1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Lin Shines in the Philippines! (From NBA Youtube Channel)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tomato123, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Fighton

Fighton Member

you know, if he keeps playing like this in this role, this really is the best way for the rockets to increase his value.

small sample size but his per 36 stat from last night is ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  2. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Lin was incredibly boring in this game

3. demarco1

demarco1 Member

what???!!!!

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin was dominating off the bench. I'm sorry, but after seeing this, it makes me think he should be given his primary minutes with Harden on the bench. It just makes so much sense.

5. wil55n

wil55n Member

Can someone remind me if he was mainly playing against the pacers bench? If so, then we might want to downgrade his performance a little. If not, then he deserves credit.

6. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Curious, video description said Lin had 8 assists, but you have down 6. I assume the video mistyped. Also, I'm not going to imbed them (cause don't know how) but NBA channel also has highlights of other Rockets in this game (I.e. Harden as top game scorer).

7. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I posted some of them in the other thread.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=244960&page=3

In the future, all you have to do is copy and paste the HTML code under "Embed'. It's right next to share this video.

8. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Ahh, I see your thread now. Thanks for the info!

9. Fighton

Fighton Member

in order to maximize everyone's talent on the team, including the 2nd stringers? yes i would agree. if this is how he plays in this role, he's gonna make these backup guys a lot of money.

10. strifed169

strifed169 Member

The amount of screens Lin was getting with the bench unit was creating havoc for the Pacers, would love to see that happen with the starting lineup, more PnRs.

11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

landry fields and steve novak say wuh dup! :grin:

12. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Lin was horrible I thought. His defense was a mess. He looked confused as to his role. He missed gimmes. But our team looks like a monster, though it's early. I think Harden played how he's gonna play this season but Hardens been in fire so far. The true test is when he's not on fire. If he keeps it up, though, championship here we come.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You can make an argument that Lin wasn't amazing, but he was far far from horrible.

He took control of the 2nd unit, and the 2nd unit looked way stronger than if it were led by Beverley.

14. JBar

JBar Rookie

Didn't see the game just the replays. What didn't you like about Lin's defense, Raskol.

15. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Damn lin making his team mates look like starters just like how he did in NY.

16. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Lin looks way more explosive this year. And I like how he's got more confidence in his left. If he stays healthy, he's gonna have a great year. I'm starting to come around to a Manu Ginobili-type role for him.

17. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Not sure we watched the same game but Lin defense at this game was quite good... but the refs where giving a lot of touch fouls... really hard to defend penetrations when you are always called for a foul every time you touch stevens lol

18. FacePalmMaster

Agreed. Even in last year's preseason b4 Harden's coming and the few games that Harden was out, Lin was handling the offense in this same way. Last season every time both Harden and Lin sits on the bench, we consistently lose the lead that they built up. We need to have either one of them on the court at any time to direct the offense. It's just the smart thing to do for the team and even a smart thing for Lin to show and use his talents. win win for all

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

It's good for Lin but bad for the first unit, one never puts the best facilitator of the team in the second unit. Harden ISO (draw foul) and Dwight posting up isn't exactly great offense. Well, it's exciting to watch though when the second unit comes in. Asik-DMo-Casspi-Brewer-Lin, that's a possible starting lineup of a bad team!

20. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

I noticed Casspi18 has pretty good chemistry with Lin.