you speak... errr.... type.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

I trust Rick Smith with a 1st round pick more than I do picks in later rounds. So in that sense I'm more optimistic than usual.

18. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Rich and compelling.

What are tomorrow's lottery numbers while you're at it?

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm pretty sure that's considered "inside info", second hand or not so yes you claimed to have inside info.

Haha, its more like maybe you have something against Bridgewater, since we all have our panties in a bunch.

It looks more like throwing a pebble in a pond and hoping for a big splash on your end. But either way I'd be happy to get a kings ransom for a #1 overall, if its worth it.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

And Wilson was 75th pick right? Ok I get it, you love you some Teddy. But trading down makes perfect sense when you need alot of help and Bridgewater is your best option at qb.