1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 12/28/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Parsons 3rd most untouchable player on this roster.Unless we get an allstar in return he isn't going anywhere.

2. ChippedToothLin

Hopefully our players didn't try too hard in prep for tomorrow.

Harden's pretty nice with the corner step back fade away

3. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Really have to give props to Jones tonight. His plays throughout have been momentum changers.

Overall bad shooting night for the team apart from Dwight Bieber n Jones but we still managed to acrap out a win and keeping our season TO average. =P

Made my day when the last Harden iso went in. And to be fair, Harden deserved the D in his name today.

Go Rockets!!

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

He's probably the #1 untouchable, simply due to his current pay and production? You're getting a $10 mi player production out of < $1 mil player.

5. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

they got open looks and ball just not falling, including some layups by Lin, I think it's due to fatigue from locking down Holiday to 1/9. if some of them rolled in, it would be a 10 points lead and the Pelicans would be in a pit never able to climb up. but it didn't happened so they have to find a way to win and i think now they know how to do it, just lay down solid D and wait for the shots to go in, once it start to turn their way they reversed and pulled away in 5 minutes.

IMO this game is as good as the Spurs one, Ryan Anderson has always been a tough match up out there and they still pulled it out when things were not going their way, one of the strong teams signature is when shots not falling they still can find a way to win, and I can see they are starting to get the feel of it.

6. mclawson

mclawson Member

It's Jeremy Lin. Expectations are high. I expect him to play to the level that his biggest fans think he plays up to. Every play of every game. He's Jeremy Lin, after all.

7. cpan

cpan Member

consider how much he get paid I'd like put him on the 1st

8. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Blasphemy!!!

Great game tonight, despite struggling. I love the clutch level of our players. Some players just have it, they have that extra gear in the 4th.

Lin/Harden/Parsons have that gear. I know Lin/Parsons are recruiting but I love the starting five right now, they're gaining crucial time with each other and will only continue to improve.

Once Bev/Asik comes back, we'll be even more deep.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Nice game to come back and win. Pelican coach Monty Williams was asked about the FTs and he just kept silent for a bit then repeated 32 to 8.

Tomorrow big game against the Thunder. I hope DMo gets some PT.

10. Xfinity

Xfinity Member

Haha even those guys had stretches of bad games throughout their career let alone in their 2nd year. I just think it is absurd for people to say Lin has not been consistent this year because he had off games or quarters. Ridiculous standard for someone who is not supposed to be that good.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The bench really needs to stop it up.

The starters outplayed the Pelicans' starters consistently but it's been our bench that has been giving up leads.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man would Ryan Anderson be GREAT on this team.

DD

13. bws

bws Member

Is he? Is that part of Jones turning it around after the bad stretch? Something has changed. If so, what has Lin done to achieve that?

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

>pass around perimeter
    >pass more around perimeter
    >jack a 3

REPEAT

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin more of an offensive threat

-> D sags off Jones

16. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

is he still injured?

17. bws

bws Member

Really? It's more like McHale didn't let him play and not realize he could stink for 3Q and then play well in the 4Q. He did that time after time with the Knicks. He was more putting pressure on himself and thinking the coaches didn't believe in him than demoralized by not shooting well in earlier quarters.

18. Nook

Nook Member

If you would trade the entire Rockets team for Davis, you are foolish. He already has injury problems and his team is not doing all that well.

19. bws

bws Member

Someone is going to have a good game against Lin in an upcoming game. I hope CF isn't expecting every opposing point guard to have the types of games like the opponents did the last 3 games. It may be RJ. We'll see.

20. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

He also switched onto Evans at times..