1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Which fan base has it worse?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Oct 8, 2013.

?

Which NFL fan has it worse

1. Jacksonville Jaguars

78 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. Houston Texans

29 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. NY Giants

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Atlanta Falcons

17 vote(s)
    11.2%
  5. Dallas Cowboys

10 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I voted for the Cowgirls. Jags will likely move to LA which is a positive, Giants won a Superbowl recently, Texans have a quality (though loyal to a fault) owner and the Falcons have a legit QB.

The Cowgirls though have Jerry Jones and should he ever die his equally incompetent son. In synthesis, they f-cked.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Did you start a sentence with RIGHT NOW and end it with historically to prove your point?
    lol

I get what you're saying but I'm pretty sure they're pretty disappointed regardless of what happened two years ago. They came into the season with hopes of winning the division.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

1. Jaguars
    2. Giants
    3. Atlanta
    4. Texans
    5. Cowboys

The Jags are consistently mired so deep in suck that it's not even a debate that they're #1. Giants are winless. You might move them down in the list because at least they have a couple of recent Super Bowl wins. But they've also missed the playoffs in 4 of the last 5 years (assuming they miss it this year).

The Falcons situation is similar to the Texans, but worse. They were riding high off a string of good regular seasons. They've had their struggles in the postseason but saw some improvement last year. But they have one more loss than the Texans, and the Texans losses came against good teams while the Falcons just lost to the Jets. So Falcons fans have it worse right now.

1 person likes this.
  4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Jags, easily

And with Julio out for the season + a worse start than the Texans, I'd say Falcons are #2

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Jaguars... they're a mess.

After that I'd say Falcons/Texans are about even.

Cowboys after that, haven't won since early 90s, but at least they have won.

Giants just won 2 rings in 5 years. 0-5 isn't easy, but 2 rings in 5 years that's pretty good in the NFL.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

If we go by expectations.

Jacksonville Jaguars - No surprise here

NY Giants - The only surprise is to people in NY. Giants don't have a good defense or a good QB (yes, I understand he goes HAM in the playoffs - but the man is borderline bad in the regular season)

Houston Texans - Expected AFC champ. game appearance

Atlanta Falcons - Expected NFC contender

Dallas Cowboys - They are playing on par

7. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

The correct answer is Jacksonville, but I chose us (Texans). I could care less about any other fan base. I just know how I feel and what I've been going through since our existence.

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Well based on the question, the Jags shouldn't be an option. They don't have a fanbase.

Other then that well the giants have a few recent Super Bowls and the cowboys historically are a great franchise.

The falcons are done and their fans know it now with jones out for the season and roddy white banged up as well as an atrocious defense. So at least their fans should have no more faith.

Schaub will probably look good this week and people will believe going into the Cheifs game and then we get crushed. A vicious cycle of ups and downs.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dallas fans because they like Dallas.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If true, that'd be exactly why they love him and abandoned the pile of money that would have been the LA franchise. Adams and Hunt were the richest AFL owners and kept the league afloat in its first years. Adams helped craft the salary cap and put his money where his mouth was when he dismantled his team that offseason, while Jones and DeBartolo were getting league fines and giving $35 million signing bonuses to circumvent it. Adams proved that an unpopular team with no prestige or history could get a new stadium with public funding in another state, he retro-actively validated Modell's move and laid the groundwork for every other threat and deal for the next decade and a half. Don't ever conflate the motives or sentiments of a lifelong executive with nine-figure payroll and a 3 - 5% profit margin with those of a first-time caller.

11. Major

Major Member

That's odd, given that the ad revenues in LF all goes to charity.

12. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I don't view Jacksonville as having a fanbase but after several years of being competitive and having a top flight offense including being in the NFC title game, I doubt Falcon fans were prepped for how their season has turned up.

As bad as Schaub is, many of us prepped ourselves so the damage that is his historical collapse isn't coming out of nowhere like the Falcons' struggles to win.

13. thejav

thejav Member

the obvious answer is Atlanta...always good enough but never get the job done..and now this year..yikes..reason i didn't pick Jacksonville is because apathy has set in, they don't have much of a fan base anymore for anyone to feel 2 ways about the team...

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Forgot to include the Steelers. They're still winless too.

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

the Jags are winless, the Steelers are winless, so why only pick the Giants.

16. arjun

arjun Member

Atleast Jacksonville knows they suck.

It's the worst for teams with high expectations that fail. Like he lakers lastyr

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I **** you not, in every sport it is worse to be mediocre than it is to be terrible.

With terrible, there is always the hope that a high draft pick brings. Mediocre has none of that. If you add on top of that an anemic management staff with no new ideas, no new energy, and no potential whatsoever for even lucking out on a great, transformational draft class, then that is the exact recipe for being the worst franchise to root for.

The Rockets in 2009, aside from having Daryl Morey, were that team. Now in 2013, it is worse to be a Texans fan than it is to be a fan of the Astros, Jaguars, Giants, Steelers, what have you.

If you root for Pittsburgh or New York or Atlanta with high expectations, and someone just turned around and pooped in your punchbowl, you can always attribute it to being in an off-year, Marlins style. The winning pieces should be there; things just aren't clicking. Take your top 10 draft pick next year and add it to what should still be a solid core.

If/when the Texans go 8-8 or 9-7 this year, that will be much worse. False hope. Retained coaches and team leaders that should not be here. And a draft pick in the low 20's. Woof.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Just because you don't have high expectations doesn't mean that it doesn't sting when you lose games / have a W-L record that is abysmal.

From an objective standpoint, Jags have it the worst. Giants dropped the furthest, since they came off winning two superbowls, and is now one of the worst teams in the league with essentially the same roster (of important people, at least - JPP, Eli, Cruz).

Texans and Falcons were both expected to compete well this year - and it's still early-ish in the season. Texans can turn it around with better QB play, and the Falcons still have Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez.

Dallas is doing well. Aside from losing a heartbreaker against Denver, Romo and Dez Bryant have developed one of the best QB-WR chemistries in the league.

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Dallas because of two words: Jerry Jones. Just imagine how much it would suck if Uncle Bob decided to be the General Manager as well as the owner. Or that the Texans would have to endure 19 years of clueless mediocrity because of this. And if you think times are bad today, you should have been around during the days of that POS a$$hole Bud Adams was the owner.

20. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

jags ought to get tebow. they're gonna draft a qb. just don't screw it up this time. blackmon is good