1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It is official, Harden the laziest guard at NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by landryfans, Nov 19, 2013.

1. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Are you really arguing that Harden is not lazy on defense? There's far more than that one game. This pretty well documented.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=247114

I appreciate the passion but why argue just to argue? There is an ignore function.

2. Grinds

Grinds Member

Most of the bash threads are Lin-based. This one is no different. Anything with Bev, Lin, or Harden will be Lin-based. Even some of the Dwight threads have had Yao overtones. Every fanbase talks about their players. It's not specific to Houston.

Nah, the question was "which players have been lazy to start their career, then changed." Amare and Carmelo entered the league lazy and are still pretty much the same. I fear Harden is too much like Melo. Plenty scoring, but lacking leadership. I've bashed Melo before as well and don't think he'll ever win a championship as a team's best player. Harden remains a question until he improves.

I run a successful business and have given discounts without being asked. I do it when it's the fair thing to do, or sometimes just a random kind gesture. It's goes a long way. Stop exaggerating and saying Les needs to give away free tickets or burn money . A $5 parking discount would go a long way with customer-team moral, especially if the main attractions (Harden, Howard)
    aren't playing.

3. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

The most telling thing is that he is the only guard on there. I really don't think it means anything cause he could be conserving energy, but I know he has to give a better effort on D.

4. zdrav

zdrav Member

Much was made of Harden's team-first attitude last year, about how he wrote a letter to Sam Presti on how he could learn to co-exist with Durant and Westbrook, and of course, his willingness to come off the bench for OKC.

I doubt he's doing a Jekyll-and-Hyde routine, or that he's been faking it all these years. Maybe he still feels that he needs to prove that he's a true #1 option, though that seems to be a foregone conclusion by now.

5. Grinds

Grinds Member

Unless you're arguing Harden is a good defender, stop posting.

Post the NBA.com link so I can review it, then destroy your feeble argument.

"Harden has steals and blocks, he must care about defense and isn't lazy"

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

-Not sure what Dwight has to do with Yao other than the fact that Yao played the same position. Yao's been out of the league for years now, and Dwight never did anything to affect Yao in a negative manner... if anything the opposite when yao pretty much dominated him.

The LOF vs Everyone else mantra is on a whole other level of ridiculousness, but yes the fanbase here has been negative about many other players on the roster. Even Parsons, D-Mo, & Jones have been bashed in other threads lately. Its getting ridiculous, and its not JUST about the LOF anymore.

-Stars being lazy at the beginning vs. the end... who gives a crap when they were lazy on defense... its the notion that they were lazy to begin with that matters. Not sure what the point of you arguing this is.... Some stars have been lazy on defense in the past too... FACT. Get over it. Harden's bad at defense right now, and needs to get better... Fact... done, now can we move on please???

-Glad to know you are a charitable business owner. Random gestures are a nice thing to do, and can go along way with marketing your business as well. However what you are suggesting from my comment earlier (which was basically discount tickets anytime someone gets hurt) isn't the most stable business model if its done on a whim for no reason just to be nice.

If your stars go down in injury than I get it... its probably something you NEED TO DO to drive revenue outside of your 90 day window (when most sales forecasts are already set in stone), but you can't expect it the night of a game when revenue has already been accounted for. However for future games they might HAVE TO discount to get butts in the seats without star players.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you said opp fg% is a good guage of someone's defense right? or have you changed your mind or moved goal posts?

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol Grinds.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What happened to the GARM that used to be readable

I feel like now it's just topics getting repeated every 2 hours

1. Fire McHale, who to replace McHale, McHale sux
    2. Harden sux on D, Harden lazy on D, Harden not superstar because he sux on D

10. Grinds

Grinds Member

Parsons, D-Mo, Jones have <5 bash threads, they're not an issue. 80% of bash threads are Lin/Yao based. Sometimes players underperform and they need to be called out. Regardless, every fanbase criticizes its players.

Maybe you give a "crap". Initially, you justified Harden's lazy defense by saying MANY players have starting their careers lazy, then improved. My question was "which players" because I don't recall many. We can move on.

My point is owners CAN discount some things when stars go down. No need to type about business plans, sales plans, etc. They CAN do it. Do I expect them to? No

11. Grinds

Grinds Member

Post the link

12. Grinds

Grinds Member

Well the team has started slowly... lol

13. vlaurelio

I will don't worry

But first I want to make sure you don't move goal posts

Q: Is Opponent FG% a good guage of someones defense Y or N?

14. Grinds

Grinds Member

Oh, another Q&A....

Yes, but not the be-all-end-all.

15. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

[​IMG]

16. vlaurelio

how do you compare thabo to harden as a defender?

example: thabo is an elite defender while harden is a crap defender

17. Grinds

Grinds Member

Never really watched Thabo, but heard he's very good defensively.

18. Remii

Remii Member

Hurt my feelings...??? You post something and I responded. No hurt feelings here. Like I said, Harden got a team full of bench players and a clueless coach to the playoffs as a first year starter and Kobe couldn't even do that with Rudy... Lazy players don't accomplish that..

And I never mentioned anything about Harden being injured so you must be the one with hurt feelings because you're making up stuff I didn't say...

19. vlaurelio

wait are you a true NBA fan or a casual NBA fan?

20. Grinds

Grinds Member

Dude, get the story straight.

1) No team has ever had a top 5 scorer and rebounder and missed the playoffs. You keep saying "bunch of benches" for effect. Asik and Parsons could start on most teams.

2) I never said Harden was lazy overall, just on defense.

3) I never said you mentioned injures. However, injuries were quoted in the response you responded to.

Get this through your heads...

I'M NOT AGAINST HARDEN, I'm a Rockets fans who's stating his flaws. Now is one of the few times I've even discussed Harden's defense on this board. Clearly that hurts some of you guys' feelings.