1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 12/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 22, 2013.

1. SugarLandDream8

Bev's defense is not that good. He was destroyed the last time the Rockets played the Mavs and the Rockets lost.

Bev played 37 minutes the last game

He scored 9 points on 3-9, 33.3 FG%

He was ineffective on D guarding the Mavs PGs

Calderon 13 points, 4-8, 50 FG%
    Larkin 8 points, 3-5, 60 FG%

Ellis was on fire the last game with Bev in the game.

Ellis 37 points on 13-18 FG %

Lin only played 17 minutes
    Rockets lost

Tonight the PG position was a wash

Lin 20 points on 6-10, 60 FG%

Calderon 15 points on 6-12, 50 FG%

They pretty much guarded each other all game long

Back up PG

Mekel 2 points on 1-5, 20 FG%

Ellis who was guarded by Garcia most of the game shot badly especially compared to his amazing game the last time he faced the Rockets with Bev starting and playing 37 min

Ellis 4-16, 25 FG%

Bev playing would also not have effected the Mav's 3 point shooting. Most of the 3s were made by players Bev would not have guarded

SF Crowder 3-5 from 3 point line
    SG Carter 2-3 from 3 point line
    PF Dirk 1-3 from the 3 point line

That is 6 out of the 11 3s made.

The other 5 threes made were from

Calderon 3-7
    Ellis 2-3

Bev didn't stop either the last game and in fact Ellis played much worst this game and Calderon and Lin were a wash.

2. gregas

gregas Member

The differences are marginable:

Goran 18,3ppg 3reb 6ast 48% fg
    Eric 18,9ppg 4,5reb 6,3ast 49,5% fg

It's true that Eric is junger and might improve even more, but right now they're nect to neck, playing very well together and complimenting each other nicely.

Eric tends to be an out of control bullet, an aggressive scorer, and goran is somebody that will calm things down, pull the game together and orcestrate a more organised offense. For some reason goran also tends to push the pace more and create better shot opportunities.

3. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Rondo is awesome, but he's not even playing at this time. And why stop at Rondo? Let's get CP3.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why do you have to find a punching bag for every game anyways?

He is coming back from injuries, hasn't played for 10+ games.

Jones and Casspi had horrible games

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Dwight is our best player, but I see you're point.

6. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

And giving up 15 points to the opponent is a good game for Harden.

7. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Parsons and Dwight each had 4 TOs tonight. This team has a problem with it in general. Bev may not make many TOs, but he also doesn't run any plays that would increase the risk of having them.

8. SugarLandDream8

How good was Beverly's D the last game vs the Mavs?

Not that good. In fact the Mavs Pgs and Ellis played much better last game than tonight.

9. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Who asked you for supporting numbers? :mad: :)p)

[​IMG]

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Yeah, like I said their numbers are nearly identical but apparently those marginal differences equals being shown up to some people. And also those +/- numbers I posted look pretty staggering to me.

11. gene18

gene18 Rookie

You really sound hurt DD. Take it easy.Your blood pressure is going through the roof. I am very sorry I offended you. I now understand the Lin caused the Rockets to lose. He hurts the team with his horrible and pathetic play. I understand now. Thank you for setting me straight.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Considering we almost had Paul.

13. pnr

pnr Member

+/- isn't a good stat to use when the sample size is so small. The Suns were terrible last year without Bledsoe. Bledsoe is a dangerous scorer who can change the direction of a team. I was skeptical of him last year but he's proven that he is pretty legit.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They sure did, but Lin leaving his man open was noticably poor.

And Jones tonight, pretty ****ty, huh?

Glad I could help.

;)

DD

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's always the 3rd or 4th quarter that the team breaks down

Surprise, surprise

16. Exel

Exel Member

I only counted three 3's that were made by Lin's assignment and all those were due to Jeremy Lin's over help as numerous commenters pointed out.

2nd quarter 5:58 mark. Jose hit a wing three. Vince beat Garcia on a penetration from the wing to the middle. Jeremy rotated to stop penetration at the free throw line. Vince passed it to Jose for the three.

3rd quarter 10:11 mark. Jose hit another three from the wing. Monta beat Parsons on high pick roll. Lin went in to collapse. Monta jumped in the air and passed it to Jose who hit the three.

4th quarter 9:37 mark. Monta hits corner three. Dirk receives ball in high post and Parsons goes to double him. Dirk passes to Crowder, who blows by Parsons trying to recover. Jones rotates to stop Crowder. Lin rotates to cover Wright, who was Jones' man. Crowder fumbles the ball in the lane and passes to Monta in the corner.

I guess Lin needs to trust Dwight and Terrence will handle all the penetration and just stick to his man instead of rotating to help out and get the other team to take the less efficient shot.

17. NickKent

NickKent Member

Was at game, Dallas shot lights out from three and Dirk went off, but that one ref David Jones was absolutely awful with his phantom foul calls.

18. SugarLandDream8

So the 11 threes made by the Mavs was the fault of Jeremy?

SF Crowder 3-5 from 3 point line
    SG Carter 2-3 from 3 point line
    PF Dirk 1-3 from the 3 point line

That is 6 out of the 11 3s made.

The other 5 threes made were from

Calderon 3-7
    Ellis 2-3

Bev didn't stop either the last game and in fact Ellis played much worst this game and Calderon and Lin were a wash.

Last game with bev playing 37 minutes

Ellis and Calderon were beasting but lets forget about reality and live in a fantasy world were Lin the PG is responsible for the 3s made by players guarded by Lin's teammates

19. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Jesus christ at all the harsh criticism our pg's get. A lot of you need to STFU and get off the backs of lin and beverly. We run a system where the ball is not always in the hands of our PG. It's only natural that their assist numbers won't be high. My god, some of you fans just pick out the dumbest things to b**** and moan about

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Lin fans:

Rockets win/lose & Jeremy plays bad
    [​IMG]

A) Lin never has bad games - TEAM's FAULT!!! TEAM's FAULT!!!
    B) Lin had a bad game, but HARDEN BEVERLY PARSONS RAWR RAWR Tyson Chandler

Rockets win/lose & Jeremy plays well
    [​IMG]

A) Good to see Jeremy play well, more touches screens HARDEN BALLHOG Tyson Chandler