1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My prediction Lin will be traded between Dec 15-19 (make yours)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Dec 11, 2013.

1. PatBeverleyFan

Random trade thread! Proposal or prediction doesn't matter If it's related to trading players. MOVE THIS!

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Dwight/Harden - untouchable
    Parsons - only if a trade includes getting a superstar in return
    Lin/T. Jones - too much upside to dangle unless the deal makes us considerably better this year and puts us in a position to further contend moving forward.

everyone else - up for grabs.

Like I said in my thread, I think we're in a very good position to contend right now. No matter who comes in world championships are never guaranteed.

We have a vehicle that has the talent to win it all right now, so let's stop worrying about the mechanism itself and concern ourselves with who's driving it.

McHale is this key here, not the talent.

3. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Do you honestly expect any team will actually trade any of these team's players for Lin?

If any of this trade goes down I will personally offer to drive Jeremy to the airport.

4. basketballholic

Sure. But not as currently constructed. If you put Lin back on this team after we trade Lin and Asik we could probably win a lot of rings. But right now his contract combined with Asik's contract and unhappiness with his role means they have to go and Morey is looking to upgrade...not go backwards.

5. basketballholic

I think we may get a bite on trading Lin for a large expiring contract like Hedo or Granger or Khump, etc. And I think there is already a deal on the table for Lin for one of those guys or an Ilyasova/Ridnour or Udoh combination.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Wow. Have you thought about writing long and wordy fantasy novels for a living? Lin is not going anywhere for the simple reason that the Rockets have only two players that can create off of the dribble - Lin and Harden. People may wonder why the Rockets offense has seemed somewhat anemic the last five games. They do not have to look further than Lin's absence. The big man and four three point shooters offense absolutely requires a player on the floor who can penetrate to break down the defense.

7. basketballholic

But you know and understand we are going to deal Asik. And we also know Morey's modus operandi. He's looking to upgrade. Not go sideways.

And Lin does not have the upside of Isaiah Canaan....or Beverley...and what we can possibly get for a combination of Lin and Asik going out.

8. torocan

torocan Member

Is there a reason this isn't in the *already* existing TRADE thread?

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Man, someone is obsessed.

But who knows, maybe it'll happen. Maybe Jeremy himself got tired of being the whipping boy when someone else ignored calls from the bench.

Forget in this scenario that Les Alexander is Jewish and the irony of him in the Ramses role:

Jeremy-Moses: Let my people go.

Ramses-Les: No. I care not of the plague of turnovers or missed three pointers. You make me too much money, Jeremy-Moses. I will not let you or your people go.

Ramses Junior-Morey: If you let Jeremy-Moses and the LOF's go, I'll get something better and we'll be in the championship hunt. THINK of the money!

Ramses-Les: Done. Go, Jeremy-Moses! And take your people with you!

(cut to scene of long snaking line of LOF's marching away from Toyota Center, across Discovery Green, Jeremy-Moses at their lead...

Jeremy-Moses: And yea though we march into the unknown, I....I mean, we...have been released from the bondage of coming off the bench...

LOF's: JEREMY-MOSES! JEREMY-MOSES!

10. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Too many words. Didn't read.

I don't think Jeremy will be traded before the off season. OP is just trying to put ideas into Morey's head.

In the meantime, Jeremy is getting better and better and better...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A numbers notebook, starting with the league's most improved shooters: <a href="http://t.co/OUuaGpgHRf">http://t.co/OUuaGpgHRf</a></p>&mdash; John Schuhmann (@johnschuhmann) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/statuses/410828361284734976">December 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/12/11/belinelli-most-improved-shooter/

11. basketballholic

At one time a few months ago I would agree with you that we needed Lin's ability to create off the dribble when Harden was out. But I don't believe that anymore. And I believe if we need a secondary playmaker we can find one. We've got Parsons. And we've got Brooks. Besides that we've got another guy at RGV who is just as good (given a little experience with the big team) as Lin. Brooks is not Lin. I understand that. But if we were able to trade for a guy like Love or Melo or some other 3rd/4th star, you don't need another playmaker like Lin. You need to get the ball to Harden, Love (or whoever), and Dwight. Besides that I just threw out Ilyasova/Ridnour for Lin. Ridnour can give us everything that Lin gives us playing off the bench with the second unit.

Lin is too easily replaceable for the role we have him in coming off the bench. I am predicting he's gone by Dec. 19, 90% probability with 10% probability that he is gone by Feb 20th.

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

Bev's ceiling is surpassing Eric Snow with a 3pt shot... That isn't exactly what I'd call considerable upside...

13. basketballholic

Guys, you can kill the post. That's ok. I made a thread because I wanted to see what your predictions would be regarding this roster over the next few weeks into the trade deadline. I'd like to read your analysis of what you think is going to happen and why. Not just your pot shots.

14. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

Are we just going to ignore how average Patrick Beverley is?

1 person likes this.
  15. yummyhawtsauce

Lin will still be talked about, even when traded.

16. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

People are taking pot shots because you haven't adequately explained why you think Lin should be traded.

17. basketballholic

I shouldn't have to explain why I think Lin should be traded. I explained why I think Lin WILL be traded. If he's traded, the person that would need to explain why he was traded would be Darryl.

Like I said, this is not a random trade proposal. It's a prediction.

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Reality check...

LIN IS NOT A STAR OR SUPERSTAR!!!!

Lin is a good player and that's as far as it goes....

T_Man

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

WHAT A WASTE OF SPACE, TIME and ENERGY!:p

20. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

---There's a guy in the D League who is better than Lin and Brooks...really???

You're done...thanks for sharing