1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is starting at PG in Manila against the Pacers (UPDATED w/ CF Article)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moose, Oct 10, 2013.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude let's put each other on "ignore." Seriously. I will not see any of your posts after this moment. I encourage you to do the same to me.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You're looking more and more like a LOF.

Seriously, its the PRE-SEASON! You guys get so butthurt over the smallest things.

If it isn't hurting the team I don't see why there's any reason to complain. Unless really that's the only player on the team you care about. I'm sure that's what it is.

3. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Funny how he says "it's not a demotion". Anytime someone says "it's not about you.."
    • "it's about where I am at this point in my life" (relationship)
    • "it's about the current state of our business" (work)
    • "it's about the best fit with the team" (Rockets)
    ...it's about you.

4. trock

trock Member

There really aren't many where he would displace the current starter, but his game might work as a starter with teams that run offense through star wings--Miami, maybe Indiana, Lakers (if not for D'Antoni), and the Rockets. Most of the other teams would need more of a traditional facilitating PG I would think.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

A coach experimenting with different lineups in exhibition games?! Fire McHale!

6. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Damn solid post right here, IMO.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No he didnt, plus you cant go off 30+ games compared to 80+ games..bwhahahahaha And when Bev 1st got here, he was terrible shooting the ball.

Where do yall coming up with this stuff from. bwhahahahahaah

This is the 1st game Ive seen Bev dish out this many assist (5).

8. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

In the first game with Lin starting our bench came in and gave up the lead, as a 6th man he can mitigate that because his skillset is taken full advantage of, whereas as a starter he isn't always able to use it.

9. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I wonder why he did not bench Dwight or Harden to experiment with different lineups.

10. kcd

kcd Member

So anyone who defends Lin is an LOF now, not a Rockets' fan, even old posters?

11. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

I think the key question that not many people here have considered, is that:

- If Lin makes Howard better more so than Beverley
    - If Lin makes the second unit better more so than Beverley
    - If when Lin plays the offense runs through Howard more and there's a great balance between Harden getting his and Howard getting his
    - If Lin is already an above average PG defender, and we have Howard/Asik protecting the rim for 48 minutes, and for maybe 10 of those minutes you have both protecting the rim
    - If Lin's 3pt shot is on par with Beverley's and he's a bigger offensive threat that opposing teams have to game plan for on both drives, isos, PnRs and shooting
    - If Harden has improved his defense and Parsons will become an even more two-way player this season

Then why shouldn't we play Lin 35 minutes per game (or as many minutes as his long-term health allows)? Because Lin does everything equal or better than Beverley, except defense, and Lin's defense is already above average for a PG (and improved it appears this offseason), and overall team defense is already covered by Dwight/Asik and SG/SF improvements?

Wahaha ... gonna get called a LOF again, even though trying to start a rational discussion

I mean Beverley's biggest strength is already covered by our big man, and Har

12. cebunit

cebunit Member

Boom. This thread is over lock it up lol.

13. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Because Dwight and Harden are all stars and lin isn't

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

thats something your brain will always fail to understand

username: peter2012

asian confirmed

1 person likes this.
  15. kcd

kcd Member

racist confirmed

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

haven an asian gf and an asian best friend

theory:eliminated

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Because they are the best players on the team.

18. Reach

Reach Member

[​IMG]

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's because there isn't another center or SG even remotely close to the players harden and howard are. Can say the same about pgs

20. 34to11

34to11 Member

Like how he did during....wait for it.....Linsanity!?!?