1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan is about to show the world he's on Joakim Noah's level...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kwame, Nov 3, 2013.

1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Kwame just likes supporting H town players no matter how bad they suck.

Deandre is a hometown legend along with

tack minor
    gerald green
    alton ford
    gary johnson

lololol turd ontop of turd. Deandre is just garbage, a big pile of it too, hes so lucky he's 7 foot tall and making $10m a year to be big

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Soooo, this whole "about to show the world he's on ______'s level" thing, when are we retiring it?

3. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Is this post supposed to be funny?

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Eddiewinslow, why the hate? I've tried to offer you sound advice in the gambling thread to help you with your losing ways. When have I ever said that DeAndre is a legend much less those other guys? Can you please find a single post where I've discussing Tack Minor, Alton Ford, and Gary Johnson? If not, please don't make stuff up.

5. showa13

showa13 Member

God him, Griffin, Doc, and the clippers are so overrated. I will say CP3 is top 3 in a deep, deep PG pool but I just don't see how so many people think this team is a WCF lock. They'll be a good regular season team but I don't see them getting pass any of the top teams in the west

6. moose

moose Member

Man, I hope we destroy Griffin and Jordan soooo bad today.

7. Nook

Nook Member

DeAndre is a terrible defender. Yes he is quick and can jump, but he is constantly out of position and not processing what is happening around him.

8. clippy

clippy Member

He's not a terrible defender by any stretch. But he isn't a DPOY candidate either. Point is, he has all of the tools to be one and hopefully under some good coaching he'll get there.

9. eslate22

eslate22 Member

when he wants to play.... he can be a poor mans dwight howard

10. Nook

Nook Member

He is in his 6th year, if his tools were going to emerge they already would have. He lacks the instincts or intelligence to win DPOY.

11. Kwame

DeAndre Jordan is poised to have a career year this season, which includes a tremendous performance against the Houston Rockets where he put up a stat line of 12 pts, 18 rbs, 4 assists, 3 blocks, & 2 steals in just 36 mins against Dwight Howard.

DeAndre's #s this season: 11 ppg, 13 rpg, 2 bpg & a per of 18

Joakim Noah's #s this season: 7 ppg, 10 rpg, 1 bpg, & a per of 16

Thus far DJ is on a similar or higher level than Joakim Noah as predicted in the original post in this thread.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

His problem is low Bball IQ. Gets caught out of position a number of times and commits stupid and ill-timed fouls. And then there is inconsistency.

So far he has relied on his athleticism. If he learns to use his brain and can be reliable, he can be a good center for the Clippers.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

QFT..

14. Kwame

14 pts, 11 rebs, and perfect defense by DJ on the last possession of the game tonight as he guarded Kevin Martin on the perimeter and forced him into an extremely difficult shot which he missed as the Clippers won.

15. clippy

clippy Member

He's playing pretty well. Vinny used to pull him whenever he made a bad play and completely kill his confidence. Doc is riding him out.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's a long season. We'll see how long he can maintain the concentration. One thing for sure is Doc will squeeze more out of him than Vinny, which isn't saying much.

17. Kwame

DeAndre Jordan is currently top 5 in rpg (#3 in the league), field goal % (#2 in the league), and blocks (#5 in the league). Joakim Noah is nowhere to be found in any of those categories. This is shaping up to be another prophetic thread by yours truly. I doubt we'll see any of the naysayers reappear in this thread to bow down and show their respect. But they'll show up in droves to try and embarrass somebody if you're wrong even though many of them are too afraid to make predictions on an anonymous internet message board.

18. clippy

clippy Member

You seem to be someone who goes off the box-scores. Deandre is having a good year, particularly on the boards, but his man-defense still needs tons of work (he was abused repeatedly by both Gasol & Randolph tonight) and his offense is still pretty nonexistent. I'm glad that Doc has faith in him and is giving him critical minutes, though, because he has tons of room to grow still.

19. Kwame

You're wrong. I watched the game. He does all that you can ask of him offensively. He cleans up around the basket and gives the Clips 2nd chance opportunities. It's not like they're calling any plays for him. LAC as a whole didn't play well tonight. It's unfair to single out DJ. Either way you look at it, top 5 in rpg, bpg, and field goal % is impressive. Dwight Howard, for example, is only top 5 in rpg and bpg while he's 27th in field goal % while Noah, as I said, is nowhere to be found.

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

They're different players. DJ is never going to be a player who can facilitate from the elbows or pop out for 18-footers. He's far less disciplined in defending screen and rolls, and his post defense is inconsistent from night to night.

But he does have overwhelming athleticism, far more than Noah, and is a much more destructive force near the basket. That said, for (I think) obvious reasons a black-and-white statistical comparison isn't really an appropriate way to asses the two players' respective impact on the game.