1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linsanity the movie is on Youtube

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thebeardHtown, Nov 22, 2013.

1. dvr4me

dvr4me Contributing Member

Loved this-I understand Jeremy a lot more now-don't care what anyone says-He is just a great person!

2. dxdx

dxdx Member

It's his opinion, you don't have to be such an arse about it.

3. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

I just finished the movie. I literally believe that Jeremy will be more successful in the NBA. I mean he will be legit in the NBA no matter which team he plays at. He is just that kind of person. I am diehard fan of Houston rockets ever since Yao came to here. And I will be the fan of rockets for the rest of my life. But I am officially being as Jeremy fan from this very moment. IMHO, the situation right now is a bit tough for Jeremy because bev is in good shape and brooks is getting his touch. BUT BUT I believe from my heart Jeremy is gonna be fine and improve his game consistently. He so gets used to such situation throughout his career.

Im gonna download this Jeremy Lin movie and maybe one day I will watch it with my kids to inspire them for some reason. sorry I am a bit emotional right now. I understand we should involve more basketball and less race kind of thing right here. But I am proud of being Chinese more than ever.

Go rockets! Go Jeremy.

4. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

No film is worth seeing in a theater unless it's made for 3D. See Avatar or Gravity. Otherwise, you should rent or download all films.

5. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

/facepalm.

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

/facepalm

7. delta69er

delta69er Member

Just paid to watch this movie on Amazon then got on Clutchfans and see this thread. FML. :mad:

8. LAC

LAC Member

Thanks Panda23.

It's nice to know Lin's struggle especially the anxiety he had to deal with through all the ups and downs.

I really would like to see the Linsanity Lin again in Houston. That unconscious look, like he was possessed, has been missing for some time now.

9. Razsan

Razsan Member

Best line, Jeremy asks his brothers if Lebron is better than Kobe...they said you should know better than us you're there. he answers with a "I don't know I just have better seats"

10. ILoveWhiteGirls

Avatar and Gravity is only worth seeing in theaters?? Geez, you should explore more because you clearly are an IDIOT!!!!

11. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

You'll see a lot of smaller budget films if that happens. Also in the long run rental costs would go up to where movie tickets if you take away the most profitable distribution channel.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Thanks for the links. Gave it a watch, entertaining.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I stayed up to 2am watching it last night, totally enjoyed it.

DD

14. dxdx

dxdx Member

Thanks for the link, just had a watch.

It was alright overall, but I thought they could have worked their main theme into the documentary better what with the superficial coverage of racism, Lin's difficulties, the unpredictability of life and religion. It comes off slightly as a very well produced Blaiyan video with interviews.

15. bongman

bongman Member

Thanks. I really enjoyed it!

16. dchoye

dchoye Member

I been meaning to watch it and saw it last night. Good production. Very uplifting for me I miss the possessed look Lin had on the court. I sure he's still got some more Linsanity in him

17. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

watched it for free . . . nice :)

18. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Got home late last night, saw the link and watched it to the end.

Not the best direction or narration, but Lin's underdog story more than makes up for it. Living in the SF Bay Area, you see a ton of fans here. Jeremy's well-represented, especially in the peninsula where his family still lives. His high school is literally across the street from the Stanford campus. It's very telling that he couldn't at least get a tryout as a walk-on (if anything, as a token to PA's amazing 2A title season).

Best moments in the doc for me involved his childhood and insights into his strong family ties. Jeremy's parents did a phenomal job of instilling tremendous values (i.e. faith, academics, work ethic, respect and humility) in their three boys.

Overall, although I'm far from a LOF, I can admire his difficult journey and eventual arrival as Linsanity in NYC. But even more so, I wholly admire Jeremy's mature attitude towards bigotry. 'Laughing off' racial prejudice & blatant discrimination shows uncommon resolve and wisdom. The young man just keeps his chin up, works hard and ignores the noise. As he said, it's about finding the peace within in order to reclaim his joy for the game. His faith is real, and along with his failures, they have shaped Lin's character, quiet confidence and positive outlook on life.

Respect.

19. haydenfisher342

at the end of the film I looked to my wife, looked deep into her eyes and said "Its gods will for Jeremy Lin to win a championship."

She burst out laughing.

I didnt.

1 person likes this.
  20. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Jeremy was offered a walk-on to UCLA and Stanford, but there was a big downfall with Stanford.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/coach-says-jeremy-lin-was-misled-by-stanford-coach/