1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 10/10/2013 in Manila, Philippines (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 7, 2013.

1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I don't know McHale but I bet a dollar McHale is a person with very BIG ego and not that easy to get along with.

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

It's the big show of no confidence and not showing trust or faith in your starting pg (still?). Unless it's clear that Bev is better as a starter, after a lot of hard work in the off season, it must feel like a major let down to Lin. If we're doing badly or if the last game showed that we were bad with Lin, then the coach has to do what he has to do to get wins, but this is another story altogether..

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

lol rick fox just said the west semifinals is the best case scenario for the rockets this season

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It is surprising on the timing... I would have waited until after the games in Manila and Taiwan to test it out. But it doesn't surprise me at all on the actual roster test though. Beverley has played exceptionally well and it makes sense to give him a shot with the starters.

This is not an uncommon reaction from some when things don't go right for Lin, but remember... raskol insists it never happens.

5. raskol

If Lin does good today, it's gonna be proof that Lin is better as a bench player. He does bad, that means that he is not a starter quality pg. Classic lose/lose situation the way I see it for Lin. As for our team, we shall have to see.

6. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Funny how people say they hate Lin or Lin fans because Lin fans are angry towards McHale. Why don't they have a right to hate this guy who flips the bird on these people in an egotistic manner?

I've come to the conclusion that these people just have double standards.

7. jocar

jocar Member

If you think Filipinos come to the game just to see Jeremy, you have no idea what you're talking about. They don't support players just because they are asian, they support everyone with skills, pretty equally. Most of them are out there to see Dwight and Harden. I rarely hear anyone hype Lin. Stop overreacting just because you want to see him start. Pinoys are fans of great basketball players, not skin color or race, period.

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=236509

http://www.gameface.ph/showthread.p...ockets-10-October-2013-The-Philippines-First&

Some are actually more excited to see Mchale and Bird!

http://forums.interbasket.net/showt...ts-and-Pacers-due-to-play-in-the-Philippines&

So please stop trying to paint MY people off as Lin fanboys. That's YOUR dysfunction.

They just want to see all stars and legends, and are happy to have NBA players in the P.I.

8. nono

nono Member

Is this game on league pass broadband ?

9. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Stern will have a talk with McHale

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That is and always will be inevitable I'm afraid.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I *really* don't want to get into this Lin vs Beverley stuff this year.

I hope certain fans can show some restraint in how they respond to Lin fans, and I hope in return Lin fans can show patience in trusting the process by which the Rockets coaching staff tries to figure how best to win with this team.

12. raskol

The racist calls gotta stop but then again Clutch says there aren't Lin haters. Come on. How does Bev doing well and Lin doing well, mean that Bev should get a shot to start nothing required us to change what was working. I know you're not a big fan of Lin (not that I'm saying you're hating), but come on. You must see that this is not a smart choice.

13. Rox7

Rox7 Member

I feel for you, Filipino fans.

14. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

DH with the block

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Really? So they like to cheer for boxers that are skilled but not Asian? So when Marquez KOed Manny you guys cheered? Really???

16. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Lol delay of game again. Don't see that one at all wtf.

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

This.

I'm Filipino and come from the Philippines and we don't give a **** about Lin's sorry ass.

Stop saying you "feel" for us.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Bev is balling. Hardens D is pretty good

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Is Manny filipino? Yes. Is Lin? No.

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden is owning Gorge