1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is starting at PG in Manila against the Pacers (UPDATED w/ CF Article)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moose, Oct 10, 2013.

1. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

I completely agree. I am a LOF, but if you watch the game objectively, you have to admit that Beverely is really really good. Beverely is so good that he would be the clear starting point guard for many other NBA teams.

I really don't care who starts or who comes off the bench, what matters most is who finishes games when the season starts. As a Lin fan I would be bummed out if Lin gets benched in the 4th quarter... yet Beverely provide great value because he can shut down almost any opposing PG in crunch time.

Ideally both can play together in the 4th, but that means we have to go small...

What a tough tough call.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thrilla in Manila.

Mchale trolling Lin fans.

#282 Zboy, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yo -- as a woman, I find this offensive. LOL. And for what it's worth, this board frequently makes me question why women are regarded as the more dramatic/emotional sex....

1 person likes this.
  4. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

you shouldn't say sex around a group of men. regardless of your intent, and clear meaning, we will revert to our barbaric and primitive ways and have only one thing on our minds for the rest of that dialogue exchange.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

First and second units looked better with this rotation, it's not always about "best player" if it was James Harden would of started in OKC. But him coming off the bench as instant offense was what was best for the team, same with Lin.

P.s. Beverly is better

1 person likes this.
  6. Penetrate&Creat

I actually like Lin in the 2nd unit. At least he gets more touches then he would if he started.

I have no problem with him as 6th man:)

7. Vpballa916

now with Howard in tow, we have the luxury of utilizing Lin's offensive talents off the bench.

J.R Smith
    Jamal Crawford
    J.J Barea
    Jaret Jack

Lin could very well do what those guys do for our team.

8. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Yep Rokman was straight up rude; probably one of those "immature children" he was referring to. ;)

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

J.R Smith
    Jamal Crawford
    J.J Barea
    Jaret Jack

+ Jeremy Lin

I see a pattern there. you?

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I saw more local coverage on Chandler Parsons than Jeremy Lin. Are you from here?

11. kcd

kcd Member

No, but I saw a lot of new broadcast from there and the name mentioned the most for the Rockets was Lin's name, sometimes the only name mentioned.

1 person likes this.
  12. trock

trock Member

And they all have names starting with J!

I will say though, that most of those guys you mention are pure chuckers which is why they are not starters. Lin's not of that ilk. I really don't know what to think of Lin as a 6th man. You would think if you're a skillful playmaking facilitating PG, that would make you fit more of a starter role. But the biggest issue is Harden is already there. If Lin is to play the 6th man, I think he's going to have to make an adjustment to look for his own offense way more, like these other guys you mentioned.

13. Vpballa916

good eye, haha

14. Fantasma Negro

This city will never be satisfied with out starting pgs. I give it a year before we have the overflow of "WE MUST START CANAAN" threads or whoever the backup is at the time. I like Pat but we need to end the turnstile of pgs

15. Vpballa916

Lin doesn't need to be a 1 dimensional chucker to be a 6th man. Harden made a career of scoring/play making as a 6th man in OKC.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

17. trock

trock Member

No, but I think he does have to think 'shoot' more than he does now.

18. bongman

bongman Member

You forgot Jason Terry and Jinobli ;)

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

20. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Which ones?