1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin needs to be the sixth man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iam, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

go look at Dwight stats. parasolid. Not very superstar scoring numbers without Lin.

2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i think now lin is better coming off the bench...he will shine more ...plus bev can't run the offense in 2nd unit...at least now harden can help out bev....hey, at least now lin has a chance to win 6th man of the year.

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Ironic , lin loses his starting spot because the other PG stinks at playmaking.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Seriously, no athlete in their prime would ever want to be the 6th man. However, this team is McHale's team now so he can start anyone he wants. You do what he tells you to do or you don't get to play it's that simple. Worst case his boss fires him....he's sat every single player on the roster last year, including Harden.

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Lin is not 6th man . 6th man get support, reassurance of minutes and finishing the game from coaches for their sacrifice to come off the bench. He is just getting benched, if they decide to have Bev starting in regular season. Bev will have much higher chance of finishing games also, which he was already last year.

6. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Well the idea of JLin hoisting the 6th man trophy at home during the first round would be kinda cool.

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

In short, a 6th man is a nicer way of telling a player that he's a bench player.:grin:

8. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Absolutely what I was thinking as well, this argument that he will get to play his style or run the second unit, play 30 minutes, finish games, is just to placate those who think its a bad move. No sign that McHale would ever increase Lin's usage or minutes regardless of the role.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Do you really think Kevin McHale, of all people, would see the 6th man as a "bench player"?

10. Caris

Caris Member

It would be sad if it were so. He worked his butt off to be a better starting PG.

11. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Not going to happen, cause 6th man players start off the bench and eventually mix in with the starters, if they use this to avoid playing Harden and Lin together it's over for Lin, his minutes are going to drop like rock. Lin currently is in the same situation as Asik if this continues. I was hoping all year that despite the constant negative comments from Mchale, that I was misreading it, because it was some sort of hard love. No need to read that way anymore. It is what it is.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The crying for Lin in this thread is just awesome if you are looking for a good laugh. Keep me coming guys.

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Ever wondered what is wrong with Asik?

14. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Lin benched will have Lin playing 20 mins tops in most games. Guaranteed. And people will say how Lin was given every chance to succeed and it's his fault. Watch. Mark my words. I believe we gave an awesome team but when coaches make decisions that boggle my mind, I get so frustrated. It's true in all the sports I follow as well.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Nope. I think Asik just like Lin is a professional who will do whatever is best for the team and understands why certain decisions are made. The only people with the woe is me attitude is a select group of Lins crazy fans and it really is funny to me how complete polar opposites the player is from the fans that worship him.

16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

it's about the minutes and to win the game really...lin might not start, but he will likely get at least the same minutes.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Nothing has even happened yet man. One preseason game, that's it! There has been no decision announced and despite what you believe having Lin come off the bench doesn't guarantee yours and some others belief that McHale has given up on Lin and will relegate him to a normal 18-20 minute back up. Relax

18. Reach

Reach Member

Sample size is a thing.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Not to mention the skill level of the competition, but nah must have been all Lin.

20. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

If this was any other coach and any other team it would just be one preseason game. But we ALL know what has already been decided because it's McHale. McHale doesn't think much of Lin's game. Period.

PS, good luck unloading a player to be paid $15M next year who only plays 15 minutes.