1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 11/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2013.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

all players have turnovers, imagine if you had Jrue Holiday, you would be ripping your scalp out

turnovers are an over rated stat anyway, especially in the fast paced game, teams play today, there will always be high turnover rates

2. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

People need to quit sleeping on philly. They have a very interesting mix of decent components. IMHO they are having a "linsanity" moment right now.

3. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

We still have the 4th youngest team in the NBA.

4. Remii

Remii Member

If tonight's game was against Miami _ I would agree, but it was against Philly, so I don't. Who had two no name players in Wroten and Anderson and they went the heck off... That entire team scored at will... The only thing positive I take from this game is TJ. I like the 9 3's from Lin but can't expect that on a nightly basis.

5. Drphil

Drphil Member

I was watching League Pass. Lin contributed almost nothing in the 4th quarter but points for the other team. We lost a 10+ lead after Lin came in and took the ball handling from Beverly. When he's not hot and scoring, he's not playing defense either.

I don't blame Lin for the loss. He was just gassed and Coach should have just let Beverley close out. Oh and other players not hitting shots, or playing defense didn't help either.

6. Kerdaboy

Kerdaboy Member

Great game tough loss. Need better substitutions, Mchale has habit of playing key players for 11-12 minutes straight.

Neither of our backcourts could really defend the other. Anderson had a career night and Woten had a freaking 18-10-11 triple double. Gave much too much height and length and the guard positions.

Offense flowed relatively great, had many great looks, most of team shooting very poorly from threes.
    Definitely missed Harden's ability to draw fouls at the end of the game and OT.

Defense needs work, I think we'll end up giving up quite a few points regardless due to pace, but really need to do something about opponent 3pt% seems to bite us every game this season.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

It's over! Jones started and Asik showed zero effort when he came off the bench. I would expect a trade pretty soon.

8. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Um, also we need to be able to hit a three-pointer. This is why we lost today. Many of these misses were open shots...

Parsons: 1-5
    Bev: 1-5
    Garcia: 0-4
    Casspi: 2-6

Also Harden is shooting lousy from 3

9. adobo

adobo Member

Take a chill pill everyone. Although it's a very very disappointing loss, there were some positivies tonight.

Only cure is to get the win tomm...hope we don't run out of legs after today's game.

10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Ehh, we owe them one for taking Royce off our hands. Now we're even.

11. DocRock

DocRock Member

Yea because Lin and Bev weren't ever in the d-league or euroleague.... oh right:rolleyes:

12. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Lin had some awful turnovers in the 4th. Just really dumb turnovers. *smh*

13. New

James Anderson is a decent player. He did not get enough play time here in Houston because Houston does not want a backup SG... It's a pity that we let him go (but of course it was a necessary move).

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol what rotation could he use, he had sick and injured players on the bench and they play tomorrow as well

15. TheresTheDagger

34 points on 53% shooting?
    12 assists?

Defensively, he was guarding a physically bigger and stronger player.

16. dayanm

dayanm Member

And one missed Alleyoop to CP25,

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ummm Danny Ainge would never stop laughing...c'mon dude...

18. 34to11

34to11 Member

Because then you put pressure on the team to make free throws.
    Have you seen this team shoot free throws?

19. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

The pathetic dwight end game sequence broke the teams backs. Ditto with Parsons FT shooting and Garcia's pathetic 3 pt attempt

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I have explained like 5 times already you can look at my previous post if you would like to learn a little about situational basketball.