1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 11/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2013.

1. changwiz

changwiz Member

Most of his TOs either he got hammered but no call or he tried to be aggressive making easy looks for his teammates. None of his TOs are due to some sloppy play or lazy passes. I am OK with his TOs.

2. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

why the rockets lost
    Lin 9-15
    Rest of team 6-26

3. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

Dude stop trolling..

4. ILoveWhiteGirls

You put Asik and Howard in there, this would not have happened.

5. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Lakers was 4-5 through 9 games last year

6. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

no point scoring 34 if a scrub scores 36 on you

1 person likes this.
  7. dragonz

dragonz Member

My 2 cents about the Philly game

First time this season, I have a chance to sit down and watch a Rockets game thoroughly. Although both Harden and MCW was not playing in this game, it still turned out to be a very entertaining game (bitter lost at the end, but I am not worried). Here is a couple of things I noticed/experienced during the game, just want to share with you guys:

1. Dwight Howard loves those weak side 2 man game. He did a couple with Parsons as a cutter/slasher/3pter. It was much more effective than his post up game. He used to have those schemes running for him back in Orlando, with Hedo or Nelson. I'd like to see the Rockets utilized this play more.

2. Our perimeter defenders likes to skip the pick, only Beverley is AT LEAST trying to fight through it SOMETIMES. Our defense is straight up terrible, and I think this is the root of it. Our defenders need to be more proactive, and we should do ICE on the pick&roll defense:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/te4svk4vm1I?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Let's say we are against a team like the Clippers, I'd much rather give up that 20ft pop shot to Black Griffin or DJordan than let CP3 driving in + Griffin rolling. But it is easy to say than be done, it requires a lot communication + training.

3. TJones is looking GOOOOOOOOOD.

4. Regarding Jeremy Lin, here is something from a Knicks fan on Yahoo comments,
    5. 76ers were setting much better picks than our big men. Remember those "mountain picks" when we had Yao? Remember? It is funny how we talked about to be a deadly P&R team before the season, and right now we look terrible on P&R both end of floor.

6. Still cannot thank Hinkie enough for taking Royce White off our hand.

7. It is amazing how much defense sucked in when Dwight Howard holds the ball, gives us so many open looks on 3s. Equally amazing how many times he gets away from goaltending... THAT'S WHAT I CALLED A SUPERSTAR!

8. Can we trade Asik for Hawes, Mr. Morey?

That's all for now.

1 person likes this.
  8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

FK THIS BULLCRAP TRADE EVERYONE

AVERY BRADLEY
    SHUMPERT
    GEORGE
    GARNETT
    ASIK

GET IT FKN DONE MOREY

9. Yellow

Yellow Member

McHale is baffled:

Again he does not take responsibility for a loss, hate that in a coach!!

10. lid1013

lid1013 Member

We really need to go to the high p&r with Lin and Dwight. It would benefit them both and noting but good can come out of it. Dwight could be the most efficient playing the p&r but he insists on posting up. He should post up now and then but the p&r should be his bread and butter. Too bad he is too stubborn to do it more and Mchale is too crappy a coach to demand from his players.

11. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

At this point, if you're blaming Lin for this loss instead of the half-dozen other, far more obvious reasons, then you have a fixation bordering upon obsession.

12. meteor0love

meteor0love Member

Seriously, Jlin got to take care of the ball with the TO's!

13. Cypress

Cypress Member

Prepare to be call a LOH lol!

14. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

u know its bad when T Jones has a better 3pt% than Parsons Bev casspi and garcia

15. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

They went to Lin and he made back to back turnovers. Anderson should not be a mismatch to no one. He is not a good player, damn sure not good enough to score almost 40 on you.

16. windwave

windwave Member

Miami lost to the 76ers when MCW played out of his mind and almost had a quadriple double.

Lin's TOs & defense cancel out his good offense this game. In the end the 2 missed FT by Parsons was crucial...

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

The hard truth is teams know the book James Harden and Jeremy Lin defensively so opposing guards are licking their chops when they see Houston on the schedule.
    Only James and Jeremy can correct this and scoring big numbers alone isn't going to do it.

DE-freakin-FENSE

18. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

The loss was on Parsons, Garcia and Dwights bad end games heroics. Cant expect Lin to do offense and D at the same time. Haters are just reaching. ;)

19. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

We accept Lin's turnovers like we accept Howard's free throws. These were not THE problem this game.

20. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

You do realize Anderson is not a scrub right?