1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe it's time for Rockets and Lin to part their ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by real_egal, Dec 14, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The Rockets are going for a chip this season. Lin is vital.

2. Lihao

Lihao Member

after 18 months and countless explanation, people still talk about the 15m , lmao

3. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

I don't think so. We beat the warriors quite handily without him and I expect the minutes in the playoffs to be similar to what we say against GS.

That makes Lin very expendable in my book.

4. Gil

Gil Member

This much discussion over a limited player like Lin. It boggles the mind, take ethnicity out of the equation and his rabid fanbase don't exist and so do the "haters".

Never seen an average player garner so much attention before.

5. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Yeah no one is talking about a cap hit of 15 million. He is paid 5 million cash this season and 10 the next. That's a lot of money. That extra cash is more than OKC were willing to poney up for Harden.

Even if you want to talk about the cap hit, the 8 million just isn't worth it for us. We might need the flexibility going forward to sign our 3rd star and getting Lin of the books now will help that.

Because it will be very difficult to move him after the deadline.

6. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Correction 10 extra million next season in hard cash.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

FIFY.

8. conquistador#11

i wish some of you could see the glow in Rosas face when he talks about lin,
    "One of Leslies's favorite players." Leslie is our owner.
    yeah the only way to make lex happy about parting with lin would be bringing in another star. if that can happen, everyone would be on board.

as for getting on lin for his last 2 games, knees are kind of important. first game he looked drenched in some icky sticky slime, second game he was moving better in the lateral sense but not by much. It's going to take another 2 or 3 games before we see pre -knee sprain lin. Every player on this team has carried the load on various occasions but let's forget that just because some don't like his fans or the fact that he only shops at express. seriously, have you tried other stores at the galleria, breeeh?

9. bws

bws Member

Yeah, well, good luck to that 3-guard rotation. It's nowhere near good enough in my view.

10. bws

bws Member

I think you need a "schooling" from Torocan. I hope he shows up. Basing how much you need a player on one or two games isn't very sound. We won some big games without Harden, so he's expendable too?

11. webattorney

webattorney Member

response

U forgot about his Harvard education. But I think his fans rabid reaction will disappear if they see him start at another team.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Lin is probably going to be a phenomenal NBA player. He is big enough to play the shooting guard and has improved remarkably over the summer. With Parsons and Harden the Rockets do not need a lot of assists from the point guard position. They need scoring punch and dribble penetration. A combo guard with a great first step. Dollar for dollar he may be about the best fitting guard in the NBA for the Rockets. And if you are as rich as Les a few million dollars is well worth bragging rights. It makes absolutely no sense for fans to be worried about about Les's money.

13. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

I'm sure he can be an above average NBA player. We don't need Lin's dribble penetration. A spot up shooter can do the job just fine for Harden to kick it out to.

Beverly could improve to fill this role better, and Brooks is there to chip in the odd time.

That cap space could be used better elsewhere. I guess the proof will be in the pudding, my own feeling is that Lin is gone by the trade deadline.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Don't know much about the NBA game do you?

15. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

I know enough to see that Lin is surplus to requirements on this team.

The longer he is here the more difficult it becomes to move him when we might want to maximize our cap space for a big FA signing in the off season to pair a third star with Harden and Howard.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

There are about six reams with a shot to get the ring this season. The Rockets are one of them. They have three new starters this season and will only get better as the season progresses. Lin is an integral member of the Rockets and much more important than Bev and AB together. Your evaluation of NBA talent and NBA team composition is incredibly faulty.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

I disagree, big Lin fan here but rockets since 90s. Lin is a great player off the for our team, but playoffs is another story, AB is proven before with the rockets and last year in the playoffs also. He's someone you can trust when the pressure is on to be smart and take care of the ball. he's better on D than brooks, but I still don't trust him in the playoffs. He's a Ayer that shows flashes of a all star but still a rookie when it comes to the playoffs. When Douglas turned the heat up on him vs the warriors he folded, that's what concerns me with Lin in the playoffs.

If morey wants the cap room he will move him and trust AB with 15 mins, Canaan will not be in the D-league this whole year, morey signed him and brooks for insurance.

18. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

There's a reason AB is not playing now that Lin's return. He's good in limited situations, there's a reason he signed here as the 3rd PG.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

I said Lin is the better around player, but I trust BROOKS more in a playoffs series. Playoffs and when the pressure is on is somewhere you gain respect not just give it to someone. If morey wants a room for 2014 he will move him & wouldn't think twice, things would be different if he was a starter.

Lin is on 8.3 a year contract and is solid so of course he's going to play back up in front of brooks.

20. bws

bws Member

I sure agree with that. Take Lin out of the Rockets this season and just play Brooks and AB and the Rockets may have 3 more losses.