1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Second All-Star returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 26, 2013.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Have you ever been given something that you did not deserve? Something other people deserved more? If you have pride, it would be embarrassing. Would he be thankful, yes. But would it piss off your peers? Yeah.

I think Jeremy is underrated but not even a top 10 guard in the West.

2. Sanity2disChaos

Which is crazy because of the need for a pf on this team. The west is stacked at the PF spot.The PG spot is deep also..

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Good post.. top 10 might be a stretch, but good post.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Pretending race has nothing to do with it is every bit as silly as pretending race has everything to do with it. Tiger Woods wouldn't have become as wildly popular as he did if he'd been white. Neither would the Williams sisters. Being a bit of a pioneer in a professional sport lends itself to popularity, and a fanbase that might not otherwise follow the sport. There's nothing wrong with it, nor is there anything wrong with acknowledging it (IMO).

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

On another note, I noticed that the Rockets have stopped promoting Asik via social media:

[​IMG]

I'd stopped voting for him anyway, but that gave me a little chuckle.

6. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

YOU think Jeremy is not a top 10 guard in the west. How do you know what Jeremy thinks?

7. tmacfor35

Not a top 10 guard.

And I am a reasonable human being with pride. I assume you have some too? Are you trolling?

8. tmacfor35

Harden,Curry,Paul,Lilliard,Westbrook,Parker,Ginobli,Crawford,Bledsoe,Holliday,Kobe, and need I go on? Ok I will, Eric Gordon, Conley,Isaiah Thomas.

9. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

If you care so much about NOT voting for Jeremy than do your argument a favor and go vote for the other guards to offset Lin's votes. Put some action into your complaint about a popularity contest.

Also, glad I logged on tonight. It reminded me to tweet my vote for Jeremy Lin and the other Rockets! Also, I'm only voting more than usual because of you naysayers! Haha!

2 people like this.
  10. RRockets

RRockets Member

I don't know what he would feel and I don't care what the voting result it will be.
    The thing is, who gives you the power to dictate what other fans should do?

11. tmacfor35

The thing is I don't care if you do or do not vote. It was said in a joking manner. But if you were put in his shoes, I can almost guarantee he wants no part of being voted in LOL.

12. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Maybe, just maybe, Jeremy's self belief in his game is a tad higher than that of some random internet guy.

Maybe he believes he is better than a good portion of these players. Maybe that kind of self-belief is why he is in the NBA.

13. tmacfor35

Considering 3 games ago he was backing up Patrick Beverely, I doubt it. Jeremy's a really good player, but he isn't an allstar. Plain and simple.

14. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

What does him backing up Patrick Beverley have to do with his self-belief as a player? Since when did he have a choice in the matter?

Again, saying that Jeremy is a good player, but not an all-star "plain and simple", that's you talking, and has nothing to do with what Jeremy thinks of himself as a player.

15. langal

langal Contributing Member

I vote for Lin 10 times a day.

2 people like this.
  16. Neped

Neped Member

He needs to make better decisions when handling the ball, create less turnovers and have a more consistant jump shot. Then and only can he be considered a top 10 pg. But he's showing improvement in his game

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

That's really lame if Jeremy Line makes the all star game. I still have no idea how he is on any NBA roster much less the All Star roster. What a joke. There far too many better players at his position.

18. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

What a dumb argument. Know who else is a "back up" player on the ballot: Ray Allen, Manu, Isaiah Thomas (before he got moved to starter), JR Smith, etc.

And selection to the ballot is not random, a committee of people who cover the NBA made selection, as noted by the NBA:

The ballot consists of 120 players (24 backcourt players and 36 frontcourt players per conference, each NBA team has between 3-6 players) that had been selected by a panel of media who regularly cover the NBA: Greg Anthony (NBA Digital), Mary Schmitt Boyer (Cleveland Plain Dealer/PBWA), Zach Lowe (Grantland), and John Reid (New Orleans Times Picayune).

Also, who is soo weak-minded that they left me the silly comment: "grow up LOF". At least direct quote me so I know who you are.

1 person likes this.
  19. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I hope you're also voting just as much for Parsons, Harden, and Howard so we can have complete Rockets domination at the All-Star game.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree 100%. Have you watched Blazer games this year?

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.