1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Second All-Star returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 26, 2013.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Kind of like Lin lol.

1 person likes this.
  2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Idgaf if a Rocket player isn't "deserving", if you are a Rocket fan you want as many All-Stars on the roster as you can.

If Jamaal Magloire can be an All-Star, so can Jeremy Lin.

3. Gil

Gil Member

The most entertaining players will always get the most votes. It's been like that for years.

People would rather see Athletic dunks and Crazy handles from Blake Griffin and Kyrie Irving than Aldridge shooting mid range jumpers all day. Or Kevin Love shooting 3's.

4. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

ASG is such a joke.... The whole weekend is..

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

except kobe is popular for what he was (a ruthless champion in the past), jeremy is popular because of his race and China voting.

Generally if youre a fan of the NBA and not one player, you will vote in the best player

6. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

the funny part is that the head coaches were the ones who put him in the game, same with Okur, Chris Gatling etc

7. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Harden's already made the allstar game last year.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

LOL....what part of "voting" don't you understand?:rolleyes:

9. torocan

torocan Member

I couldn't care less what Kobe did in previous years in terms of THIS year's All Star game. Kobe was great before and he might be great again. However, right now he's NOT great on the court.

Kobe isn't the best player this year. He's played a handful of games. The All Star game should be about active players, not inactive players.

Lin is popular for a variety of reasons and has a wide fan base. Whatever the reasons it doesn't really matter. Some players get more votes due to playing on high profile teams or higher than average media coverage. Just look at Tim Duncan and his vote counts... if it wasn't for Coach votes how many All Star games would he have been in? If fans want to vote for Lin, I couldn't care less. That's up to them.

I'm just opposed to voting in players that are NOT playing. I was opposed to Yao getting votes when he was injured. I was opposed to Rose's votes last year when he didn't suit up for a single minute last year. I'm still opposed to Kobe and Rose out of principle until they show they can stay on the court.

For me, the All Star game is about voting on currently Active players you want to see in the All Star game. That rarely has anything to do with being the best player as we've seen through the years. However, it should be about players that actually, you know, PLAY.

10. cw3k

cw3k Member

Please don't bring the race into this. Lin is popular because he is an underdog with a great work ethic.

Kobe is more popular in China than Lin. As much as I don't like Kobe, Kobe is a winner and a competitor. It is unfortunately he got injured.

11. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Kobe's reputation precedes him so that's where he gets all the votes. Lin does seem to get tons of Facebook votes (meaning a lot of people that probably don't care too much about basketball). China is a small part of his votes....he had the full backing of China he would be up there with Kobe....just saying. The votes for Parsons and Asik are byproducts of Lin.....plain and simple.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Kobe should be taken out just like Yao and Tracy were when both had injuries that kept them out mostly the entire season.

Ridiculous how fan voting is so slanted.

I say you split it 50% fan voting 50% coaches voting, all the way thru.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Looks like 106,309 of the NBA Allstar votes come from the female 7-18 years old demographic.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But it wasn't during the 5 year extension.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/3407/houston-rockets-salary-cap-james-harden/

The fifth year of Harden’s extension is actually only 50% guaranteed, but it becomes fully guaranteed if Harden meets any one of several incentives that should be fairly easily attainable for him. Such incentives include making at least one All-Star team starting next season (so this season [2012-13]doesn’t count), playing a key role in the Rockets advancing to the second round of the playoffs, or meeting certain statistical marks (which are geared to avoid a ball-hogging situation in order to meet them).

15. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Member

can't wait for curry to be done in a couple of years...i can't stand the guy. entirely overrated.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

4. Jeremy Lin (Hou) 358,725

You conveniently didn't mention this.

Fail

Rose and Kobe are popular + have more game.

funny

Wrong... players that are voted in usually are the best players. There are exceptions every year, but mostly, fans get it right.

17. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Curry is a great player and passer. His defense has also improved somewhat this season.

18. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Member

great shooter, good passer, glass ankles. Can't be the best player on a championship team either - just doesn't have the game.

19. webattorney

webattorney Member

response

You can vote who you want. Stop telling others to vote or not vote for certain players.

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I didn't tell anybody to vote for anybody, your reading comprehension is poor.

Also I never said that Kobe is deserving, I simply stated why hes getting a ton of votes and why Lin is also getting votes; Kobe for his fans and former championship past and Lin because he is asian