1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Gil

Gil Member

If Harden isn't a superstar then how the hell is Kevin Love one?

Stupid post.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You don't see the irony in your post?

3. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Kevin Love is probably on the same stardom-level of Harden. All-star but not a superstar.

Paul George is without a doubt a superstar.

4. valorita

valorita Member

Only 3 superstars... Lebron, kd, cp3

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Why do you think whenever a PG (none that are worth mentioning other than parker) has a bad game that it means their guard "shut them down"?

How many times has harden simply, shut himself down? or other players getting good looks or shots, just having a bad night.

You can't use the opponents performance to gauge the defense played, especially on PGs that aren't consistently good anyway.

lol these delusional fans always blame another player if lin doesn't go full out 20+ a game.

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

To me, a superstar, should be both an elite player and international well know. In this case, really only Lebron, Durant, and CP3 is on the list. I think last year's game with Miami and the trip overseas has up Paul George's presence a lot (internationally). Love doesn't get too much love because of his injury last year and Wolvers aren't going anywhere. CP3.......gotta love those State Farm commercials...

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You made this list of superstars and didn't include Howard.

Howard is without a doubt a superstar.

8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

From King James himself.

9. Billionzz

I'm curious if you would have posted the same post if it was Bev who shut down 3 pg's in a row.

Face the facts, Lin is playing better D than Bev was. Why is that so hard for you to except? Lin came up big in the 4th quarter two games in a row to help the Rockets win the game, that's what very good players do.

Why is it so hard for so many board members to give a Rocket player credit when he plays well.

10. mikus

mikus Member

Have you guys noticed that the last couple of games when Lin has started slow, he doesn't try to shoot until at least 7 min into the game? I think tonight he didn't shoot his first shot until there was 4 min left in the first quarter. I know he's trying to involve his teammates, but not shooting for so long might be hurting himself.

11. mikus

mikus Member

I love how Jrue Holiday and Mike Conley are suddenly "not very good". :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  12. Billionzz

Your right, Harden is a superstar, and most of the world realizes this and doesn't have a hard time believing it.

Harden has been injured pretty much the whole season. He was moving great in the preseason and he hasn't moved like that once during the regular season, but he still is able to put up good numbers. I really hope he sits out the allstar game and gets better or only plays a few minutes.

13. Billionzz

Exactly, many people said Jrue was so great when Bev played well against him, and now that Lin did also, he's not any good at all.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Love has never played in a single playoff game, not a one. Not a superstar.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Link?

16. Crossoverth

Crossoverth Member

I think in general the rockets is better with Lin on the court

17. torocan

torocan Member

Sample size is still too small to conclusively say who's playing better defense I suspect.

Though I think there's probably enough to say that Lin and Beverley are both probably at least average to above average defenders. 3 x PG's scoring so poorly through pure luck is fairly unlikely.

18. tonman

tonman Member

Individual accolades such as "superstar" is not predecated on team performance. There are hall of famers with no ring. I welcome the fact that love is on a small market team. Durant got Westbrook (AND harden) and has other pieces. Minny is in a tough conference. Love is a superstar.

19. Billionzz

I'm not finding a link for you.

I'm not somebody that just makes up stuff.

20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

This team needs a stronger bench if it is to be any chance in the playoffs. The two most important elements are Asik and Lin. Asik brings the defense, Lin puts the offense together and gets into a groove. Then we have the luxury of playing them Lin and Bev together to finish game or go offense for defense.

The first game against Portland we have Lin and Bev together. Bev would guard Lilliard and we would find ways to use Lin to attack Lillard and it seemed to wear him out.

Lin fans, check your ego