1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know why so many of you---obviously the younger, more jittery, more Xbox-y among us---keep suggesting we trade Parsons.

I really just don't see that happening. The guy started slow this year but has come on strong lately; and all this while dealing with marathon therapy sessions on his back, just to be able to play.

Richard Dawson (really showing my age here): "Survey says....!" (turns and points)

X X X!!!

2. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

We are not trading Parsons at this point in time. That does change in a couple years when KD is up for free agency though. Until that point Parsons is staying. There are rumors that the Raptors are interested in Asik. Wonder what we could get from them. I like Novak, Ross, DeRozan, Valanciunas, and Johnson. Who of these guys would be the best fit?

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

His most important role would be to take ball out of Harden's hands. Instead of Harden making Rondo become a spot up shooter like everybody argue's (Of course thats a terrible plan) Rondo would turn harden into a spot up shooter.

I don't think our offense running through Harden is going to work, i realized that in the second game he played as a rocket.

Harden has to work so hard to get a shot, he's destorying his body playing the way he does. He has the whole opposing teams defense concentrated on him, he has to single handedly iso score while taking on the whole team. Its ridiculous, it takes up the whole shot clock, it puts pressure on Harden, its hard on his body, it stops our offensive flow, it keeps our whole team uninvolved in the offense, it causes so many turnovers because half the time harden cant get his shot off and has to throw a sloppy pass to somebody being well gaurded on the 3pt line, it causes our 3pt shooters to suck because they have to take out of flow contested 3's.

Rondo fixes all of that, he sets up Howard like nobody on our team ever will. He sets the whole team up, he sets Harden up. Now Harden can get free open shots and open lanes allowing him to be way more effecient. It stops the turnovers, it gets our 3pt shooter involved and open shots. On top of that rondo has hustle, heart, rebounding and great defese.

He really could (along with a better coach who runs real plays) fix our whole offense, help our defense and overall help the team chemistry by getting people there shots and helping us start really winning and turn into the insanely good championship we could and should be.

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

5. basketballholic

"The alphabet" .... I like that.

There is no way Milwaukee is trading "The Alphabet" for Asik. No way. Now, I'd almost bet they'd attach Sanders to an Ilyasova deal and ask us for something else back. A lot of people here were simply raving about Sanders last year. You still in? Not me.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Being a top ten center in today's NBA doesn't mean sheet... They call Howard the best center in the league and he has no post moves... Lol. And Asik is a top 10 center and he can't catch.. Asik is only a top ten center by default... And I agree. The Rockets won't trade for Afflalo because Orlando already has a center who is MUCH BETTER than Asik and Afflalo is ballin... As I said previously _ Orlando wouldn't make that trade...

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Rondo's turnover are up there with Harden. But I agree with what you are saying.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Heck, I would take The Alphabet and a draft pick for Asik straight up... If they would go for it...

9. Remii

Remii Member

Rondo is not going to help Howard... KG was already good and can play away from the basket. That's why the pick & roll worked so good between them. And I don't see how he can help team chemistry when both Allen and Doc Rivers had a problem with Rondo... I can see him and Harden getting into it. And you're asking Harden who has been a combo guard all his life to change his game completely up. He didn't do that for Westbrook _ what makes you think he would do it for Rondo...???

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Awesome. That ugly "Greek Freak" nickname needs to be forgotten.

PS: i saw him called "Kounmpo" a lot. Which sounds very much like "bacon" in Lithuanian. This guy's name is just full of awesomeness.

11. eslate22

eslate22 Member

I know the Organization won't trade him now, but if we were able to get K Love for Asik and Parsons... I would pull the trigger

12. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Basketball pundits are currently wondering if Klove is the MVP so far this season. He isn't going anywhere.

14. eslate22

eslate22 Member

well those pundits must not be watching what CP3 is doing... he is the far and ahead clear cut MVP so far

15. devin23

devin23 Member

harden for iggy and klay thompson.

16. Nieto

Nieto Member

Asik, D-Mo and a pick for Korver and Millsap.

17. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Phoenix managed to get a lottery protected pick for Gortat. I'm guessing a top 10-12 protected for Asik from a team desperate to make the playoffs.

Potential trade

Houston gets:
    - Ersan Illyasova

Cleveland gets:
    - Omer Asik

Milwaukee gets:
    - Top 10-12 protected lottery pick from Cleveland
    - Varejao's expiring

Why Houston does it: Get a very good Stretch 4/ rebounder

Why Cleveland does it: If they are really desperate to make the playoffs this season (Like the Wizards are), they get a great center to hold down their defense.

Why Milwaukee does it: Opens up more playing time for Henson to develop, pick up a potential lottery pick, saves long term cap space, get a good back up center for rest of season. (This is a Morey type move for them)

18. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Is Afflalo a top 10 SG by default as well? It just depends on what Orlando values more come to think about it. Is Nikola a pure center to them? He could be a 4 that could work with Asik, Asik doesnt demand the ball. I never seen Nikola play but he could have a solid post move and it will be a good overall defensive team if Victor also reaches his defensive potential. If it doesnt work Orlando would happily be fine with losing if they get a Lottery pick out of it, I guess it also goes with what team feel is more valuable when building a team? A Top 10 SG or a Top 10 Center. You either get perimeter D and a 3 ball or a Double Double a night Big Man.

Overall I would say value is at least equal.

19. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Yes please!!! Faried and chandler for asik and Dmo... I'll even throw rights to one of out European players

20. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

K Love is MVP this year