1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Second All-Star returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 26, 2013.

1. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Harden and Parker I'll agree but Lillard is overrated.
    Lin is having a better season than he is in my opinion.

PPG:
    Lillard: 21.5 on 16 FGA
    Lin 14.6 on 9 FGA

Lillard scores 7 more points per game on 7 more shot attempts.
    Lin's points per shot is 1.58. Going by this, if Lin took 7 more shots per game his average would be 25.6 PPG.

Lillard shoots the three ball better but that's about it imo. His usage is also much higher yet he only averages about an assist more than Lin who plays second and even third fiddle behind Harden and Parsons.

2. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

Lillard has higher usage rate as well.

Its incredible efficient of Lin if you consider his minutes.

3. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Guys gotta vote more for Harden, Howard, Lin & Parsons! Imagine if they all got in :)

4. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Bull... I will vote for Rockets' players and to me they are more popular than other team players. I want to watch Rockets' players play in All star game. Who really care whether they deserve it or not.

5. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Yes, isn't that the point of the All-Stars game. It's about who the fans like the most and want to see. I thought that was clear?

This isn't the All-NBA team.

Of course he's deserving. Remember, the All-Stars game is a about who the fans want to see. And since Lin has a lot of fans, then why isn't he deserving?

Excellent post.

His race is also a huge part why he's considered an underdog. A lot of casual basketball fans like that he seems to be a regular guy with a hard work ethic. And that's why they're fans.

Yi Jianlian is also Asian (and from China) but he never got nearly enough votes. Why? Because he was lazy and people didn't like him. Not even by other Chinese fans.

They already have an All-NBA team.

The All-Stars game is democracy at it's finest.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I feel like the NBA needs to take players off of the list if they haven't played all season or have only played in one or two games. In no way shape or form does Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, or Kobe freaking Bryant deserve to be playing in the all-star game. By that time Kobe should be healthy but the fact that he will probably be starting over Harden in the All-star game is ridiculous. If it was any other healthy player I would be fine with that but Kobe has only played in one game all year. That is just stupid. My starting 5 for the West

Howard
    Aldridge
    Durant
    Harden
    Paul

7. lin00

lin00 Member

That many?

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Always find it funny that there are Rox fans who is mad that rox players is getting votes and posting his frustrations in a rox forum.

Maybe they are not rox fans?

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

We got over 2 million ppl in this city. If we all just voted ONCE for our players they'd all be leading in the AS votes. Think about that and quit your whining.

1 person likes this.
  10. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

China voting. Doesn't China have like a billion people? You would think Jeremy Lin should have millions of votes just from China alone.

Also, screw voting for the best player. You think other fans are really doing the same thing? I'm voting for an all-Rockets lineup and I sure as hell did tweeted for Jeremy Lin because he is a Rocket.

2 people like this.
  11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

Who cares if Jeremy Lin is getting votes? Thats what this format is, its a big popularity contest, and Lin is popular, its the reason Kobes getting votes, Rose is getting votes, its a popularity contest.

stop acting like Lin getting votes is some horrifying slap in the face to his peers, everyone knows the format lends to this, and if it helps beef up Harden/Parsons/Dwight/even asik?? chances then who cares

12. conquistador#11

take away the game where he got injured and the two getting back from the knee and he still averages 16.7 a game shooting 1/100 of the shots JR smith shoots.
    anyone who doesn't think lin could be a 19 ppg in a system where he is the second in command taking more shots is high or just doesn't like him.

we need lin you guys just don't know it yet.

eh, all stars. who sits where at the cafeteria, you got the art freaks, math geeks, jocks..etc

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

The East will have a frontcourt of LeBron/Melo/PG??? LOL Dwight 4 MVP

14. Chris Jent MVP

Jeremy Lin has too many votes booo hooo!!!

Lin haters make this forum into trash.

1 person likes this.
  15. TheJet

TheJet Member

This, this, this.

The All Star game is often regarded as a measure of a players skill levels. That's not entirely correct. While elite players are often popular, not all popular players are elite. And not all elite players are popular (much smaller sample). IIRC the All NBA team is selected by peers and coaching staffs. If you want a pure measure of the people who should be the most qualified to judge a player, check that out.

The ASG is for the fans, by the fans, for entertainment. Why shouldn't it have the most popular players?

16. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Man at least the Chinese fan base if voting for Lin, Yao, and undoubtedly other Rockets. I don't recall that Yi guy, Zhi Zhi, Bateer, and anyone getting voted in strictly b/c they are Chinese. Yao and Lin deserving of votes.

1 person likes this.
  17. Chris Jent MVP

EXACTLY.

Chinese fans are true NBA fans, not only Chinese players. Kobe and others also get Chinese votes!

Clutchfans grudge against China/Asia needs to stop. It is killing this place.

18. deshen

deshen Member

That is a TMac Fan, what can you expect?

19. Chris Jent MVP

If you want to see how many votes CF contributed, just count Beverley's votes.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't make yourself look foolish with extreme statements like the bolded.

This season alone, the top vote getters are LeBron, KD, Wade, Paul George, Kobe, CP3, and Dwight. Six of those 7 players happen to be the best (top 10) players in the league. The only exception is Kobe (and he was arguably top 10 last season). Looks like the fans are indeed right sometimes. In fact, they're mostly right every year. MJ, Shaq, Mailman, Barkley, Ewing, Olajuwon, DRob, etc were always top vote getters back in the day. Why? Because they were the best players (and popular). As I previously stated, there are exceptions every year where fans vote ignorantly, but they MOSTLY get it right.