1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 12/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 22, 2013.

1. chandlerbang21

Curry and Ellis same height I think

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lies !

Brooks is small but he stays on his man.

Stop making excuses for Lin - he is PUTRID on defense - as he continually ball watches and drifts off his man.

DD

3. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

You're just making assumptions. How do you know what McHale is telling them to do defensively? He might me emphasizing helping in the paint. Also if that's not the case, guess what, it's his job to tell the players off and bench them if need be.

4. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

He is always in trade discussions. It is not our call. Recover or Not, when Morley gets the right offer, bye-bye Lin.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

sorry to mods for derailing thread. :(

#1265 redhotrox, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  6. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I find this ironic LOL

7. DaDakota

I know right - the funny thing is that I look at rosters to figure who the best coach would be.

I hated JVG his last year as I thought for that team he was not a good fit, ironically, I think he would be the BEST fit for this team.

I know....pass me the Waffle Iron, I am making WAFFLES !

DD

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Don't worry guys, tanking teams must be loving what they are seeing from Lin, sooner or later he will get traded and everyone will be happy.

9. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

brooks is too small to be considered a defensive guard in the NBA. Lin actually has defensive potential. His head was lost in space one too many times. Don't know wha the was thinking tonight.. it was painful to watch Lin losing Calderon 2-3 times.

10. pnr

pnr Member

Wow, really? I wonder why Lin has never been apart of a lottery team when he's gotten significant minutes? Hmmm hmmmmm?

11. yummyhawtsauce

lol wut?

12. Exel

Exel Member

The Mavs hit 11 3's and you're saying half of them are a result of Lin leaving his man open. You guys are ridiculous. I guess Lin is supposed to guard two players at same time when he's on the floor right?

13. DaDakota

It is EVERY night, Lin always leaves his man, but most teams don't have Calderon or Crowder out there to shoot, and it was a LOT more than 2 or 3 times.

WTF are you talking about - I would settle for Lin guarding his own man.

He continually leaves his man when his player is not involved in the play, he drifts into the lanes hoping to steal a pass or get a hand in, and leaves his man wide open.

Tonight and many nights when the other team has good shooting the Rockets team pays the price.

Lin is undisciplined out there, he plays like he has zero clue on what is important on defense.

No excuses, the TRUTH IS THE TRUTH !

DD

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Lin's defensive figures compare very well to other point guards. The Mav's scored 111 this game was not a defensive failure.

15. bws

bws Member

I agree, let's stop the stupid trade rumors. The team has solid players. They'll commit and trust more if they know at least the key guys will stay together as a unit. McHale as much said so.

16. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Replay the game again....and watch all of Houston games...it's up to the coaches to put the hammer so suck it up and stop blaming Lin.

17. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Talking smack about Bev here is heresy. You watch your mouth! :p

18. dje243

dje243 Member

Also... How many times did Lin end up switching onto Dirk? I counted 5, including like 3 times in a row. Not sure if that's on Lin or what the Rockets were thinking...

19. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

it was more like 3-4, but it was really bad at crucial times in the game. Plus Lin missed 3 crucial FT's during the game he shouldn't miss. Yeah he's human, but Nash hit's 95% FTs and he's human too. So it is possible to be a 90% FT shooter. 5 TO's too, some not completely his fault and it was a chemistry issue.

20. TheresTheDagger

I think going forward, I'm going to skip watching Rockets/Mavericks games.

:(