1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden or Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, May 12, 2013.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden's defense is no secret, but people just seem to enjoy discussing how bad he is as if he isn't even on our team.

I gurantee you there isn't a thread on OKC website of Westbrook vs Chris Paul and loads and loads posters just post 500 times in that thread to bash westbrook and prove Chris Paul is better.

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Bashing Harden is no different from bashing Lin.

3. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

give me a break, how many posters here bashed SteveO, Yao, Tmac day in day out?
    now Harden is somehow immune? gfoh, I never bashed Steve, Yao or Tracy, so its my turn now, he's my least favorite franchise player, sowhat?

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

just curious why.. i mean aside from his defense this year which might be related to his foot injury, what has he done worse than Steve, Yao, and Tracy combined?

5. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Anyone notice how George looks a lot like Tmac and has a lot of his mannerisms.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's just weird how "something to talk about" usually takes the form of what's wrong with the Rockets. This seems like the least appropriate place for that. This is not ESPN, it's ClutchFANS. It's reasonable if people like me come here to enjoy the Rockets, not read criticism of them. Am I uncool for not bashing any of the players? Well I don't need to be cool. So you think this board is like ESPN. . . .

Bashing Lin is equally lame.

Actually, most of the posters on page one were not even on CF for Steve, Yao or T-Mac. They're "the new breed." But you get a smiley face for patiently waiting your turn anyway. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

coz hes lazy and selfish?

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

playing 39 minutes a game makes him lazy and averaging the most assists in the team makes him selfish?

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Small sample size we just have to see how harden plays when he gets back and also how PG plays going forward for the whole season. One thing I do know tho is harden an elite offnsive player that you can build your whole offense around. IMO I'm not sure PG is that. Now I really don't know and none of us do but I can guarantee you they both will get a lot better over the next few years but the things PG does well (defense) is a lot easier taught than what harden can do(offense).

PG is hot right now and the new it kid. Harden was that guy last year. It's no different, look at hardens first 10 games he was avg close to like 30 ppg with 6 and 5 while leading a lot worse rockets team to wins last yr.

When PG scores 25 points in 14 straight games holler at me. When PG avg over 30 a game with over 7 rebounds and assist for a 5 game stretch while have a tru% over 60 let me know because these are all things harden did last yr with no Hibbert west or scola to take pressure off him. He had a recovering Lin and a unproven chandler parsons.

PG is a great player but harden has a chance to be one of the best 2 guards to play the game. pg won't ever be the best sf his whole career in the NBA yet harden is already rated the best sg. Just saying.

10. TmacDaGawd

TmacDaGawd Member

GM is having this discussion right now too lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blow out city baby. How are we contenders and the Pacers aren't?
    George Rapped Harden last year, Who forgot that? Like completely murdered him. What I dislike about Harden is that, He can get you 30! But what does it matter when he surrenders 22 points to Tony Allen? That's a 8+..

I love Harden and I truly believe that he's a top 10 NBA talent. He's going to be a great one. I just don't know if he can lead us to the promise land. He seems to busy living the life.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Simple our EX YOF/LOF loonie Convert thinks he is selfish because he impedes Lin from becoming a superstar.Thats why they hate James.It dosent matter if he leads the team in assists, but as long as he is overshadowing lin, he is selfish. It's ALL ABOUT LIN!

12. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

your LOF witch-hunting is so pathetic and down right stupid by now, go check my post history, I said multiple times Lin will never be an all star.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Except that Harden is a superstar and Lin is just an above average starter.

I'm not in favor of bashing either of them but there's definitely a difference.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It dosent take away from the fact you think he is selfish because he impedes lin. You can deny it all you like.

15. Gil

Gil Member

What kind of warped logic is this? Bashing is wrong either way considering they both play for Houston. Obviously there's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism though. All players need to be held accountable and it's starts with the Franchise player. I don't agree with the Harden is selfish brigade but his defense leaves a lot to be desired.

It's a shame he gets a pass for it from the organization while players like Parsons & Lin constantly get thrown under the bus despite facing much tougher assignments on a nightly basis. From Worrell to Morey they all pretend as if his matador defense is a myth.

As of now there's no doubt George is outperforming James. Harden is undoubtedly the better offensive talent but his elite defense puts him over the edge for me.

16. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Harden is not a superstar, not yet. He's lacking in accolades, but more importantly he's a subpar defender and he's not clutch at all. But the most damning piece of evidence against him being a superstar is that he is not a leader, he hasn't accepted the leadership role on this team. Neither has Dwight.

Right now, this team has good players but no leader. You can't be labeled a superstar unless you assume an accountable role.

17. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

James Harden is an elite offensive player.
    James Harden is an inadequate defender.

Paul George is a really good offensive player.
    Paul George is an elite defensive player.

18. omgTHEpotential

Yup. It's pretty much George by a landslide now, whereas last year it was more of a cointoss (Harden being a slight favorite) between those two.

19. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Paul George is also a better leader, if you base it on "leading by example".

It's easier to get a team to buy into your concept when your best player has the work habits of George. No one can really complain or sulk because the lead dog is busting his ass out there.

Which is why i'm hoping Harden has it in him to mature into this kind of player, as its going to reflect on the entire team during his tenure here.

If we need a hard-ass head coach and tougher vets, then lets get those ASAP while he's still not in his prime, get those good habits in early.

If he can't, well hopefully Dwight can be the leader that we need. Lol?

20. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

James Harden is way too passive to be a leader. he's more of a steady rock, which is why he meshed so well with Durant and Westbrook.

Dwight Howard? he is what he is at this point in his career. let's just hope he can carry this team 3 1/2 quarters and let Harden/Lin/Parsons finish the job in the end.